Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
It is official, he is coming. Guys, I don't know how to say this but

WE ARE GOING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
See, you don't have an answer to my question. Instead of posting your reason for giving Gav the attention he wants you have a go at me for using the word flid.

My comment might not have been the smartest but at least I don't have some pathetic vendetta against someone I have never met. :wave:

But i have Vendetta's with TWO people on here i never met, Am i pathetic :down:

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Maybe we could get cox on a season long loan? At least he would get first team football and all that, but i don't know if it would happen

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If a West Brom striker is coming it would more likely be chris woods

78981925.jpg

???

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
This ain't going to happen, we haven't got the budget for decent players. Gus has said plenty of times we cannot compete on wages for Championship players. That's even if they want to come here in the first place!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cox has never really set the world alight at Championship level, therefore is unlikely to be a regular for WBA in the Premier League. That said, he always came across as a moany, cocky sod when he played for Swindon, so I just can't see him agreeing to drop down two divisions to a club which still, let us not forget, has some of the shittest facilities in the entire league, albeit for only one more season. I think he's just too arrogant for that, and in any case, while he didn't exactly score a hatful last season, I still reckon some of the lower/mid Championship clubs would reckon he's worth a punt, long before he gets to thinking about League One.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Cox has never really set the world alight at Championship level, therefore is unlikely to be a regular for WBA in the Premier League. That said, he always came across as a moany, cocky sod when he played for Swindon, so I just can't see him agreeing to drop down two divisions to a club which still, let us not forget, has some of the shittest facilities in the entire league, albeit for only one more season. I think he's just too arrogant for that, and in any case, while he didn't exactly score a hatful last season, I still reckon some of the lower/mid Championship clubs would reckon he's worth a punt, long before he gets to thinking about League One.

Edna speaks sense again.

Depressingly :down:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
He scored 9 times in 17 starts last season, by no means setting the world alight but thats not bad going at all. The championship is never really a division in which you get players scoring 30 goals a season, whereas Lambert, Cox, Sharp, Hooper etc have done in this season. If you said he started most games in a season, then he'd probably have got about 20 goals, which would leave him as one of the top scorers in the division.
I cant see him dropping 2 divisions, and if he were to leave it appears there are plenty of Championship clubs willing to throw stupid money at players, Ipswich bidding £4m for Chopra is an example.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
- Do we need a 25 goal striker? Yes
- Is Simon Cox a 25 goal striker (in L1)? Yes
- Will we get a (L1) 25 goal striker for less than £1.25m? Probably not
- Will Gus/Bloom have £1.25 to spend on a (L1) 25 goal striker? I think so. If needs must.
- Will Simon Cox want to come here? I'm not sure.

At the Fans Forum last year I asked the question about the possibility of getting Billy Sharp, and Tony Bloom said there was no way we could afford him as he was a £1 million striker. I can't see much has changed in the way of finances from 12 months ago, unless they are going to spend some of the 1901 club money. I really hope it happens, but I just can't see it.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
At the Fans Forum last year I asked the question about the possibility of getting Billy Sharp, and Tony Bloom said there was no way we could afford him as he was a £1 million striker. I can't see much has changed in the way of finances from 12 months ago, unless they are going to spend some of the 1901 club money. I really hope it happens, but I just can't see it.
We sold players and have the spending budget so that i reckon makes at least a million to possibily spend.:thumbsup:

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Todays News of the world (scottish edition) runs a story on WBA trying to sign Alan McGregor from Rangers before they signed Boaz Myhill.

Apparently the offer was cash plus a choice of four first team players but Rangers turned it down as they want £6 million cash.

The players offered were striker Luke Moore, defenders Gianni Zuiverloon and Abdoulaye Meite and a loan deal for New Zealands world cup striker Chris Woods.

I would have thought that if Di Matteo wanted to sell Simon Cox then he would have been offered especially as Rangers are desperate for a striker to replace Kris Boyd.

Unless of course Di Matteo asked all the players if they were interested in a move to Rangers before making his offer and Cox said no.

But it seems a bit of a long shot to me that Cox would be interested in a move to Brighton.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
Cox was never really given too much of a chance last year, yes he got 17 starts but many of those were on the wing and in midfield, he still scored 9 goals and you ask any wba fan their opinion of him and it will be more than glowing. The bloke is still youngish and is a very very good player, he craves first team football and if he was to go out on loan it would not be at our level. We do have first option on him if he does become available to loan but he isnt going to want to drop down the football ladder this far.

I spoke to cox a few times last year as he regularly comes back to swindon and watches us. He is a top bloke and a determined character and given the chance he will always score for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here