Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I for one would not be doing so.. I would like to know how these alleged abuses are any worse than all the abuse that routinely is heard at football? Am I supposed to be appalled if I am called a white so and so, but shrug it off if I am called a ginger, stupid so and so?

AF did not even hear the alleged comments, so it did not cause him any distress. To say that if I were called that, I would be upset, is hardly convincing testimony.

The whole thing depends upon a YouTube put up by a QPR supporter and an (expert?) lip reading it . That is open to misinterpretation . One would have had to be out there and hear everything in context to know what was said and meant.

IMHO,The trial is a waste of public time and money..it would be better to tackle real racism than this petty argument.

false but its cool

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
John Terry will probably knee the prosecuting lawyer in the back early doors, "just to let him know he's there".

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Based on evidence from both Evra and Suarez. Wasn't the clinching factor that Suarez actually contradicted himself in his statement?

They both did. Arguably Evra more than Suarez.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
It wouldnt have happened , only white people can be racist.

Bullshit. The only time someone was ever openly racist to me, they were non-white.

What is a real crime though is that the most John Terry can be fined is £2,500. He probably earns that much just going and having a dump.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Laughing at the thought of all those posh barristers and solicitors repeating 'Sir, can you indeed confirm you called the defendant a horrible ****?' 'Did you call him a **** sir?'

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Either way, it wasn't based solely on the evidence of 1 person...

Maybe, but it did seem to hinge on three people deciding which dubious evidence they believed less that the other. It wasn't just Suarez's statement that was 'iffy'

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Dan Roan ‏[MENTION=12249]Dan[/MENTION]roan

Lip reader shown footage & tells court that on 2nd clip featuring Terry he says, ".. you f***ing black c***, (pause) you f***ing nobhead."

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Er, because the law of this land (as well as ECHR legislation) states that a person is entitled to a fair trial before the appropriate legal body? Trial by SkySports hasn't yet been approved by the European Courts.

I apologise and will happily withdraw my statement. I thought it was more of an open-and-shut case, I didn't realise the strength of JT's defence argument.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I said that you had plumbed new depths of stupidity, it was a figure of speech, but cases like these only serve to enhance my belief that the police , cps and judiciary are shit scared of the race lobby and will always take the side of the minority if possible.
In this case the woman is accused of using phrases straight from the bbc tv hand book , " im a british citizen , i dont know where you're from " " suicide bombers" , , yeah, course she did , and the woman repeatedly asked for the cctv evidence to be retrieved only for the police to say it contained nothing relevant, well what f***ing evidence DID they have apart from the accuser being a poor persecuted muslim.

Jury took just 15 minutes to clear photographer of abusing pregnant woman in Tesco - Crime - News - Evening Standard

Let's just concentrate on the Terry case for now; do you think it is acceptable to go around calling people black ****s?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Let's just concentrate on the Terry case for now; do you think it is acceptable to go around calling people black ****s?
lets just concentrate on the terry case because you really havent got any argument against the joke case that i highlighted, and no i dont think its acceptable, but neither is being called a white c*nt, which i have been, neither case is worthy of court though , or if they are then demonstarating while carrying placards reading " europe you will pay, jihadis are on their way" certainly is , surprise surprise they werent though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dan Roan ‏[MENTION=12249]Dan[/MENTION]roan

Lip reader shown footage & tells court that on 2nd clip featuring Terry he says, ".. you f***ing black c***, (pause) you f***ing nobhead."

martinbrunt ‏@skymartinbrunt
#terry Asked by Terry lawyer Lipreader says her skill is based on experience and educated guesswork to a degree
Retweeted by Jeremy Vine

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
lets just concentrate on the terry case because you really havent got any argument against the joke case that i highlighted, and no i dont think its acceptable, but neither is being called a white c*nt, which i have been, neither case is worthy of court though , or if they are then demonstarating while carrying placards reading " europe you will pay, jihadis are on their way" certainly is , surprise surprise they werent though.

Good. I'm glad we agree on something. I do believe it is worthy of a court case though. I have always felt a few high profile cases like this one are always a good way to show what is and what is not acceptable in the UK.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

You found JT guilty a long time ago - If he's found not guilty you will have huge amounts of humble pie to get through!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If he's found not guilty you will have huge amounts of humble pie to get through!

No I wont, I'll just blame the judicary system. If John Terry is a man who does not have some sort of criminal record attached to him for all the crap he done then clearly something is wrong :smile:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No I wont, I'll just blame the judicary system. If John Terry is a man who does not have some sort of criminal record attached to him for all the crap he done then clearly something is wrong :smile:

WTF?! You're saying if he's found 'not guilty' you will still have him as 'guilty' - what is this assumption based on? Do you play for QPR or Chelsea? No other possible reason for you to say he's guilty. If you mean the lip reading thing there's ZERO proof that was racist. He claimed straight away he was saying 'I wasn't calling you a black ****' - am I right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here