Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm interested to know your thoughts on this issue I have

What the f*** are you on? there has been LOADS of rational response to the original question which only you have turned into a personal tirade with outlandish claims and accusations..mainly after your role as the Withdean Cartman was thrown into the ring.

You should have just buttoned when you were ahead, now it just looks tragic.

Let me remind YOU, I gave an opinion as asked for.
Buzzer leapt to criticize my opinion, one which I retain, that is that you accept the rules of an establishment as required, and as requested by the staff that they hire!
It's simple enough - but what I get in response is; that is an unreasonable answer, that the club should know what I think, and that stewards are power maniacs etc.

And you think I shouldn't respond to that?

Why don't YOU 'button it'? ?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Buzzer leapt to criticize my opinion, one which I retain, that is that you accept the rules of an establishment as required, and as requested by the staff that they hire!
It's simple enough - but what I get in response is; that is an unreasonable answer, that the club should know what I think, and that stewards are power maniacs etc.

I think you are the one with his dick hanging out......

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
He's got you there, Lokki. I did indeed criticise this very reasonable opening response:

The hat issue for the 7-year-old was probably more to make sure you did what you were told, than for any other more-concrete reason.

For match days, I expect they are alert to people who don't want to recognize the authority of the establishment that is hosting them.

It's all part of their keeping order, and how they want it kept - so it's up to them.

Silly me. I'll consider myself chastised.

(this thread's still got loads of potential....he's already done the racism card, the gay card, the "you're child's a retard" card. Who knows what's next)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

I'm not the one posting offensive smilies, accusing people of racism and living off prostitutes, I'm not the one who, when my motives are called into question on a subject goes completely OTT, who feels the need to insult, point fingers and generally go off on one.

Like I say. It's just sad now.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
At the end of the day,

in the old days you knew where you stood with the old bill. They may have been a bit freer with dishing out clumps but you did not get all this rubbish.

"My thoughts are; "suck my dick, you raving ponce".

There, I should have just said that in the first place."

And who says Shakespeare has no relevance in todays world ?

It's true. I really should just have said that.

However I gave a straightforward opinion, and - unlike facing a bouncer on a door, all the keyboard-crew take the opportunity to jump all over that opinion like a brave group of howling monkeys.

Well, it's the morning crowd of you lot, and I notice that with the afternoon there come other people who do not quite agree with your view of things - so you have your frenzied cacophony and enjoy your moment. :yawn:

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I love reading the first post and then the last page. Great to where it ends up.

Can anyone fill me in on the intervening 14 pages? Complete bullshit?

I'm not the one posting offensive smilies, accusing people of racism and living off prostitutes, I'm not the one who, when my motives are called into question on a subject goes completely OTT, who feels the need to insult, point fingers and generally go off on one.

Like I say. It's just sad now.

Er..."offensive smileys"??

For once, you have me on that one. Which smiley is the 'offending' one exactly?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
You being a Steward does not prevent you from saying, "sometimes the rules should be enforced sensitively" does it? why does it have to be so bloody linear..Thems the rules now f*** off..that sort of shit.

I can think of quite a few people who have posted on here about stupid,overzealous, pernickity and jobsworth security/stewarding and I can say from many hours experience at football matches that there are good and bad...and you know what the difference is? common sense and a bit of nous.

If you want a steward to be worried about, how about one I know living in Eastbourne who managed to get himself rated on a Sky TV prog a few years ago in the country's "Top Ten" list of ASBO's? He regularly used to steward at clubs like Charlton or so he used to boast,to those unfortunates of us, who for a while had to put up with his turning up to our cricket games.:angry:

But there again, he was only No.10 in the ratings....and the "Argus" is now on his case (hopefully).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Which Smiley? Well. This one

That's another subject. I find it hard to be a fan of any pub called 'Sportsman' that doesn't show live football, or have Sky or Setanta or something.

The doormen don't bother me, I know they are only put there to frighten Buzzers' child. :mendoza:

The one that you've already given a "non-reply" to here:

I would have to be 'unhinged' to insinuate that smiley is your unfortunate sprog? I don't think the kid was the issue, your bouncer chappie just picked on him because he was with you.

That bouncer must have learned who the idiots are when he got his license.

Have you really no recollection of this? You only posted it on this very thread a day or so ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here