Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Immigrants.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
tommy boy said:
when on earth did i say that they could ALL come here?!

you said that they should all be sent back

we should take our fair share, but not ALL:lolol:

You said there should be no cap on asylum seekers in a previous thread. Given a choice most would choose to come here seeing as we love to give out benefits to people while their application goes through!

sir danny cullip said:
I remember an interview with David Cameron where im sure he said he was in favour of an annual cap on asylum seekers, i totally agree with him providing its a reasonable number.

This is actually current official government policy. Remember, Cameron's entire political strategy is just to agree with everything Blair does, only to have whiter teeth in doing so.

Oct 25, 2003
not having a cap on asylum seekers and wanting them ALL to come here are different

any yes, i'm unaware of how much an asylum seeker gets in benefits(i doubt it's much) and thats something that the labour government needs to address(amongst others)

there are much more important issues than immigration i don't see why people get so worked up over it(myself included

:))

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
tommy boy said:
when on earth did i say that they could ALL come here?!

you said that they should all be sent back

we should take our fair share, but not ALL:lolol:
We shouldn't take none of them. Not saying you, but people need to look at international law when it comes to Asylum, and what we're meant to take.

Going by law we shouldn't get hardly any, unless they are from neighbouring countries. ie France, holland, iceland, canada, and couple of others.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
London Irish said:
This is actually current official government policy. Remember, Cameron's entire political strategy is just to agree with everything Blair does, only to have whiter teeth in doing so.
Not surprising, seeing as Blair took on most of the tories policies to get power!!!!

Oct 25, 2003
Mr Burns said:
We shouldn't take none of them. Not saying you, but people need to look at international law when it comes to Asylum, and what we're meant to take.

Going by law we shouldn't get hardly any, unless they are from neighbouring countries. ie France, holland, iceland, canada, and couple of others.

why should we only take some from there? what differance does it make where they're from???

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
tommy boy said:
why should we only take some from there? what differance does it make where they're from???
Because unless they are from neighbouring countries, they are not entitled to come here under international law.

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Mr Burns said:
Because unless they are from neighbouring countries, they are not entitled to come here under international law.

Any person who is citizen of a european country could walk into england as european law will always overule british law, as maggy thatcher discovered to her despair!

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
sir danny cullip said:
Any person who is citizen of a european country could walk into england as european law will always overule british law, as maggy thatcher discovered to her despair!

yes correct, another part of EU law that i HATE

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
sir danny cullip said:
Obviously (unfortuantely), but I thought we were talking about Asylum seekers.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
tommy boy said:
new zealand is a lovely place

New Zealand had more Samoans that Samoa.

About 1/4 of Aucklanders are from Asia (Hong Kong, China, Korea etc)

If you think the UK is bad for Immigrants come to these fair shores, I though I had landed in Tokyo when I first got here

Oct 25, 2003
Mr Burns said:

but apart from the republic of ireland the UK has no neighbouring countries

so, what you are saying is that BY LAW we are not obliged to take any asylum seekers?(apart from ROI)

didn't know that, thanks

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
watsongooal said:

If you think the UK is bad for Immigrants come to these fair shores, I though I had landed in Tokyo when I first got here

When i got to auckland i wondered the same thing! That really has sprung up over the last 15 years. The problem isn't anywhere near as bad as that throughout the rest of NZ.

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
sir danny cullip said:
Having said that we have very few asylum seekers from other EU countries (i would imagine, i have no figures to back that up).

there wouldn't be any as there would be no reason to flee really

Oct 25, 2003
watsongooal said:

for some reason i noticed loads of turkish people?

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
tommy boy said:

so, what you are saying is that BY LAW we are not obliged to take any asylum seekers?(apart from ROI)

didn't know that, thanks

Thats totally untrue, any european citizens can come here.

EDIT: Not sure what tone your reply was said in :D

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
watsongooal said:

You aint wrong there. It does spoil Auckland having so many Japs and Asians. I've been to Asia and loved learning the culture and meeting the pople.. Last thing I wanted is to go to an Asian country and see all the shop and resurants run by English or Europeans. Same when you go to New Zealand it would be good to see the place run by New Zealanders, and not Asians. There like a plague on the planet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here