Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Immigrants.

BarrelofFun said:
I feel sorry for these people who think they have no alternative but to flee their country and often lose friends and family on the arduos trip. I am not saying give these guys a home, but surely something can be done.

Stopping multinationals pillaging raw materials from Africa for a start!

I was on the train up to West Hampstead about 6 months ago and a Ghanian chap who couldnt speak much English handed me a bit of paper with an address "Asylum Seekers office in East Croydon" something like that. He didnt have a clue how to get there and didn't have any support to help him. How many people are lost in the system???
He found his way all the way from ghana to england but couldn't find croydon from hampstead???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Gwylan said:
The UK is not even in the top 40 countries when it comes to accepting refugees. When you consider that we're the fourth or fifth richest country in the world, our record is pretty shameful.

Well said. We are an incredibly rich nation in comparison. More must be done to raise the standards of the "developing countries" (doesnt that sound so much more positive than the "Third World" :dunce: )

Debt relief would be a good start!

s.stubbs said:
He found his way all the way from ghana to england but couldn't find croydon from hampstead???

I know! London can be a little confusing though. :)

Last edited:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Gwylan said:
What nonsense. The UK is not even in the top 40 countries when it comes to accepting refugees. When you consider that we're the fourth or fifth richest country in the world, our record is pretty shameful.

So what?

We are probably one of the smallest countries aswell! don't worry about that though, let them all in cause we are rich!

your argument is not a valid one!

Oct 25, 2003
bhanutz said:
So what?

We are probably one of the smallest countries aswell! don't worry about that though, let them all in cause we are rich!

your argument is not a valid one!

UK?

one of the smallest countries in the WORLD?!?!?!?!?

right???

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We already have enough dole scroungers who are to lazy to get work when employment is at record highs, just walk around any town centre during the daytime and you will see loads of them, they are usually the ones who look like they came from the shallow end of the gene pool. However if someone wants to come to Britain and do a fair days work, for a fair days pay then as long as there are jobs for them to do I say let them in.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
tommy boy said:
UK?

one of the smallest countries in the WORLD?!?!?!?!?

right???

Did I say World?
Bet if you look at the top 40 they are probably bigger countires than England!

Understand now?

Oct 25, 2003
there probably are bigger countries yes

probably smaller countries aswell

missing your point really, we're not particularly densely populated in comparison to other countries

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Australia have there heads screwed on

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
tommy boy said:

missing your point really, we're not particularly densely populated in comparison to other countries

Yea right.This government doesn't even know how many illegals there are here.Labour have screwed up on this big time.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
tommy boy said:

You dont think we are very densley populated? that's an opinion, I think we are. My point is that it was said that it is a disgrace that we are not in the top 40 for taking in immigrants.

you have to look at the relative size of those other countries compared to us. You cant say that just cause we are rich we should accept them all.

Oct 25, 2003
yeah right what?

that there are bigger countries?

that there are smaller countries?

we're not particularly densely populated?

uk- 242 people /sq. km2

hardly pact to the rafters are we?

i made no referance to labour at all, i don't vote for them, probably never will, but i'm also not concerned by immigration AT ALL

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
tommy boy said:
yeah right what?

that there are bigger countries?

that there are smaller countries?

we're not particularly densely populated?

uk- 242 people /sq. km2

hardly pact to the rafters are we?

i made no referance to labour at all, i don't vote for them, probably never will, but i'm also not concerned by immigration AT ALL

We are going to have to agree to disagree here!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
We have more people living here then the whole of Australia.We have a bigger population then most countries in europe.This country is overcrowed.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
We have done this subject to death before, all I can say is that I am in favour of immigration but accept that there must be some control on the numbers we allow in and possibly the duration of their stay, however as a product of a marriage between a native and an immigrant it would be somewhat hypocritical of me to take any other viewpoint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here