Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He can't be locked up for this.

The maximum he can get is £2.5k fine.

I can't find the actual offence he's been charged with in any news articles, but I would imagine it's racially aggravated intentional harassment, alarm or distress.

On summary conviction (I'm sure this case is at Westminster Magistrates') an individual could receive a custodial sentence of up to six months, amongst other possible sentences. In reality, nobody ever gets the maximum sentence, especially not for a first offence.

more the fact what it will do to his football career, he is still under a FA investigation so could be an 8 game+ ban

Could be worse than that. Chelsea STH mate believes they'll terminate his contract if he's found guilty. I for one think that's a possibility.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Could be worse than that. Chelsea STH mate believes they'll terminate his contract if he's found guilty. I for one think that's a possibility.

Not a chance of that IMO. If they're not going to do anything to Ashley Cole for shooting a young lad, even with an air pistol, they'll certainly not do anything serious to Terry. They might fine him, then give him a new contract with a pay rise.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
IF there was a row going on, of the nature claimed, and by all accounts was started by AF, I can see no reason why JT has done anything wrong. It is not as though he has gone up to some random black guy and abused him. How is it any worse than the vile crap they claim AF is spouting? If JT just went up to AF and racially abused him without any provocation it would be a completely different matter. Why is if any different to calling a fat guy a "fat ****" in the heat of an argument? The guy would be fat, it would be very personal, and I am sure the guy would feel offended.

All this is a complete waste of public money IF it is all as reported so far.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You have plumbed new depths of stupidity here , when domestic burglars and muggers dont get locked up, you want him jailed for something like this , get a life for fucks sake.

Yeah, but your average burglar is marginally more popular with the general public than John Terry, so rationale disappears out of the window here. It's not because of what he's done that so many people are having a dig. It's because of who he is, or at least the public perception of who he is.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is no way his contract will be terminated whatever the outcome

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Brian Moore is a bit of a gobshite ex-rugby player, but he sums up my feelings on the matter well:

Leaving aside the racism allegation, what is admitted as routinely said between players on Premier League pitches is unacceptable.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You have plumbed new depths of stupidity here , when domestic burglars and muggers dont get locked up, you want him jailed for something like this , get a life for fucks sake.

Bushy to the defence of the white person in a race crime. Why don't you surprise us one day?

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Strange how this thread isn't locked down as tightly as the one for Dunk and co.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
IF there was a row going on, of the nature claimed, and by all accounts was started by AF, I can see no reason why JT has done anything wrong. It is not as though he has gone up to some random black guy and abused him. How is it any worse than the vile crap they claim AF is spouting? If JT just went up to AF and racially abused him without any provocation it would be a completely different matter. Why is if any different to calling a fat guy a "fat ****" in the heat of an argument? The guy would be fat, it would be very personal, and I am sure the guy would feel offended.

All this is a complete waste of public money IF it is all as reported so far.

Silly us, I guess most people hadn't realised; racism is perfectly fine if used in the heat of an argument if you've been insulted first.

Are you on JT's legal defence team!? If not, perhaps you should be...

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
IF there was a row going on, of the nature claimed, and by all accounts was started by AF, I can see no reason why JT has done anything wrong. It is not as though he has gone up to some random black guy and abused him. How is it any worse than the vile crap they claim AF is spouting? If JT just went up to AF and racially abused him without any provocation it would be a completely different matter. .

Oh my.

OH. MY

Oct 25, 2003
a lot of people are tweeting the goings on of the course case........surely this is contempt of court?

the media lock down during court cases is exactly why I had to learn f***ing short hand

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
a lot of people are tweeting the goings on of the course case........surely this is contempt of court?

the media lock down during court cases is exactly why I had to learn f***ing short hand

The judge can now give permission on the case going on

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bushy to the defence of the white person in a race crime. Why don't you surprise us one day?
Herr Tubthumper in pot calling the kettle black shocker, after yet another right on lefty racism rant against surprise surprise (INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUIILTY) john terry ..........again, shouldn't you be out campaigning for innocent until proven guilty Omar Deghayes or something ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Herr Tubthumper in pot calling the kettle black shocker, after yet another right on lefty racism rant against surprise surprise (INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUIILTY) john terry ..........again, shouldn't you be out campaigning for innocent until proven guilty Omar Deghayes or something ?
Lets not forget you'd be all over this, boring NSC to DEATH, if AF had abused JT because he was white.

Edit: FWIW, my opinion of this case is similar to [MENTION=12740]pork pie[/MENTION]'s and I agree with Brian Moore. It was racist, sure, and it is totally unacceptable even in the heat of battle - but really there are far worse crimes, and smart arse cretins trying to belittle these opinions with posts like "OH. MY." don't change this fact I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here