Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazenga Lua Lua signed permanently from Newcastle (merged)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Seems to have been sorted a long time ago.. At the fans forum Gus was VERY clear in his point that KLL was going to be here for many years.
I would suggest that was all agreed on, but we needed to wait for the Insurance all clear.. must be approximately a year since his injury? Maybe there's a '12 month after the event' issue... it might explain why he hasn't played a huge amount, given we've perhaps needed the options he can bring.

I think that is what you call a remarkably insightful post.....................................

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
Good signing. He is a quality player, showed that last season and for Newcastle at the end of the season as well. I would rather have an inform KLL than Nooney in the side, for all of Noones entertainment value and endeavor he seems to be making increasingly worse decisions in terms of when to cross pass or dribble and doesnt have the finishing ability of KLL.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm amazed by all these people that are saying '3 years of warming the bench' or 'will we play him now?' etc.

The fact we have NOT been playing him speaks VOLUMES to me.

Most clubs would have panicked. Thinking 'we have this guy on loan, we HAVE to play him'.

The fact that we haven't been playing him but instead DEVELOPING him in training was always a clear sign that we have his future with us completely as a priority.

He wouldn't have signed if he thought he wasn't going to break into the team here.

Im VERY happy about this.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He was amazing last yr - lg 1 or Champs level he'd have still been one of the best wingers in either lg. If we can get him back (which I think we can) to his usual game we have just signed a gem.

D

Deleted member 18477

That's what Dougie Freedman said after the Leicester game on SSN. (roughly:) 'We could have been 3-0 up, but it went Leicester's way so they were'. What a f***ing idiot :lolol:

up there with arsene wengers... 'i didnt see it.' lol.

D

Deleted member 18477

I'm amazed by all these people that are saying '3 years of warming the bench' or 'will we play him now?' etc.

Most clubs would have panicked. Thinking 'we have this guy on loan, we HAVE to play him'.

The fact that we haven't been playing him but instead DEVELOPING him in training was always a clear sign that we have his future with us completely as a priority.

He wouldn't have signed if he thought he wasn't going to break into the team here.

his future AND our future! as a club we have a long term plan. not a one season - spend a load of money - quick fix to promotion. love kaz and i am also very happy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Great news, and I hope this means Gus will finally give him a decent run in the side. The service into CMS has been absolutely shocking for too long now. Noone being (inexplicably) deployed down the right gives us absolutely NOTHING, so if we want decent balls into the box, then KLL is the one to provide, certainly from the left.

I would think CMS is the one most happy at this news.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Good post. I also remember Gus saying back in Feb/March that he wasn't too happy about the medical treatment KLL was getting at Newcastle, he then failed his medical in the summer, but we've had him under our medical team for 3 months now and it seems he is fit to sign, not just for a year, but 3 years.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I like this signing. KLL is still young and learning so we need to be patient with him. Also, there aren't any mug teams in this division and we'll need a big squad, especially as we have a number of 'sick note' players at the mo.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I find it amazing that some people are so blinded by there opinion of Poyet.That they actually belive he has not been playing him to get price down.Bit like resting Dunk because he has played to many games.Jesus what a masterstroke Gus,a whole new style of management.Dont play you best side when you need points.Genius!!!

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm excited, which is a rare feeling. I'm glad he feels settled enough to put pen to paper and wish for him to mature into an outstanding attacking force. He's got the flair and power. The lad just has to be taught fully how to use it.
Top stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here