Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazenga Lua Lua signed permanently from Newcastle (merged)

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Try Specsavers as I've seen a good many crosses go into the 6 yard box which have been wasted because no one was there to tap them in. I'm in the north stand so maybe I have a better viewpoint of the byline.

Agreed - delivery has been one of the better facets of his game this season when he's had a chance.

Great news!

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I don't get it, they may as well sign my goldfish for the amount of time he has played, unless Gus has not played him in order to get him on the cheap before he unleashes the full power of Kazenga on the championship?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
For me KLL is the type of player that always looks like he could go on and do something special when he gets the ball. You have to expect him to lose it quite often but if he keeps plugging away and gets more match practice I reckon he'll be able to create 2 or 3 decent goalscoring opportunities in most games.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This has been a real bolt from the blue.

He's hardly played - and looked unsure for the 200 mins that he has.

Perhaps as others have said, we've been keeping him in cotton wool to get him over his injury or we've been negotiating on the price and his lack of appearances have helped that. The insurance story stacks up too.

Either way I cant believe we've signed him to just sit in the stands and claim his wages.

So lets all sit back and hope we watch him tear a new arsehole for the rest of the Championship teams.

That is my view also noticed the price was undisclosed so nothing unusual there.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Brilliant news. I know it's been a bit haltering for him this season but he's also capable of skill and pace the likes of which you don't see very often. Hope he flies and lives up to his true capability from now on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Brilliant. I'm looking forward to bouncing the thread where numerous morons told me I was wrong for backing Kazenga over Noone. It's a matter of time before their roles are reversed and we see what Kazenga is made of (which is a lot more than Noone).

So both of them being good is not an option in your world then?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've tended to think that lualua's crosses tend to be better when there is no one in the box to be on the end of them.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Wow - I also thought he was a dead cert to be going back to Newcastle.
Had felt that signing KLL was a concession by Gus to appease Tony and the baying supporters. Gus really hasn't seemed to have much faith in KLL this season and based on his minutes on the pitch and the performances so far has been proven right. Maybe it's an early xmas pressie from Tony Bloom to himself - his own little guilty pleasure.
Just hope Gus gives KLL more of chance to let him show us what we believe he can do, starting Saturday.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
:lolol: good point. Initially I thought maybe it had been to cheer everyone up but this makes more sense.

We certaintly could't have signed him based on his performances for us this season which have been lacklustre at best.

As bizarre as it may seem I am inclined to agree that this is a signing driven by PR motives. It's utterly bizarre since my view is that unfortunately KLL has been found out with regards the step up in class and whilst it could be argued that he has hardly played, this must be due to him not showing enough in training.

I would love to be proven wrong as he was great last season. However, I think defenders in our in the Championship are quicker and smarter and I am not sure he knows what to do when they have the ball and does he have a Plan B offensively i.e. knowing when to just lay off the safe % ball rather than go down a blind alley looking for a foul and risking a card.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
As bizarre as it may seem I am inclined to agree that this is a signing driven by PR motives. It's utterly bizarre since my view is that unfortunately KLL has been found out with regards the step up in class and whilst it could be argued that he has hardly played, this must be due to him not showing enough in training.

I would love to be proven wrong as he was great last season. However, I think defenders in our in the Championship are quicker and smarter and I am not sure he knows what to do when they have the ball and does he have a Plan B offensively i.e. knowing when to just lay off the safe % ball rather than go down a blind alley looking for a foul and risking a card.

I know it was a friendly but Spurs couldn't cope with him.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
we need benno :(

I definitely agree. Its such a shame we lost Benno and dare i say it Murray, who is miles better than Paynter the cart horse. Murray may of been moody but he certainly wasnt shit. If we had of kept these 2 im sure we would be around the playoffs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why would he be on the bench then?

He's been coming back from injury. He broke his leg a year ago and when we tried to sign him in the summer, there was a problem with his medical where his leg hadn't healed properly. He has played in a couple of games this season coming off the bench as an impact sub. He hasn't fully regained the class that he had 12 months ago but he is getting there and now the club must be satisfied that he is fit. I suspect that if we had pulled one back on Sat and the game had been 1-1, then he would have been put on to try and win it. No manager has a crystal ball when making selections for the bench.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Oh god have we got to listen to our pre match entetainer creaming his pants again for the next three home matches each time he reads out the substitutes list

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Poyet doing a Blatter.

Racist Scandal.

Now he'll be pictured hugging him as well.

Two peas in a pod with Suarez as well.

What the f*** are you wittering on about you tool?

Another pikey obsessed with this board.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Encouraging news - now to inject some width and pace and start to create chances. Once we do that we will stop inviting the opposition onto ourselves and we can expect a return to early season form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here