Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Gatting

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Les Biehn said:
Cruel to be kind, ermm... Telling your mate he needs to move on from his ex-girlfriend because she ain't coming back is cruel to be kind. Abusing a 19 year old lad, thats just shitty, no kindness there at all.

I have a big Heart Les :thumbsup:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
byf said:
No as usual...people have completely disagreed with my opinion and started trying to chase for answers to how ive come about the opinion that gatting is not good enough...

I don't completely disagree with you. In fact, I do agree with your view that Gatting doesn't have what it takes to make it, we only differ by how we show it.

I didn't lay into Gatting on Saturday because it doesn't help him, and I was fairly sure Wilkins had to be seeing what we were seeing. I think he will follow Robinson back to a spell in the ressies now.

That's not to say I've never laid into a player because I have, but Gatting looks low on confidence as well as ability, so I felt a volley of abuse wouldn't help. But if I had completely disagreed with you, I'd have turned around and said so, and the fact that NO-ONE around us turned round and had a go at you, nor stood up and defended Gatting - except for a couple of sarcastic bits of enthusiastic praise when he completed a pass - seemed to speak volumes for the general opinion of him.

It's sad to say, but he looks like Scott Ramsey to me. He's okay, does a lot of things quite well, but has no stand-out ability (pace / strength / heading / first touch / finishing etc) that will enable him to make it in the pro game.

My opinion, not based on fact, just based on what I think. And I would be over the fecking moon if the guy could prove me wrong.

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Gritt23 said:
I don't completely disagree with you. In fact, I do agree with your view that Gatting doesn't have what it takes to make it, we only differ by how we show it.

I didn't lay into Gatting on Saturday because it doesn't help him, and I was fairly sure Wilkins had to be seeing what we were seeing. I think he will follow Robinson back to a spell in the ressies now.

That's not to say I've never laid into a player because I have, but Gatting looks low on confidence as well as ability, so I felt a volley of abuse wouldn't help. But if I had completely disagreed with you, I'd have turned around and said so, and the fact that NO-ONE around us turned round and had a go at you, nor stood up and defended Gatting - except for a couple of sarcastic bits of enthusiastic praise when he completed a pass - seemed to speak volumes for the general opinion of him.

It's sad to say, but he looks like Scott Ramsey to me. He's okay, does a lot of things quite well, but has no stand-out ability (pace / strength / heading / first touch / finishing etc) that will enable him to make it in the pro game.

My opinion, not based on fact, just based on what I think. And I would be over the fecking moon if the guy could prove me wrong.

agree....

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
byf said:

No..ive got it on wednesday morning....bricking it to be fair!

And, presumably, while you are doing this presentation you won't mind if people heckle you, tell you you're sh*t, and generally abuse you throughout the whole thing?.... after all, its what you're paid to do....

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Chesney Christ said:
And, presumably, while you are doing this presentation you won't mind if people heckle you, tell you you're sh*t, and generally abuse you throughout the whole thing?.... after all, its what you're paid to do....

Its an interview....I dont get payed for it.....not sure what jobs you go for!!!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
goals since christmas
Savage 2 in 5 +1 sub
Gatting 4 in 10 + 4 sub
Hammond 2 in 9
Ward 1 in 6
Cox 1 in 13
Robinson 0 in 10 + 1 sub

To paraphrase Ernest, The fact that doesnt lie.
Gattings doing ok, before anyone says " so he's got a few goals ,what else has he done?" what more do you want?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Uncle Spielberg said:
Bang on. Gatting is simply NOT good enough for this division, I think he could find a role in a conference side but above that and he is out of his depth. The lad just doesn't have it, the choice should be

Savage and Elder or Revell or Robinson or Hart and then Gatting if all of the other 4 are unfit to partner Savage.

Gatting is by far the worst of the 5 strikers we have. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.
I was unsure.
After reading this post I am now 100% sure that Joe Gatting will make the grade.:D

larus

Kinky Gerbils said:
I rate Gatting and think he will come good.

So do I KG. I think he has shown improvement over the last few weeks, and is still a NOVICE.

Perhaps those slagging him off should think about their own jobs/trades. You improve with experience.

Yes, you can't learn pace, but you can learn to read the game/anticipate better, and this is what I see him doing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
I rate Gatting and think he will come good.

Depends how you define 'good'. He'll always be slow and ponderous, er, I mean he holds the ball up well. Not his fault. It's genetic. Not being funny, but maybe cricket would be a better career choice.

Shearer was crap at cricket otherwise he'd have taken it up after his first ligament injury.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
How about we leave the KID alone.
A-f***ing-men, well said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here