Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Im not homophobic,BUT..........

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Storer68 said:
Which people would you stop snogging

Men or women????

I realise that the question is not aimed at me, but I'm going to answer it anyway!

When I see two gay men kissing/snogging in the street it turns my stomach (I've also been in the queue for the Beach Club many moons ago, looked up at the flats on the seafront and seen one man sucking off another man in their front window, but that's another story!!)

Does this make me homophobic?

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Dancin Ninja BHA said:

How do you feel when you see two women kissing or having sex together?

If you quite like it then maybe you are semi-homophobic in the same way that the Albion are a semi-long ball team! :)

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
I realise that the question is not aimed at me, but I'm going to answer it anyway!

When I see two gay men kissing/snogging in the street it turns my stomach (I've also been in the queue for the Beach Club many moons ago, looked up at the flats on the seafront and seen one man sucking off another man in their front window, but that's another story!!)

I used to find Frank and Pat Butcher snogging on Eastenders repellent.

Thats cos I find neither of them sexually attractive. The idea of a bit of tonsil hockey with another guy sounds horrible too, as does snogging Pauline Fowler.

Finding it sexually unappealing has got sod all to do with how you react to people with different lifestyles to you. no?

D

Deleted User X18H

Re: Re: Re: Im not homophobic,BUT..........

lost in london said:
hove born&bred said:
I can afford to live in BN1 to and I am 100% with you

In response to Junior's post saying 'piss off puff's [sic x2] your [sic] not welcome'. Maybe not a vitriol but you're clearly not much of a fan of the gay community hove born&bred.
No I am Brighton and Hove Albion fan I am not homophobic I just am not a fan of pride it irritates me as does people from out of town
who argue how wonderful pride is come down enjoy the day then sod off back to London or Worthing or Crawley no specific offence to you
BTW.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
tricky said:
Very depressing reading indeed. I thought us brighton fans were a great bunch, but after reading this I think we can safely assume we have the same amounts of chav, no-nothing wannabee twats.
if it wasn't for the decent gay/ arty/ liberal scene in Brighton then we'd be another run down, antiquated seaside resort.
I think we should celebrate everything that makes brighton great.
I'm more than happy to laugh at opposition fans having a go at brightons gay reputation - I feel we should actively encourage the gay population of th city to join the club.
Anyway - hope everyone's feeling great and ready for tomorrows game.

I agree its depressing reading, why are so many of you in favour of faggots!?!? :angry:

chez said:
I agree its depressing reading, why are so many of you in favour of faggots!?!? :angry:

What has this thread got in common with the play-off County Ground victory over Swindon?

ONE-NIL TO THE NANCY BOYS :clap2: :clap2: :salute: :salute: :salute:

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am not anti gay at all but do not see the need to be gay 'AT' people. Its like some people have got so used to having to defend and be proud of the fact they are gay they have failed to notice that nobody gives a shit anymore. If someone is gay thats fine..good luck to them but dont think everyone else is interested or bothered because times have moved on..especially in an area like Brighton.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
chez said:

Homosexuality is perfectly natural.

It's cos they know how to pull at nightclubs, have sex, and not even bother to talk to each other, let alone find out their names or star signs. That's one up to the gay chaps. Life would be so much simpler that way.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
Homosexuality is perfectly natural.

Can't agree with that, if it was natural why isn't it common place in the animal world, which is far more natural than the contrived world we humans have, for better or worse built.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I dont actually go on about the mod scene at all. When was the last time I posted on here about a northern soul night or what trousers are in this year? Never. I talk music sometimes but so do a lot of people.

The point I was making was that nowadays people are not bothered if someone is gay. They just take them as they are. Understandably some idiots and history has made gay men and women a bit defensive about it which manifests itself in Pride etc..i.e 'we are all gay and proud whatever you say.' I just dont think there is as much need for it anymore because the majority of people accept gays now.

Icy Gull said:
Can't agree with that, if it was natural why isn't it common place in the animal world, which is far more natural than the contrived world we humans have, for better or worse built.

That just isn't true. Can't you even do a few seconds' research before coming out with tendentious statements like this? EDUCATE YOURSELF!

http://www.bidstrup.com/sodomy.htm

This is the conclusion to the essay if you don't want to read the full thing:

"There's clearly a wide range of homosexual behaviors in the animal kingdom. It's widespread, common and impossible to deny or explain away any longer. Homosexuality is natural as green grass in summer, and it's high time we accepted that fact.
The birds do it. It's been described in 130 species of birds. The southeastern blueberry bees do it. Same sex pairs of animals kiss and caress each other with obvious affection and tenderness. Male pairs and female pairs form long-lasting pair-bonds and reject, threaten, even fight off potential opposite sex partners when they are presented with them. Same sex partners engage in almost every conceivable means of sexual expression throughout the animal kingdom.

It's high time we quit criminalizing something that is so normal, so natural, so harmless and so common among animals and recognize that what we call "sodomy" is really quite natural after all.

We're animals. And being animals, we should quit trying to pretend that we're not. What we call a "crime against nature" isn't unnatural, and it shouldn't be a crime."

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
The Wookiee said:
Does anybody know what the crime figures were for saturdays pride festival?

No mention of any arrests in the press.

Are the gay community impeccably behaved?

Or

Did the police turn a blind eye to the drunkeness, drug taking lewd behaviour and indecent exposure, that we would of all been arrrested for had this event not been mostly for the gay people of the country!
Would you turn a blind eye with 12" heading for your arse hole.:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here