Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just been posted on the Amex North Stand's facebook page

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
What % of Albion fans at the games do you think sing the Palace scum song?

Hint: it's less than 20%.

Hilarious and pure gargbage. So you are trying to tell me that during their entire lifetime supporting the Albion only 20% of people have ever sung "my old man said be a Palace fan"? Or "shoot the palace scum"? :lol: They say 99% of statistics are made up and yours is out the top drawer of fabrication. Have you got some sort of count going? Did you get NOP to do some research. :lol:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Great post...why do some people think it's a crime to report someone...you are not allowed to take justice yourself so the proper and right way is to report them. My daughter who is multi disabled was bullied at school by a girl steeped in religion...so I was supposed to go and see her and give her a smacking? No,reported her to the headmaster who had a meeting with the girl and her parents,named and shamed her and made her apologise...the bullying stopped. Now if that makes me a 'Grass'...so be it...

Im sorry that is completely different to this. You had a real case and your daughter was a real victim. Of course that isn't grassing.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Im sorry that is completely different to this. You had a real case and your daughter was a real victim. Of course that isn't grassing.

Ahem. This is real. Less immediate but real nonetheless.

One of the problems with the internet is that too often people think it isn't real.......they need educating........preferably whilst still young :lol:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ahem. This is real. Less immediate but real nonetheless.

One of the problems with the internet is that too often people think it isn't real.......they need educating........preferably whilst still young :lol:

Here's a little exercise for you as you are obviously determined to be captain save the world. Search Twitter for the word "gay". Now im not certain but I would imagine you will find plenty of posts that arent being that kind. Now I would expect you to ring up the Police, boss, headmaster of all those involved. Now do this every day. Im sure you will find plenty similar to what this boy has posted. Will you? Of course not, so why this person in particular? Because it makes you look important on a message board you inhabit. Its really quite sad.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Here's a little exercise for you as you are obviously determined to be captain save the world. Search Twitter for the word "gay". Now im not certain but I would imagine you will find plenty of posts that arent being that kind. Now I would expect you to ring up the Police, boss, headmaster of all those involved. Now do this every day. Im sure you will find plenty similar to what this boy has posted. Will you? Of course not, so why this person in particular? Because it makes you look important on a message board you inhabit. Its really quite sad.

Read back through the thread.

I have no sense of or interest in being important, least of all on here. As accusations go that is the ultimate internet cop-out isn't it, but if it's all you have left in your locker then go with it. I take a fairly simplistic and quite ordered view, whereas you seem more inclined to the laissez-faire, anarchic and hectoring. I am undeniably old-fashioned (maybe it's an age thing) whereas you appear to be the epitome of modern parental control which is to say (sadly) no control. Denial of responsibility is endemic of course and nothing I do will change that. Unfortunately I am sure that your view will ultimately prevail but meanwhile, humour me.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Hilarious and pure gargbage. So you are trying to tell me that during their entire lifetime supporting the Albion only 20% of people have ever sung "my old man said be a Palace fan"? Or "shoot the palace scum"? :lol: They say 99% of statistics are made up and yours is out the top drawer of fabrication. Have you got some sort of count going? Did you get NOP to do some research. :lol:

I'm both a fan ( ex-East and North stand at the Goldstone ) and an ex-Steward and I've heard very few fans sing the song you mention. 20% is an over estimate - neither myself nor any of my mates have sung it ( I know in your small mind that will make us non-fans but so be it ). It's a childish song for immature people but you keep singing it if it makes feel like a 'ard man ! So where's your evidence that a majority of people sing it ?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Read back through the thread.

I have no sense of or interest in being important, least of all on here. As accusations go that is the ultimate internet cop-out isn't it, but if it's all you have left in your locker then go with it. I take a fairly simplistic and quite ordered view, whereas you seem more inclined to the laissez-faire, anarchic and hectoring. I am undeniably old-fashioned (maybe it's an age thing) whereas you appear to be the epitome of modern parental control which is to say (sadly) no control. Denial of responsibility is endemic of course and nothing I do will change that. Unfortunately I am sure that your view will ultimately prevail but meanwhile, humour me.

You have completely avoided the question. Are you a politician? You have completely spun your answer to a point that was never raised. You claim you feel some moral obligation to report this sort of thing to prevent it becoming more serious later in life. Yet you could easily find 100 more a day on twitter and do similar, except you dont. You only chose this one instance to report to the police. So are you being a total fraud and hypocrite? You either care enough and are motivated enough to do something you believe in and could easily find far worse than this boy on twitter, or for some strange reason you were only motivated to do something on this one isolated occasion.

Anyway, congratulations, your ego has been fed and the Police are coming round for a cup of tea. Out of interest what are you going to day to Darren when he asks how you came to know of this boy and his childish outburts?

Like I said. Enjoy your potential day in court. You and your ego will feel very important.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

These get sung at every away game :lolol:

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Next is his mate Curtis Giirling;

@CurtisGirling: [MENTION=22841]stripeyshark[/MENTION] [MENTION=10124]Henry[/MENTION]_number_8 You f***ing shit stabbing Brighton ****!

@CurtisGirling: @IamDrBaldhead Not surprised, you all love a bit of shit on the end of your cocks you gay *****

@CurtisGirling: @IamDrBaldhead Not surprised, you all love a bit of shit on the end of your cocks you gay *****

Didn't see that coming. :p

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Like I said. Enjoy your potential day in court. You and your ego will feel very important.
Why would SG have to appear in court ? If the police do proceed with any action they will gather all the evidence and say it was brought to their attention by a member of the public. It appears that several of his mates are in for a bollocking too.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
One thing the foul-mouthed young homophobe has managed to do is get Brighton fans at each others' throats, which doesn't, admittedly, seem the hardest thing in the world to do.

The thing that we all have in common on here is our love of the Albion. We differ on most other things, it would seem, and allow our tempers to run high. So we can either count to ten before posting intemperate replies and remember the noble sporting instotution that draws us to this esteemed convocation. Or we can keep slagging one another off.

I vote for the latter, btw - far more fun.

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I'm both a fan ( ex-East and North stand at the Goldstone ) and an ex-Steward and I've heard very few fans sing the song you mention. 20% is an over estimate - neither myself nor any of my mates have sung it ( I know in your small mind that will make us non-fans but so be it ). It's a childish song for immature people but you keep singing it if it makes feel like a 'ard man ! So where's your evidence that a majority of people sing it ?

Well I have been amongst three thousand Brighton fans at Selhurst where almost to a man everyone has sung it. I dont really sing it anymore as I dont really feel the need at my age and certainly never did to feel hard. It was just fun and banter with our rivals. I still refuse to believe that only 2 of every 10 Brighton fans that have attended matches has ever sung those songs. If you believe that you are crazy deluded.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I used to go in the old North stand frequently in the 80'a and 90's (yes I'm too young to have witnessed it's heyday,I was with the oldies inn the West) and in my estimation a small proportion of fans sung the 'my old man' song.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
One thing the foul-mouthed young homophobe has managed to do is get Brighton fans at each others' throats, which doesn't, admittedly, seem the hardest thing in the world to do.

The thing that we all have in common on here is our love of the Albion. We differ on most other things, it would seem, and allow our tempers to run high. So we can either count to ten before posting intemperate replies and remember the noble sporting instotution that draws us to this esteemed convocation. Or we can keep slagging one another off.

I vote for the latter, btw - far more fun.

Given that the England fans haven't misbehaved in Ukraine and given your profession I expect you paid Henry _number_8 to kick this all off so you've got something to write about. Or maybe you are Henry _number_8?

Can I suggest some headlines for your piece?

Spotty Oik ruffles Seagulls nest
Juvenile sparks messageboard mayhem
Homophobic twit (see what I did there) cops (and there) an unfortunate one
Criminal mastermind sent down after seaside tip off from super grass

macky

Dec 28, 2004

yeah i agree very childish .So at what age did you start to go to footballl

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
You have completely avoided the question. Are you a politician? You have completely spun your answer to a point that was never raised. You claim you feel some moral obligation to report this sort of thing to prevent it becoming more serious later in life. Yet you could easily find 100 more a day on twitter and do similar, except you dont. You only chose this one instance to report to the police. So are you being a total fraud and hypocrite? You either care enough and are motivated enough to do something you believe in and could easily find far worse than this boy on twitter, or for some strange reason you were only motivated to do something on this one isolated occasion.

Anyway, congratulations, your ego has been fed and the Police are coming round for a cup of tea. Out of interest what are you going to day to Darren when he asks how you came to know of this boy and his childish outburts?

There was a question?

I simply suggested that if you re-read the thread you would have been able to correct some of your assertions that are very clearly incorrect. Like your assumption that I search the internet looking for a campaign to fight. However when someone sends an offensive tweet that arrives on my timeline (because it was intended to be received by as many Albion fans as possible) why would I ignore it? It is no different to them sending a threatening letter to every Brighton fan. Would that be okay or should it only be it only acceptable if it's an electronic message.? Was the intent any different? Sorry to answer you question by asking some but your motivations seem confused. You seem somehow to equate the use of social media to spread abuse with "superfandom" and thus an okay thing. I'm intrigued whether other effectively identical abuse forms are equally acceptable in your world?

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Have to admit I'm not much of a singer But it all makes for tha game of football
so i like to surround myself wirth singers And to say only 20% sing is utter bollox
and if that was the case watching football would become Very clean and sterile Would ruin the game in fact

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
yeah i agree very childish .So at what age did you start to go to footballl

Not entirely sure what relevance it has but 12 years old if it makes any difference to you.

Have to admit I'm not much of a singer But it all makes for tha game of football
so i like to surround myself wirth singers And to say only 20% sing is utter bollox
and if that was the case watching football would become Very clean and sterile Would ruin the game in fact

Nobody has said only 20% of people sang - it's being suggested that less than 20% sing the childish "shoot the Palace scum" song. @Albion Dan suggests otherwise.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here