Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Gatting

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Lesley is a boys name:eek: ???
I think Gatting needs to get a bit sharper and fitter. He is still young and i've heard he is the best finisher at the club. It also will help if we give him some better service as well. Stop playing those shocking long balls, get it into the channels behind the full backs with someone able to put a cross in for him. He showed he can finish them with a decent header earlier in the season (I've forgotten who against)

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
byf said:
This is turning into a joke!

Gatting is rubbish..performs rubbish and looks rubbish..I see nothing but a very very ordinary looking product of the youth system who at best is a 10 goals a season striker....he's CRAP!
That's the same Joe Gatting that has scored a fair few of our goals since Christmas, despite being the youngest? The guy's only just learning what it's like to play first team football. Compared to him Jake Robinson is a seasoned pro. At the level below he looked absolute class once he adjusted. He needs time to adjust again to a different style and pace of game. What he really needs is confidence and he isn't going to get that with some wankers amongst his own 'supporters' loudly telling him to f*** off

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
still early days , dont particularly buy the learn his trade arguement though , if your good enough then your ready

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The thing that lets Gattiing down is the fact that he always ducks when he trying to win the ball in the air..he ducks a good 1ft its almost like he is a turtle going back into its shell.....its something the two Deans need to work on as no striker is worth a punt if they are afraid to head the ball....
if you don't believe me watch him in the next game and count the amount of times he does it....

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
portslade seagull said:
The thing that lets Gattiing down is the fact that he always ducks when he trying to win the ball in the air..he ducks a good 1ft its almost like he is a turtle going back into its shell.....its something the two Deans need to work on as no striker is worth a punt if they are afraid to head the ball....
if you don't believe me watch him in the next game and count the amount of times he does it....
sensible CONSTRUCTIVE critisism (sp)
please read byf

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kinky Gerbils said:
Its funny some of the people slagging of Gatting are the same ones defending Robinson to the halt.

Nope cos I rate Gatting as well. Am I allowed to like both of them?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
byf said:
your abuse and boring rants at me are tiresome...Agree with me or not...gatting will never be a decent striker....that will never change!

Where as your abuse and boring rants towards our young players are scintillating of course.

Please do us all a favour and piss of an support someone else. Arsenal have some youngsters who are clearly the finished article, why not throw them your valuable 'support'.

Back in reality we'll all be supporting our young players learning their trade in League 1 and hoping that they will make it without resorting to childish claims that they're 'shit'.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Yorkie said:
Nope cos I rate Gatting as well. Am I allowed to like both of them?
im with you there yorkie i like them both as well

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
My personal view at this moment in time is that Joe Gatting is currently not of sufficient quality to suggest that he is going to make the grade in Div 1 or above. The reality is that we don't possess anyone with a great deal more ability. If we had signed someone like Constantine or Byfield I don't think they would be warming the bench whilst JG played.

Having said that, if he is announced as being in the team, I want him to do well and I'm delighted every time he puts the ball in the back of the net. I certainly don't feel the need to scream out 'You're f****** shit, Gatting'.

There were worse players than JG on Saturday and a few more that weren't much better. If watching the Albion causes such uncontrollable outbursts perhaps it would be better for everyone if these supporters found another team and group of players to abuse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here