Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joe Gatting

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
All i hope is that he doesnt start against crewe...he's been poor in most games ive seen him.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
But he's our top scorer and actually works for the team and look dangerous

who?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤ said:
I'm all for giving young players a chance but the early signs are not encouraging.

Gatting makes Scott Ramsay look like Ronaldinho.

Has Gatting attacking Scott Ramsey in some way that has caused him to have an overbite that means he can eat an apple through a letterbox?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
well robinson is the top scorer..but i thought this was a joe useless gatting thread!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think the likes of Rooney, Walcott, Lennon and Milner lead some people to believe that if you're not the finished article by 19 then you're shit.

It takes time for strikers to learn their trade, especially in the more physical lower divisions. Gatting can clearly score goals but he needs to learn how to get himself into more goalscoring positions in this division by better movement and use of his body.

Berbatov struggled for Spurs in the Premiership in his first few games, but now he has adjusted to the pace he looks class. Gatting needs to make that adjustment, but he hasn't got the luxury of a run of matches in the team or quality service like Berbatov.

This season is all about him learning the ropes and picking up a few goals along the way. At the start of the season you'd take 6 goals from him, so he's on course.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Pavilionaire said:
I think the likes of Rooney, Walcott, Lennon and Milner lead some people to believe that if you're not the finished article by 19 then you're shit.

It takes time for strikers to learn their trade, especially in the more physical lower divisions. Gatting can clearly score goals but he needs to learn how to get himself into more goalscoring positions in this division by better movement and use of his body.

Berbatov struggled for Spurs in the Premiership in his first few games, but now he has adjusted to the pace he looks class. Gatting needs to make that adjustment, but he hasn't got the luxury of a run of matches in the team or quality service like Berbatov.

This season is all about him learning the ropes and picking up a few goals along the way. At the start of the season you'd take 6 goals from him, so he's on course.

HA ha........Tell you what, youve done bloody well to fit gatting into the same sentence as Rooney,Walcott and lennon....Dont forget those players looked class from the age 5 upto the present day......all the way through school boy levels.

Gatting has bagged a few goals but overall has looked absolutely woeful at times and like chris mcphee and sir daniel marney will drift into the young abyss that is non-league football!

Hope he proves me wrong..i doubt it though!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He didnt.....he put a full . at the end of that sentance

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

sorry:down: :down: :down:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
byf said:
HA ha........Tell you what, youve done bloody well to fit gatting into the same sentence as Rooney,Walcott and lennon....Dont forget those players looked class from the age 5 upto the present day......all the way through school boy levels.

!

Dont forget they are playing for top flight clubs

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Pavilionaire said:
agree totally

think the problem is our fans see this lot and what a certain mr zamora was doing at 18 and think if your not doing it at that age your no good

give joe a chance !

granted at the mo i think we've got better strikers and would start with 2 out of bas,alex and jake but joe looks promising at times and think he's doing ok.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Kinky Gerbils said:
Dont forget they are playing for top flight clubs

Because they are class.....Gatting is not good enough..you can see that week in week out!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Kinky Gerbils said:
But nor are Brighton.

To compair Gatting and The above mentioned is retarded

I know I wasnt the one that did...!

Gatting will defo go the same way as mcphee...as soon as we get a decent striker in..you wont see gatting for dust a very ordinary/poor youngster!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
byf said:

Gatting will defo go the same way as mcphee...as soon as we get a decent striker in..you wont see gatting for dust a very ordinary/poor youngster!

You are the one that was compairing them, the above poster was just suggesting that noone has any time for young players anymore unless they are as good as lennon etc.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
byf said:

God you're a f***ing irritating twat. I'm sorry, generally I like to humour you to a certain extent and you don't bother me, but this time your just being an arsehole.

You almost seem to relish slagging him off and being negative in general. If someone asked me to play for the albion I would but I would be gash. The problem is with the manager who picks me, booing me is not going to help. Your attitude is shocking.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Kinky Gerbils said:
You are the one that was compairing them, the above poster was just suggesting that noone has any time for young players anymore unless they are as good as lennon etc.

This is turning into a joke!

Gatting is rubbish..performs rubbish and looks rubbish..I see nothing but a very very ordinary looking product of the youth system who at best is a 10 goals a season striker....he's CRAP!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here