Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

is poyet THICK?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
10 years!! I'd say at about 30 years!!

well you didn't embrace the remainder of the post so i'm not to sure if you are being flippant or not...!! i left sussex in 87 and was lost in asia for three years......10 sounds good to me:guitar: we ll hatevthye guitar dont we ....????

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
At the time Poyet was appointed I was working in an office in Croydon, surrounded by Palace fans. They ribbed me mercilessly despite the fact that I was happy with the appointment and was more than happy to overlook Gus' lack of experience because he was a big name in his playing days and could potentially sell the club well to new players.

Nobody believed me, thinking I was putting a brave face on it but I was genuinely looking forward. After the Micky Adams II disaster I didn't see how we could get much worse and Gus was a breath of fresh air.

Here we are eighteen months later and OH MY DAYS has that man delivered. He more than lived up to everything I hoped he would be, exceeding my expectations and those of pretty much EVERYONE else.

Sadly I have little contact with the Croydon office Palace fans as I left that job but I do wish I could see their faces one more time to point out the folly of their piss taking at the time

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Opinions on the Albion fine, the fact you once opened a gate for Peter Ward, fine.

However swipes at other posters for sharing their opinion makes your questionable attempts at contribution limited at best.

Don't be a wally.

I'm a relatively passive member of this board, and I can honestly say hand on heart, that my enjoyment of this board has increased massively since they haven't been posting. The fact that this has coincided with an upturn in the club's fortunes speaks volumes both for my enjoyment and their lack of posts.

Quite why I have to justify this to you is a mystery, but it seems as if I just have. Are you related to one of them?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I love a good bounce.
i think we can safely say that Poyet is the best thing to happen to our club (in very , very close conglomeration with Mr.Bloom) in the last 10 years
Sir Tony Bloom is the best thing to happen to our club in living memory. Lord Poyet, the second best thing to happen to Brighton in the last few decades, was an amazing signing by Tony. Hopefully Gus will be with us for years, but one day he will go. Tony on the other hand, will hopefully be with us for decades.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So what IS the story behind the disappearance of Withdean Wanderer?

Did someone REALLY spit on him??

Probably reappear when a certain someone does what they said they would do if Amex sponsored the stadium...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I don't understand this bit:

i went to the football , i got fuckin soaked .......i had monday and tuesday off........ what i was trying to say was that although the Goldstone was a brilliant ground to watch football it was by no means the SOTA stadium that you lot have got .......can't believe some of the moaning on here ....soak it up ....!!!

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
poyet must go now, resign you knob head, and for leaving our top scorer out the team you want f***ing locking up poyet, another useless, has never been, complete waste space manager we have inherited,, what a f***ing shambles.. hold your head in shame you twat !!!
Have you apologised yet?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Got scared away because he was spat on. Not condoning that but it might have something to do with likening a football match to the holocaust.

i dont think scared away is the right term - the only ones who were scared by the end of it was the 13 year old kid who decided to cover his coat in flem behind his back for the entire game after he was told in no uncertain terms to stop being such a f***ing prick

more to do with the fact that once you have graduated from university and got a job there is far less time to spend on here winding people up

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i dont think scared away is the right term - the only ones who were scared by the end of it was the 13 year old kid who decided to cover his coat in flem behind his back for the entire game after he was told in no uncertain terms to stop being such a f***ing prick

more to do with the fact that once you have graduated from university and got a job there is far less time to spend on here winding people up

and am in no means after an argument but was this oik attended by an adult...???

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
i went to the football , i got fuckin soaked .......i had monday and tuesday off........ what i was trying to say was that although the Goldstone was a brilliant ground to watch football it was by no means the SOTA stadium that you lot have got .......can't believe some of the moaning on here ....soak it up ....!!!

Thanks for clarifying.

(I still don't understand the Monday and Tuesday off bit though)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
poyet must go now, resign you knob head, and for leaving our top scorer out the team you want f***ing locking up poyet, another useless, has never been, complete waste space manager we have inherited,, what a f***ing shambles.. hold your head in shame you twat !!!

now that is PRICELESS !!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Thanks for clarifying.

(I still don't understand the Monday and Tuesday off bit though)

i used to work in the pathology lab in worthing hospital and if you had a cold you couldn't go to work due to the possibility of infecting the cultures we used to work with........i didn't have any sick days owing when i finished...:whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here