Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Immigrants.

Mr Burns said:
Not surprising, seeing as Blair took on most of the tories policies to get power!!!!

Not quite, Blair is not a Thatcherite - John Major, William Hague, Iain Duncan Smith and Michael Howard all where.

Cameron is the first Tory leader to ditch the Thatcher legacy and in doing so, he has put his party back in play, although to be merely level in the polls with the Labour Party currently is not much of a honeymoon effect :)

Oct 25, 2003
but mr burns said that it was only NEIGHBOURING countries that citizens are entitled to seek asylum from

the UK has only one neighbour, which is the ROI

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
tommy boy said:
but apart from the republic of ireland the UK has no neighbouring countries

so, what you are saying is that BY LAW we are not obliged to take any asylum seekers?(apart from ROI)

didn't know that, thanks
No thats not what I said. Did I not list countries. Countries that seperated by sea are included, which is why I said France Canada, Holland etc etc, or could you not read that much.???

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
London Irish said:
Not quite, Blair is not a Thatcherite - John Major, William Hague, Iain Duncan Smith and Michael Howard all where.

Cameron is the first Tory leader to ditch the Thatcher legacy and in doing so, he has put his party back in play, although to be merely level in the polls with the Labour Party currently is not much of a honeymoon effect :)

Going slightly off the point now BUT, unless labour opt for a different leader rather than Gordon Brown to fight the next election, i really believe they will loose out to the tories. Michael Howard closed the gap but never really had a hope of becoming PM whereas David Cameron is a real threat to labour.

Oct 25, 2003
Mr Burns said:
You aint wrong there. It does spoil Auckland having so many Japs and Asians. I've been to Asia and loved learning the culture and meeting the pople.. Last thing I wanted is to go to an Asian country and see all the shop and resurants run by English or Europeans. Same when you go to New Zealand it would be good to see the place run by New Zealanders, and not Asians. There like a plague on the planet.

do you mean new zealand should be run by maori's or by the white immigrants?

Oct 25, 2003
Mr Burns said:
No thats not what I said. Did I not list countries. Countries that seperated by sea are included, which is why I said France Canada, Holland etc etc, or could you not read that much.???

pretty large sea inbetween us and canada ???

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
tommy boy said:
but mr burns said that it was only NEIGHBOURING countries that citizens are entitled to seek asylum from

the UK has only one neighbour, which is the ROI
So do we not neighbour France and Holland? What countries inbetween us and them??? TWAT

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
sir danny cullip said:
neighbour - a person who lives (or is located) near another

FACT! Anyone would think you two were five years old :ohmy:
But we're not talking neighbours as in next door neighbours, we're talking neighbouring.

Neighbouring places are next to or near each other:
- neighbouring countries/states

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
tommy boy said:
no countries in the way

how is canada near?
Then I'd guess they would be unider International law. Probably got some rules against the Arges coming here......... unless they are usless at football........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here