Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If a football fan is convicted of what John Terry said, would they not get banned from every football ground in the country? I hope that happens to John Terry

Now there's an interesting concept, a player banned from every football ground.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It wouldnt have happened , only white people can be racist.
You really do have a bizarre persecution complex on behalf of the defenceless downtrodden working class white man. On £200k a week.

(and take a look at the rest of my edited post - you probably agree with what I say)

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
If Suarez got 8 matches based on no evidence Terry should be at least double that.

There was evidence in the Suarez case, just not enough evidence to prosecute. A prosecution requires that something is proved beyond reasonable doubt, the FA only require proof on the 'balance of probability'.

I agree with you general point though - however the FA cannot do anything until this trial is complete. They wouldn't want to be seen to be pre-judging the justice system.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It wouldnt have happened , only white people can be racist.

What was it you said about new depths of stupidity?

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
There was evidence in the Suarez case, just not enough evidence to prosecute. A prosecution requires that something is proved beyond reasonable doubt, the FA only require proof on the 'balance of probability'.

I agree with you general point though - however the FA cannot do anything until this trial is complete. They wouldn't want to be seen to be pre-judging the justice system.

I dont want to go back over it, but Suarez was charged by the FA soley from the 'evidence' from Evra. Hence why it wouldn't stand up in court. No-one else overheard it. It was a fairly shocking outcome.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I can't find the actual offence he's been charged with in any news articles, but I would imagine it's racially aggravated intentional harassment, alarm or distress.

On summary conviction (I'm sure this case is at Westminster Magistrates') an individual could receive a custodial sentence of up to six months, amongst other possible sentences. In reality, nobody ever gets the maximum sentence, especially not for a first offence.

Not quite.
Section 5 public order act, racially aggravated, carries maximum level 4 fine, aka £2.5k.
If he were charged under Section 4a, then it would be imprisonable.

If found guilty, I reckon he'll get a one year conditional discharge, which is, IMHO, better than a fine.

More interesting would be if the prosecution applied for a football banning order.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What was it you said a new depths of stupidity?
Embarrassing yes, but equally you seem to want a bloke locked away for something he said during a football match?

I know he's a twunt and all that, but we can't just lock people away we don't LIKE. Unless we're Kim Jong Il, naturally.

Because being a season ticket holder gives someone such a unique insight into club policy that is denied to others doesnt it ?

Well according to him the club have already said this may happen themselves, however I have been unable to find evidence of this online. Will quiz him on this again next time I see him.

FWIW other people in a better positions to judge than me agree with the sentiment that it's a possibility, however unlikely it may seem.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
bore off bushy ffs

There are many black people that openly espouse that view; that a black person can't be racist. I hear it regularly in South Africa where some of the black ANC apparatchiks routinely use the phrase "white criminals" because "they stole our land" and justify it by saying that black people cannot be racist when they are insulting white people. So, Bushy is not totally wrong in his statement.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
What was it you said a new depths of stupidity?

I said that you had plumbed new depths of stupidity, it was a figure of speech, but cases like these only serve to enhance my belief that the police , cps and judiciary are shit scared of the race lobby and will always take the side of the minority if possible.
In this case the woman is accused of using phrases straight from the bbc tv hand book , " im a british citizen , i dont know where you're from " " suicide bombers" , , yeah, course she did , and the woman repeatedly asked for the cctv evidence to be retrieved only for the police to say it contained nothing relevant, well what f***ing evidence DID they have apart from the accuser being a poor persecuted muslim.

Jury took just 15 minutes to clear photographer of abusing pregnant woman in Tesco - Crime - News - Evening Standard

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Embarrassing yes, but equally you seem to want a bloke locked away for something he said during a football match?

I know he's a twunt and all that, but we can't just lock people away we don't LIKE. Unless we're Kim Jong Il, naturally.

Tonight Matthew, I am Kim Jong Il :lol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I dont want to go back over it, but Suarez was charged by the FA soley from the 'evidence' from Evra. Hence why it wouldn't stand up in court. No-one else overheard it. It was a fairly shocking outcome.

nor did anyone in this case either. we rely on the Sky footage and a member of the public making a complaint after watching it on youtube, probably repeatedly with someone elses "lip reading". Its goingt o be interesting to find out what witness statements and evidence is brought forward.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

It's a cumulative sequence of events which have brought me to my conclusion. What he said to Anton Ferdinand is just the most recent example. I'd happily sling him in prison and throw his brother, mother and father in the cell as well.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Lets not forget you'd be all over this, boring NSC to DEATH, if AF had abused JT because he was white.

I for one would not be doing so.. I would like to know how these alleged abuses are any worse than all the abuse that routinely is heard at football? Am I supposed to be appalled if I am called a white so and so, but shrug it off if I am called a ginger, stupid so and so?

AF did not even hear the alleged comments, so it did not cause him any distress. To say that if I were called that, I would be upset, is hardly convincing testimony.

The whole thing depends upon a YouTube put up by a QPR supporter and an (expert?) lip reading it . That is open to misinterpretation . One would have had to be out there and hear everything in context to know what was said and meant.

IMHO,The trial is a waste of public time and money..it would be better to tackle real racism than this petty argument.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Based on evidence from both Evra and Suarez. Wasn't the clinching factor that Suarez actually contradicted himself in his statement?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here