Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Gatting

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
byf said:
Yeah I know exactly what you mean mate..I was giving abuse to him because he is payed to perform for the club and is dishing out crap like on saturday...IMHO it was not an acceptable performance from a pro footballer..i refuse to applud and praise rubbish and thats what it was!

There were these two 'IDIOTS' in front of me that sat and said nothing for 90 minutes...even though seeing an awful performance from a player who is supposedly ready for the 1st team...if he's not why the fcuk is he playing?

What Would Jesus Do?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
byf said:
Gatting = not good enough to play for the albion..end of! im not spending an hour defending my actions to you..irrelevant of what you think!

You don't have to. But, as usual, you've made yourself look like an idiot again by contradicting yourself. You said Gatting needs a kick up the arse and that's why you abuse him, but then you also said you cant knock his effort as he always gives 110% Which is it to be?

Have you done your presentation yet, BTW? How did it go?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Commander said:
You don't have to. But, as usual, you've made yourself look like an idiot again by contradicting yourself. You said Gatting needs a kick up the arse and that's why you abuse him, but then you also said you cant knock his effort as he always gives 110% Which is it to be?

Have you done your presentation yet, BTW? How did it go?

No as usual...people have completely disagreed with my opinion and started trying to chase for answers to how ive come about the opinion that gatting is not good enough...

I had a go through shear frustration...just like fans did with mcghee.....I could say the same to the fans about that..."It wont help the players or the manager if you boo and sing anti songs about him...but it didnt stop anyone and didnt help!

Same thing really...

No..ive got it on wednesday morning....bricking it to be fair!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
byf said:
Because dave...we pay a lot of money to support the team when winning and give constructive critisism when under-performing..
I don't know you and I could be doing you a disservice ... but I doubt very much whether you give him 'constuctive criticism'. I'm guessing it's more along the lines of shouting "Get off Gatting you're crap!"

You're using the old excuse of "I pay my money I'm entitled to say what I feel" which is of couse true - but don't try and claim it's 'constructive' or that it's helping the team or helping a young player to develop. By all means slag him off on here - that's what it's for. It's a fans' board for fans' opinions. Also it's always a laugh to dig out the old threads and see how wrong people are/were!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
byf said:
No as usual...people have completely disagreed with my opinion and started trying to chase for answers to how ive come about the opinion that gatting is not good enough...

I had a go through shear frustration...just like fans did with mcghee.....I could say the same to the fans about that..."It wont help the players or the manager if you boo and sing anti songs about him...but it didnt stop anyone and didnt help!

Same thing really...

No..ive got it on wednesday morning....bricking it to be fair!

OK but I think it's a bit different having a go at a manager who's been in the game for years and years to having a go at a young kid breaking into the first team for the first time.

You'll be fine mate. Just remember that everyone else will be bricking it as well.

Last edited:

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
sorry BYF but I just don't understand you. I'm sure you love the club but don't see you being much of a SUPPORTer. You have contradicted yourself in this thread saying you don't agree with abuse but can knock someones effort when they need a kick upthe arse but then say the player is trying his best and is basically shit. I see no CONSTRUCTIVE critisism (sp). IF you want to support and feel he is not good enough, maybe suggest areas he is weak in and offer advise how you think he could improve. Personally I think he has potential and needs coaching and time which is what he is getting. Now I expect you'll respond by calling me a sheep and not allowing you to have an opinion blah blah blah or say the club doesn't need fans like me as you have done in the past.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
byf said:
ive got it on wednesday morning....bricking it to be fair!
so you should be if your "performance" on here is anything to go by... you are obviously an extremely limited individual and should give up now on whatever it is you are trying to do...

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Brovian said:
I don't know you and I could be doing you a disservice ... but I doubt very much whether you give him 'constuctive criticism'. I'm guessing it's more along the lines of shouting "Get off Gatting you're crap!"

You're using the old excuse of "I pay my money I'm entitled to say what I feel" which is of couse true - but don't try and claim it's 'constructive' or that it's helping the team or helping a young player to develop. By all means slag him off on here - that's what it's for. It's a fans' board for fans' opinions. Also it's always a laugh to dig out the old threads and see how wrong people are/were!

Im really no different to any other albion fan.

But people do sometimes make it out like tghey would never dare shout a player down..but then scream week after week for the sacking of a certain manager...(now that defo didnt help the situation)

I do feel its a little hypocriticle of certain people to say dont do that its not constructive..when deep down we all do it in some form of manner!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Seagullible said:
sorry BYF but I just don't understand you. I'm sure you love the club but don't see you being much of a SUPPORTer. You have contradicted yourself in this thread saying you don't agree with abuse but can knock someones effort when they need a kick upthe arse but then say the player is trying his best and is basically shit. I see no CONSTRUCTIVE critisism (sp). IF you want to support and feel he is not good enough, maybe suggest areas he is weak in and offer advise how you think he could improve. Personally I think he has potential and needs coaching and time which is what he is getting. Now I expect you'll respond by calling me a sheep and not allowing you to have an opinion blah blah blah or say the club doesn't need fans like me as you have done in the past.

fair comment!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Moshe Gariani said:
so you should be if your "performance" on here is anything to go by... you are obviously an extremely limited individual and should give up now on whatever it is you are trying to do...

Your obviously a well rounded individuel who never judges anyone or puts his own angle on things...just a general nice guy who has a succesful career and everything is great!

Why should I give up my career choice...because you feel my arguments and opinions dont stand up...:jester:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
byf said:
Your obviously a well rounded individuel who never judges anyone or puts his own angle on things...just a general nice guy who has a succesful career and everything is great!

Why should I give up my career choice...because you feel my arguments and opinions dont stand up...:jester:

Well said.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
*whoosh!*

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
byf said:
I personally think he's one of the worst looking forwards I have seen in a few years....He looks lightweight..rarely wins anything in the air..and if he does contribute it is a shock..as soon as we decide who should partner Savage and where to slot revell back in the side..the better!

Bang on. Gatting is simply NOT good enough for this division, I think he could find a role in a conference side but above that and he is out of his depth. The lad just doesn't have it, the choice should be

Savage and Elder or Revell or Robinson or Hart and then Gatting if all of the other 4 are unfit to partner Savage.

Gatting is by far the worst of the 5 strikers we have. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

Out of interest byf, do you still think Wilkins isn't up to the job and will never make it as manager of BHA?

:edit: Having just seen US's post above, the same question applies.

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Lokki 7 said:
Out of interest byf, do you still think Wilkins isn't up to the job and will never make it as manager of BHA?

do you care what i think..or are you trying to tempt me in with bait?

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
he works hard and is finding the back of the net more reg than anyone else since xmas

he's a young kid i wasn't impressed when i 1st saw him playing for the reserves but he started to score goals and grew in confidence

how about giving him a chance to do itin the 1st team

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
Bang on. Gatting is simply NOT good enough for this division, I think he could find a role in a conference side but above that and he is out of his depth. The lad just doesn't have it, the choice should be

Savage and Elder or Revell or Robinson or Hart and then Gatting if all of the other 4 are unfit to partner Savage.

Gatting is by far the worst of the 5 strikers we have. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

Cruel to be kind, ermm... Telling your mate he needs to move on from his ex-girlfriend because she ain't coming back is cruel to be kind. Abusing a 19 year old lad, thats just shitty, no kindness there at all.

Uncle Spielberg said:

That may well be the case-doesn't mean the lad should be abused by some of our 'supporters'. Get in touch with the manager if you feel strongly enough about dishing out criticism...hurling abuse at one player has an effect on the others out there. It has to. No wonder the team struggles at times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here