Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just been posted on the Amex North Stand's facebook page

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
:ffsparr:

So are you saying that a post from a palace kid about wanting to kill a Brighton fan one day with an lol at the end to emphasise the lack of actual intent, is the equal of race hate? Do yourself a favour. You are clearly not that bright so I'd stay out of it.

No need to start throwing around insults, now, is there? I agree that the kid is unlikely to actually murder anyone. However, if I was to post exactly the same things on Twitter that he has, substituting n*gger for Brighton fan and black c**t (the phrase John Terry is alleged to have used towards Anton Ferdinand) for gay c**t, I'd quite rightly be reported and dealt with by the law. You do agree that all forms of discrimination, be them over race, sexuality or anything else, are equally unacceptable, no?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
slightly off subject, but i have just read 'the jamie' thread. first of all, well played. Secondly, is there a reason the edited thread abruptly stops at 23 pages? and lastly, what was the final outcome?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No need to start throwing around insults, now, is there? I agree that the kid is unlikely to actually murder anyone. However, if I was to post exactly the same things on Twitter that he has, substituting n*gger for Brighton fan and black c**t (the phrase John Terry is alleged to have used towards Anton Ferdinand) for gay c**t, I'd quite rightly be reported and dealt with by the law. You do agree that all forms of discrimination, be them over race, sexuality or anything else, are equally unacceptable, no?

If you substituded the words 'brighton fans love fluffy kittens" it would change the meaning once again.

(I do love fluffy kittens and am a Brighton fan and would be very offended).

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I dont think severnside gull reported a dickhead Palace fans tweet, wasting Police time, disturbingly without even knowing the content of the tweet, out of boredom. Id label it as something far worse. ;o) :lol:

would you care to expand on that?

Clearly I recieved the tweet on my timeline on my phone and on my computer and to suggest otherwise is disingenuous at best but frankly, a deliberate deception on your part - if in responding to you I couldn't be bothered to check back then fine - mea culpa.

But I did put a LOL on the end which according to you makes it okay - as in "send the blacks/asians/somalis/poles home LOL" "kill all gays LOL" or "I think you have a promising career as a cyber bully. LOL" ..... all perfectly okay by your "rules" . Yes? Remember? "It emphasises the LACK OF ACTUAL INTENT" (your words) - oh how the English language has changed. if anyone is that stupid.

This thread is not about egos (sorry to disappoint) and it should not be about points scoring.

The argument is simple. Is posting (even risible) death threats and gay or racist taunts on the internet acceptable within our society?

For me the answer is no.

For you the answer is clearly yes.

The issue is clouded by the anonymity that the internet ostensibly offers - a facade that is now thankfully being broken down - and a moral confusion as to whether something written on the web is tangibly dfferent to something written on paper. Although the law is clear on this, many people, yourself included, appear less so.

An issue has also been raised whether young people should be assumed to be ignorant of societal codes ("the law") and should be permitted greater leeway. You believe that they should. I believe that is dangerous.

No police time has been wasted and no-one is going to be criminalised as, in speaking to the lad on the phone as he was asked to do and as he intends, I am sure that PC Balkham will point out what the law allows and what it does not (whilst quite probably pointing out that the young man concerned is above the age of legal responsibility)

Now perhaps, having clarified the real argument and point of this "discussion", we can draw a line under what has become a frankly rather dull sideshow? (oops! nearly forgot) :lol:

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
would you care to expand on that?

Clearly I recieved the tweet on my timeline on my phone and on my computer and to suggest otherwise is disingenuous at best but frankly, a deliberate deception on your part - if in responding to you I couldn't be bothered to check back then fine - mea culpa.

But I did put a LOL on the end which according to you makes it okay - as in "send the blacks/asians/somalis/poles home LOL" "kill all gays LOL" or "I think you have a promising career as a cyber bully. LOL" ..... all perfectly okay by your "rules" . Yes? Remember? "It emphasises the LACK OF ACTUAL INTENT" (your words) - oh how the English language has changed. if anyone is that stupid.

This thread is not about egos (sorry to disappoint) and it should not be about points scoring.

The argument is simple. Is posting (even risible) death threats and gay or racist taunts on the internet acceptable within our society?

For me the answer is no.

For you the answer is clearly yes.

The issue is clouded by the anonymity that the internet ostensibly offers - a facade that is now thankfully being broken down - and a moral confusion as to whether something written on the web is tangibly dfferent to something written on paper. Although the law is clear on this, many people, yourself included, appear less so.

An issue has also been raised whether young people should be assumed to be ignorant of societal codes ("the law") and should be permitted greater leeway. You believe that they should. I believe that is dangerous.

No police time has been wasted and no-one is going to be criminalised as, in speaking to the lad on the phone as he was asked to do and as he intends, I am sure that PC Balkham will point out what the law allows and what it does not (whilst quite probably pointing out that the young man concerned is above the age of legal responsibility)

Now perhaps, having clarified the real argument and point of this "discussion", we can draw a line under what has become a frankly rather dull sideshow? (oops! nearly forgot) :lol:

Sorry. I couldnt resist drawing one more lengthy sensational diatribe out of you. It was far to easy and I should have let it lie after you'd thouroghly embarassed yourself. Apologies and this is my final post on the matter.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
slightly off subject, but i have just read 'the jamie' thread. first of all, well played. Secondly, is there a reason the edited thread abruptly stops at 23 pages? and lastly, what was the final outcome?

The thread was closed which is why it stopped abruptly. The edited version doesn't do any justice to the events that happened as posts had to be removed and others redacted , think of it as a 18 certificate film censored down to PG. Those who witnessed the unedited version as it ravelled on know what really happened to Jamie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here