Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazenga Lua Lua signed permanently from Newcastle (merged)

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'd like to see him play if we have permanently signed him. Hopefully good news for the club and good news for Kaz.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
How has we done this outside the Transfer Window??

I'm guessing that it was done earlier this year (in the previous transfer window) but taken as a loan with an option to buy. Therefore, technically, the "deal" was done during the last transfer window.

I am guessing though....

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Has this announcement been timed to calm the "race row" down I wonder :lolol:

Maybe we'll loan him out now so he can get match fit.....

:lolol: good point. Initially I thought maybe it had been to cheer everyone up but this makes more sense.

We certaintly could't have signed him based on his performances for us this season which have been lacklustre at best.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Pleased but amazed was sure he was on his way back home. Hopefully he will feel more settled with his future secure and hopefully Poyet will pick him. I am sure he can tear this league up!!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
drip,drip,BANG now see him go its always been my theory that Gus has not used him to often to try and reduce the price a little and I have no doubt that he has dripped away and eroded the price until it was right now watch the lad tear up some defences

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Strange one, with Buckley and Vicente fit I couldn't see him making the bench but obviously Gus thinks otherwise

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Brilliant. I'm looking forward to bouncing the thread where numerous morons told me I was wrong for backing Kazenga over Noone. It's a matter of time before their roles are reversed and we see what Kazenga is made of (which is a lot more than Noone).
Horses for courses as they are very different players.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
drip,drip,BANG now see him go its always been my theory that Gus has not used him to often to try and reduce the price a little and I have no doubt that he has dripped away and eroded the price until it was right now watch the lad tear up some defences

This. Gus has made sure we get him at the best price possible. I very much doubt we've paid the over-inflated prices which were being banded around when we got him on loan.

I also believe Gus has been holding back with KLL to keep his confidence intact. Nooney has been excellent, so a starting position hasn't really been on the cards. Bringing him off the bench against, Southampton for instance, when the game was dead and buried would have resorted in 15 mins of KLL getting frustrated and kicked up in the air. The more he sits there waiting for his chance; the more effort, flair and impact I expect to see when he finally gets his chance. I would expect that will be Coventry. Here's hoping we see somersaults.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
His comments in the article do seem to out to bed any rumours about Kaz and Gus not seeing eye to eye, as he says the relationship with the management was the deciding factor.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I thought vicente was meant to be playing behind the two strikers rather than on the wing

Yes but that would mean Harley dropping out and would imagine he would be on the bench to cover and with Hoskins and Barnes in the squad running out attacking places on the bench especially if we continue with one winger

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here