Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry serial adulterer and gambler.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Henry Winter is a brilliant journalist.

I think John Terry would have been found out at the World Cup - he'll win headers and tackles all day long but against superb ball-players like Lionel Messi he's got no hope.

Hmm, his four four two column always used to wind me up a bit to be honest.

Always preferred Martin Samuel, personally.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Ridiculous. His private life should have NOTHING to do with his job. What he does in his own time should be kept completely separate.

If you're shagging your team-mate's girlfriend then, by definition, it has a lot to do with your job. If it happened in a Sunday team you'd expect to lose a lot of friends, let alone if you're the Captain of your national side.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Ridiculous. His private life should have NOTHING to do with his job. What he does in his own time should be kept completely separate.

Except when your job is performed in front of 40,000 people every week and you earn £1million every 6 weeks and you are England captain and your picture is on the bedroom wall of thousands of young children and you are regarded as a figurehead and your family is a bunch of crooks and you are basically a f***ing cock

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

I agree usually, but, he's kind of mixing it up a bit isn't he? Would you want to go into work with the guy who shagged your then girlfriend?

biggles

Feb 21, 2009
if you read another thread englands new manager should be

wait for it

adam el abd simples!

Except when your job is performed in front of 40,000 people every week and you earn £1million every 6 weeks and you are England captain and your picture is on the bedroom wall of thousands of young children and you are regarded as a figurehead and your family is a bunch of crooks and you are basically a f***ing cock

EXACTLY :thumbsup:

The Role Model argument has lead to the outbreak of many stories, for example Gary Flitcroft's affair, and as they are role models it gives a Judge the power to overrule such inunctions

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
f*** the tabloid scum, they just make things up to cause trouble.

Have you checked out the British libel laws lately? People come from all over the world to sue in British courts.
They rarely make things up, believe me. It's not worth it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Terry is an idiot. I think Cappello should have a chat with Rooney and see how he feels about becoming captain. If he's up for it he should get the armband now. Basically, if we are going to win the WC it will be because Rooney does for us what Maradona did for the Argies in '86.

None of the other 'candidates' have the brains or the inspirational quality required.

You need total harmony in the camp and I don't see how that can happen with Terry as captain.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Terry is an idiot. I think Cappello should have a chat with Rooney and see how he feels about becoming captain. If he's up for it he should get the armband now. Basically, if we are going to win the WC it will be because Rooney does for us what Maradona did for the Argies in '86.

None of the other 'candidates' have the brains or the inspirational quality required.

You need total harmony in the camp and I don't see how that can happen with Terry as captain.

Are you putting Rooney and brains in the same sentence?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Are you putting Rooney and brains in the same sentence?

Rooney has a brilliant FOOTBALL brain, and he is inspirational. Just look how he led Utd past City this week and is almost single-handedly keeping Utd season together after Ronaldo's departure.

England have plenty of foot soldiers to do a lot of the media work - Rio, Hargeaves (if fit), Gerrard, Becks.

In fact, Rooney's appointment would kill this story in its tracks and could actually be a positive for the side in the longer run...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
i had to laugh , a few years ago i was working in worthing and had a skip delivered , the driver had a chelsea flag adorning his lorry , evreything blue , including his chelsea shirt with terry on the back . anyhow the conversation went something like , "hello mate , support chelsea do you " " yeah f***ing right i do " "oh ok can you get the skip on the drive" "yeah , do you know something " "er whats that " " well you know john terry " " yep ive heard of him" "well he f***ed my daughter , yep he f***ed my daughter and came inside her , how f***ing good is that , ive supported chelsea for years and john terry f***ed my daughter "
i did not know where to look or what to say but the above is true , the skip lorry driver was over the moon that terry shagged his daughter !!! unbelievable ! but true!!

I can see why he's happy - if she gets pregnant that's a council house and loads of maintenance all in one go. Ker-bloody-ching.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
well i know one FACT,BRIDGE got a good slap from my mate a few years ago,giving it the big boy bollocks with his mate,then got a bloody nose for his troubles:lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Personally, although I couldn't give a toss about what John Terry does if I was looking for an England Captain I'd much rather see Mr Beckham in that role. With his vast experience frankly he'd be a much better bet even if he isn't quite the player he once was. The fact that he's in demand in Italy shows he still has a lot of talent on the pitch and off it he has it in spades.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I think the best thing to come out of this is that it shows rich people can't just slap down an injunction whenever they don't want something to appear in the papers.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
We don't need Rooney as captain. Half the squad would be worried for their grannies!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally think that making Rooney captain would be similar issue other great sportsman like Botham had when captain and total loss of form due to additional responsibility.

Maybe Lampard should be as a holding role.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here