Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
You name this 40 countries then we can have a debate

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
algie said:
You name this 40 countries then we can have a debate

I realise that post wasnt aimed towards me but this really isn't a debate, theres no way you will change anyones opinion on this imho. People with this view that immigration and asylum shouldnt be given an annual cap are going to be in for a nasty shock if our boarders carry on being open "free for all" for the next few years. Then it will be too late.

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
sir danny cullip said:
People with this opinion are running the country and that is why I hope to be going to New Zealand very very soon!

new zealand is a lovely place

the reason i don't ever want a cap on asylum seekers is this:-

poor guy x from poorwarstrickenland has had to flee his country or he WILL be killed

"sorry mate, already got too many, go home"

"but but i'll be killed"

"sorry, we've met our quota already"

thats a LOVELY situation isn't it

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
tommy boy said:
most of my post was in reponse to the other NAZI:D

Why because of views differ to your likening.I hope your boyfriend does know your here:safeway2:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
All this world needs is a bit more justice and a bit more sharing. Here's something to make you think:

The richest 225 people in the world together have the same amount of money as the poorest 2,800,000,000 people put together (47% of the world's population, as of 1998 figures).

Sort that kind of injustice out and you wouldn't have people needing to immigrate.

Oct 25, 2003
algie said:
Why because of views differ to your likening.I hope your boyfriend does know your here:safeway2:

get over yourself mate i was joking

and why do you HOPE my boyfriend know's i'm here, what the hell does that mean??!?!?!?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Juan Albion said:
All this world needs is a bit more justice and a bit more sharing. Here's something to make you think:

The richest 225 people in the world together have the same amount of money as the poorest 2,800,000,000 people put together (47% of the world's population, as of 1998 figures).

Sort that kind of injustice out and you wouldn't have people needing to immigrate.

Juan you are a genius!

Juan for PM....

Oct 25, 2003
Juan Albion said:

FACT:clap: :clap:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
tommy boy said:
the reason i don't ever want a cap on asylum seekers is this:-

poor guy x from poorwarstrickenland has had to flee his country or he WILL be killed

"sorry mate, already got too many, go home"

"but but i'll be killed"

"sorry, we've met our quota already"

thats a LOVELY situation isn't it

No, it's an awful situation in fact. The thing we need to realise is that we are not the only country in the world and more often than not are furthest away from countries where this type of situation develops. What we need to do is do something useful with europe or on our own if needs must and create a decent cap on asylum and skilled immigration (two different figures). We are not the only country responsible for people in situations such as the one outlined above, it is fair that we take our fair share of asylum seekers but no more.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
because your views make you sound bent

Well after all i'm a nazi in your eyes:lolol: :safeway2:

algie=nazi:lolol:

Tommy:safeway2: :lolol:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Juan Albion said:

Blame abramovic! :p

Oct 25, 2003
algie said:
because your views make you sound bent

Well after all i'm a nazi in your eyes:lolol: :safeway2:

algie=nazi:lolol:

Tommy:safeway2: :lolol:

that makes you sound very clever, well done

i don't see how not being fussed about immigration makes me sound "BENT"(who the f*** says that anymore?!):lolol: :dunce: :lolol:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
How many times has this been done before.

My opinion for whats its worth, is I'd send every asylum seeker back where they come from. If their going to be killed in there home country....WHY??? If their not guilty of anything, probably time to get together with some others and fight back!!! If their guilty, shame, shouldn't have done it.

People who want to come and live and work here, and can afford to set themseleves up, I'd welcome them if we needed them. If not, tough luck, bye bye.

Probably makes me racist in some pillocks eyes, but then again, I'd never go to say, Australia and except their people to set me up, or pay to look after me. And I dont except people to come to my country and except me to pay to look after them.

Oct 25, 2003
Mr Burns said:
How many times has this been done before.

My opinion for whats its worth, is I'd send every asylum seeker back where they come from. If their going to be killed in there home country....WHY??? If their not guilty of anything, probably time to get together with some others and fight back!!! If their guilty, shame, shouldn't have done it.

i know a family who fled iraq after hussein came into power

they were going to be killed, for no reason

persecution doesn't really have justification, genuine asylum seekers are fleeing for a reason, not for fun

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
tommy boy said:
i know a family who fled iraq after hussein came into power

they were going to be killed, for no reason

persecution doesn't really have justification, genuine asylum seekers are fleeing for a reason, not for fun
So what to you suggest. Everyone in the world whos in danger from their government, let them move to Britain and we'll pay to look after them.

Probably about 5 million from Zimbabwe, say, another 20-30 million from other African countries, oi let not forget about say 10 per cent of China..........

If people get killed without reason, they should all get together and fight back. If theres only a few of them, then maybe, just maybe there is a f***ing reason..........

ben andrews' girlfriend said:
which article? i'm currently revising the asylum seeker debate for my exam tomorrow, and could do with something up to date!

This is more about economic migrants than aslylum seekers, but it tells the truth about why we have immigrants in the country, they work bloody hard in jobs where there are labour and skills shortages. The following is a real story written just a few days ago about a real business and is very typical of the British economy's need for such labour.

The driving workforce behind a successful food distribution group
By Jonathan Moules
Published: January 21 2006 02:00

When Mustafa Kiamil has a problem, he does something about it.

In 1989, Jenny's Burgers, his family's fast food restaurant chain, had trouble getting regular supplies of tinned and fresh produce, so he set up his own catering delivery business.

Sixteen years later, JJ Fast Food Distribution is operating from a six-acre purpose-built site in an Enfield industrial park, delivering tinned and frozen food across a 100-mile radius.

Among its claims to fame, JJ is the largest distributor of chips in London.

The business model has some similarities to that of the Ryanair, the budget airline. JJ's fleet of 200 delivery lorries consist of just two brands, making maintenance simple. The lorries are serviced and refuelled on site, minimising the time they spend off the road. JJ's on-site 68,000 litre fuel store also means the company is less exposed to the fluctuations in petrol prices.

Efficiencies in vehicle operations alone adds another 6 per cent to the bottom line, according to Mr Kiamil, who was named this year's Credit Suisse Entrepreneur of the Year. "We have just taken a very old industry and done it differently."

Recently his problem became finding truck drivers. Changes in the rules for heavy goods vehicle (HGV) licences limited the number of hours drivers were allowed to be on the road.

The subsequent reduction in earning capacity has dissuaded many British workers from becoming truck drivers, encouraged existing drivers to change careers and made competition between companies that need drivers more intense, according to Mr Kiamil.

"It became unfashionable to be a driver. Those that would work were spoilt for choice, wanted double the money and would change companies at the drop of a hat."

As a result, Mr Kiamil started looking outside the UK for staff. The expansion of the European Union last May opened up the opportunity of employing Polish workers, many of whom had an equivalent of an HGV licence, earnt during national service in the army.

His Polish workers had an excellent work ethic. Some even worked for him while building their own businesses. But there were problems with JJ bringing people over.

Firstly, there was the language barrier. A key way that JJ tries to differentiate from its competition is through politeness with customers and friendly service, so the Polish drivers needed good conversational English as well as being able to communicate with the operational team back at headquarters.

Secondly, Mr Kiamil was concerned about experience on the road.

"We knew that their driving licences were correct but they often get them purely by joining the army and it didn't mean that they had driven a truck.

"A lot of our competitors saw they had their driving licences and just put them in a truck. As far as we were concerned, if they had driven before it was on the other side of the road and they might have just been behind a wheel of a tractor.

"We said if we are going to do this, let's do it properly." As a result, Mr Kiamil ensured that every Polish driver received a half-day's English teaching every Saturday and four weeks of lorry driving training.

Divisions between British and Polish drivers was also a concern, so the most experienced of JJ's existing hauliers were assigned an eastern European recruit to ride in their cab until they knew the ropes. He also insisted that the Polish drivers earned the same wage as the rest of the staff.

"We didn't want to make them feel exploited. They earned the same as other drivers throughout the training. But it was made clear that, if they didn't make the grade, then we would put them on as a driver's mate permanently and they would earn an appropriate salary.

"As time went on, they found out that other companies didn't do that and so that earned us a lot of loyalty from our drivers."

JJ started with a handful of Polish drivers and is now up to 70, more than a third of the team.

The intensive language courses have now stopped. "We found that we can be a little more selective about who we employ, so we now only take Polish workers who already speak English."

Staff retention has been an issue. About a third of the Polish drivers go back after a year of working for JJ to the family they have left behind, often having earnt enough money to build a better home back in Poland.

This is not necessarily a problem, Mr Kiamil says, since often those that leave will send a brother or a cousin to replace them. This is encouraged by Mr Kiamil.

"I know it sounds old-fashioned but work is about people dealing with people," he says.

"If somebody brings in a member of their family with a recommendation, they tend to make good employees who stay with the company."

Not all JJ's Polish staff return home. The company has had its first marriage between a Polish driver and one of the British staff.

As Mr Kiamil notes: "This is a family business."

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
Mr Burns said:
So what to you suggest. Everyone in the world whos in danger from their government, let them move to Britain and we'll pay to look after them.

Probably about 5 million from Zimbabwe, say, another 20-30 million from other African countries, oi let not forget about say 10 per cent of China..........

If people get killed without reason, they should all get together and fight back. If theres only a few of them, then maybe, just maybe there is a f***ing reason..........

when on earth did i say that they could ALL come here?!

you said that they should all be sent back

we should take our fair share, but not ALL:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here