Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Gatting

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Gritt23 said:
I don't think he's helped by the response of some of the "fans". Take for example the two idiots who were behind me on Saturday. They dished out constant abuse to Joe throughout the 1st half.

I know players need to have thick skins, but Joe's only a young lad, and needs our support.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean mate..I was giving abuse to him because he is payed to perform for the club and is dishing out crap like on saturday...IMHO it was not an acceptable performance from a pro footballer..i refuse to applud and praise rubbish and thats what it was!

There were these two 'IDIOTS' in front of me that sat and said nothing for 90 minutes...even though seeing an awful performance from a player who is supposedly ready for the 1st team...if he's not why the fcuk is he playing?

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
byf said:
Now is it not important to play your best eleven....Revell sat on the bench is a real talent..this guy looks like he really does not offer us anything...he dissapears for long periods and really looked a joke at gillingham irrelevant of effort he's just not at the races.

As for expectation..if he cant perform to the standard required at this stage then why does he start?? for me he stands out for being poor..just IMHO though!

Personally I see this season as an ideal time to give players experience. It would take a huge slump to get dragged back into relegation fodder and I doubt the play offs are a reality. These youngsters need to get experience which is what everyone agrees on, so why not in a season where we look as though mid table is where we'll end up. The pressure isn't as bad and gives a chance to gain confidence and show what they can really do.
Sorry to bring him up again but one of McGoos biggest mistakes was the Stoke game last season afetr we were already down when he played a loan signing that we wouldn't have rather than giving someone else who would be playing the folloing season a chance to get some time on the pitch

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I rate Revell and have doubts about Gatting, but .....

.... if you consider Saturday, we played much better in the first half with Bas and Gatting then we did in the second with Bas and Ravell.

Maybe due to City's substitutions, or Revell not being 100% fit (although that certainly wasn't obvious)??

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
byf said:
Yeah I know exactly what you mean mate..I was giving abuse to him because he is payed to perform for the club and is dishing out crap like on saturday...IMHO it was not an acceptable performance from a pro footballer..i refuse to applud and praise rubbish and thats what it was!

There were these two 'IDIOTS' in front of me that sat and said nothing for 90 minutes...even though seeing an awful performance from a player who is supposedly ready for the 1st team...if he's not why the fcuk is he playing?
Personally I don't rate Robinson as I think he's a coward but I don't shout abuse at him as it won't help and might undermine his fading confidence. Is it too much to ask the anti-Gatting mob to do the same?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
byf said:

You are right though, he's not looking good enough for the pro game, and those two who sit in front of you are absolutely numpties.

:lolol:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Gritt23 said:
You are right though, he's not looking good enough for the pro game, and those two who sit in front of you are absolutely numpties.

idiots behind you....heroes more like!

:clap:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am not really sure why people think they can go to a football match and abuse a young player learning his trade.

It all seems rather pathetic to me

byf said:

Bet it felt really BIG giving abuse to a 19 year old learning his trade and trying his best didn't it? What's your next trick?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Dave the Gaffer said:
I am not really sure why people think they can go to a football match and abuse a young player learning his trade.

It all seems rather pathetic to me

Because dave...we pay a lot of money to support the team when winning and give constructive critisism when under-performing..

Some people say nothing and will continue to say nothing irrelevant of how poor a player looks..this he's only young does not sit right with me..if your good enough your old enough..why make allowances for a footballer...when we have better in the sqaud on the bench and OGH not even in the squad...

As for learning his trade....there's not alot of ability there..just like in marney and mcphee..in robinson you could see he has something, this guys just making up the numbers.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Nemesis said:
Bet it felt really BIG giving abuse to a 19 year old learning his trade and trying his best didn't it? What's your next trick?

Its not gatting's fault he's just not good enough and will never and quote NEVER MAKE IT AT THE ALBION!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
byf said:
Because dave...we pay a lot of money to support the team when winning and give constructive critisism when under-performing..

Some people say nothing and will continue to say nothing irrelevant of how poor a player looks..this he's only young does not sit right with me..if your good enough your old enough..why make allowances for a footballer...when we have better in the sqaud on the bench and OGH not even in the squad...

As for learning his trade....there's not alot of ability there..just like in marney and mcphee..in robinson you could see he has something, this guys just making up the numbers.

Ok then....so what exactly do you think gatting thinks when he hears some of the stuff yelled out at him? Does he think..." you know they are right, I am shit...I'll give up" " I am doing my best with shit service" " " I dont need this"

You call shouting out " You are f***ing shit gatting" constructive critism then do you?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
byf said:
Its not gatting's fault he's just not good enough and will never and quote NEVER MAKE IT AT THE ALBION!

with all due respect, I think I would take the opinion of professional coaches and footballers over a "fan" any day of the week.

just how do you know he will never make it at the albion..?

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Dave the Gaffer said:
Ok then....so what exactly do you think gatting thinks when he hears some of the stuff yelled out at him? Does he think..." you know they are right, I am shit...I'll give up" " I am doing my best with shit service" " " I dont need this"

You call shouting out " You are f***ing shit gatting" constructive critism then do you?

I hope it gives him a kick up the arse to either step it up or jog on..to be honest with you dave!

I had when I used to play cricket..and it worked for me...

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Dave the Gaffer said:
with all due respect, I think I would take the opinion of professional coaches and footballers over a "fan" any day of the week.

just how do you know he will never make it at the albion..?

My opinion dave thats why we post on here!

Time will tell on that one....do you think he will make it?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
byf said:
I hope it gives him a kick up the arse to either step it up or jog on..to be honest with you dave!

I had when I used to play cricket..and it worked for me...

So are you saying you think he's not trying hard enough then?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Commander said:
So are you saying you think he's not trying hard enough then?

No...Quite simple really he is trying in effort to make up for his lack of ability and every game looks below the standard required...

Cant knowck his effort but effort alone wont bring him through...I wish all the best in his cricket career but footie is a little beyond him IMHO

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
byf said:
My opinion dave thats why we post on here!

Time will tell on that one....do you think he will make it?

Yes I do.

With decent service( and this is the important issue IMHO) he has proved he can hold the ball up, create space and score goals.....you cant ask for anything more from a very young player.

If we want someone who bashes his way and " puts himself about" but will never score many goals, then i suggest on the evidence we saw on saturday, we have two of them in the team. and i am not talking about Revell.

You ae right its all about opinions.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
byf said:
No...Quite simple really he is trying in effort to make up for his lack of ability and every game looks below the standard required...

Cant knowck his effort but effort alone wont bring him through...I wish all the best in his cricket career but footie is a little beyond him IMHO

So how is giving him abuse going to help then? If you cant knock his effort then what are you going to achieve by abusing him? Even if he's not good enough, what do you want him to do? Say "actually byf, you're right, I'm shit so there's no point in trying, I might as well just give up now"?

:shootself

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
byf said:
I personally think he's one of the worst looking forwards I have seen in a few years....He looks lightweight..rarely wins anything in the air..and if he does contribute it is a shock..as soon as we decide who should partner Savage and where to slot revell back in the side..the better!

Find it hard to argue with that comment...spot on!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Commander said:
So how is giving him abuse going to help then? If you cant knock his effort then what are you going to achieve by abusing him? Even if he's not good enough, what do you want him to do? Say "actually byf, you're right, I'm shit so there's no point in trying, I might as well just give up now"?

:shootself

Gatting = not good enough to play for the albion..end of! im not spending an hour defending my actions to you..irrelevant of what you think!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here