Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will MM outers react if he keeps his job?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
dougdeep said:
Fair weather fan, I expect you'll be back for the play-offs.

What a ridiculous post. Whilst you may be in the position of being able to throw endless money at the club, why shouldn't the rest of us be a little more selective about where we spend our money, especially when we're getting so little in return? It doesn't make anyone a "fairweather fan" ... although those who latch onto the "superfan" ideology on here seem unable to grasp that.

If there's some sarcasm or irony I've missed there, I do apologise. Throw in a :joker: or five next time.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I am neither pro or anti McGhee. He is trying to do a job under ridiculous conditions, but at the same time he has made mistakes.

I would however no more decide to watch the Albion with him in charge than I would if Paul Reid was playing at right back.

It seems perfectly logical for people to now pick and choose matches, as it is clear that Withdean will not sell out next season.

The argument for a season ticket is now purely that it saves you money if you want to watch all home games.

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
El Presidente said:

It seems perfectly logical for people to now pick and choose matches, as it is clear that Withdean will not sell out next season.

The argument for a season ticket is now purely that it saves you money if you want to watch all home games.

Not so much if they have all the offers on again, like they did last year, and no free cup game

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
dougdeep said:
Fair weather fan, I expect you'll be back for the play-offs.
What a load of old balls... Filthy, like myself had been a home and awayer for many many years (Gillingham included) but no doubt has become disillusioned with the shit being served up by Magoo at the moment like I did a fair while back... Not everyone has bucket loads of cash to spare and where the football was once exciting and took priority under other managers it has now become dull and not a priority under Magoo (I'd rather pay a bill) so you can hardly blame those less rich for not wanting to part with £23+ to watch a League One team managed by Magoo... There are already a fair few people thinking this way and if Magoo stays I can see more and more people thinking the same way... Sad but true... A new manager with fresh ideas and fresh tactics would certainly help bring the fans back.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Don't think so Trigger.The football bug will get to them.If we get off to a good start then i can't see them staying away.Even with another manager in charge our gates will be lower next season anyway.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
B.M.F said:
I will support whomever in charge / playing as I support the club

:clap:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
algie said:
Don't think so Trigger.The football bug will get to them.If we get off to a good start then i can't see them staying away.Even with another manager in charge our gates will be lower next season anyway.
The thing is... Magoo doesn't have the full backing of the crowd, Magoo doesn't have the full backing of the board, we are possibly going to be losing up to 9 first team players although I'm sure some will get 1 year contracts (Magoo is the sort of manager to release Hart and keep Dodd), the football under him is dull as I remember it, in fact it's the dullest I've ever seen... Can you see us getting a good start under him?... I can't... However I do see your point and I hope we do get a good start... I tell you one thing though, I really do miss the days when football was a priority for me, scrimping and saving all week to go and blow £50/£100 on a day out watching the Albion away was always a big buzz, I wish i still felt that way.

:(

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
ill still be there

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Archer got everything he wanted and a bit more, asset stripped the club and then got a reasonable payoff for his £56.00 investment. I doubt he presumed anything, he just got on with it.

I still fail to see how the "how long have you been a fan" argument carries any weight. You either have a reasonable argument or you don't. Length of support counts for f*** all imo.

Neither do I understand or take seriously the opinion of anyone who thinks Leon Knight was anything but a disruptive little shit at this club, so I'm probably a bit of a hypocrite as well.

You missed the point but ho hum.

So because you do not like what I might feel about what has happened with players this season you do not take it seriously, how very very typical.

Still I guess it will keep me up all night worrying, oh my life will be so empty.

Regarding Archer I would pressume his ultimate aim was to get all the money left over from the ground sale, but in the end he took more than he should have.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Ah yes, the constant universal jibe that I haven't supported the club as long as you, what fun you are going to have when Falmer comes and loads of new fans arrive and you can belittle them all in that depressive monotone way of yours :wave:

As for fans not going if McGhee stays, how many of those gay threats have we seen on NSC over the past few months? Just conveniently screened all that out, did you?

New fans or customers are good, they will keep the club going, which is what we all want.

Just do not see how you feel you can put yourself as some spokesperson of the club, I certainly do not feel I am, or would ever want to, but then I guess football is something different to me than it is to you and you will probably get bored of it when the next fashionable sport comes along. Actually I am amazed you are not a cricket fan after last summer.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
If McGhee stays on, most waverers will NOT renew their season tickets. Those that stay interested will pick and choose their games.

What the club saves on not paying the Clown's contract off, it will lose on up front season ticket cashflow.

I'd like to see what the current season ticket sales are.....but at least I can sleep tight knowing that Doug Deep is one of them.

I've always been pro-DK, but recently anti-McGhee, but right now I'm starting to question the 'pro' bit of that equation :nono:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Smart Mart said:
If McGhee stays on, most waverers will NOT renew their season tickets. Those that stay interested will pick and choose their games.

What the club saves on not paying the Clown's contract off, it will lose on up front season ticket cashflow.

I'd like to see what the current season ticket sales are.....but at least I can sleep tight knowing that Doug Deep is one of them.

I've always been pro-DK, but recently anti-McGhee, but right now I'm starting to question the 'pro' bit of that equation :nono:

The insider has already said that ST sales are in line with last year so kind of fucks up your argument doesn't it:p

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Repugnant Toad said:
What a ridiculous post. Whilst you may be in the position of being able to throw endless money at the club, why shouldn't the rest of us be a little more selective about where we spend our money, especially when we're getting so little in return? It doesn't make anyone a "fairweather fan" ... although those who latch onto the "superfan" ideology on here seem unable to grasp that.

If there's some sarcasm or irony I've missed there, I do apologise. Throw in a :joker: or five next time.

Agreed Doug These fair weather fans are annoying.The only thing they are hurting is the club.If they have that much disapproval for the current manager then turning up to games and letting there feelings known does more damage then sitting at home or watching Chelsea play.The fact is Mcghee isn't unpopular with all fans.Regardless of Dick Knight if the fans really wanted McGhee out they would cause suck a stiink or have demos outside Withdean which would force the directors to think again.It hasn't reach that stage yet so give McGhee the benefit of the doubt for at least ten of next season.If theses so called fans just stay away then you would just have to doubt there comitment.Prawn sandwhiches springs to mind

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
algie said:
Agreed Doug These fair weather fans are annoying.The only thing they are hurting is the club.If they have that much disapproval for the current manager then turning up to games and letting there feelings known does more damage then sitting at home or watching Chelsea play.The fact is Mcghee isn't unpopular with all fans.Regardless of Dick Knight if the fans really wanted McGhee out they would cause suck a stiink or have demos outside Withdean which would force the directors to think again.It hasn't reach that stage yet so give McGhee the benefit of the doubt for at least ten of next season.If theses so called fans just stay away then you would just have to doubt there comitment.Prawn sandwhiches springs to mind

These so called fans are the ones that produce the revenue that help the club during the season. Nearly all the season ticket revenue is already spent by the opening game of the season. Having been a season ticket holder for 30 years i'm not renewing mainly due to moving to Wisbech, but also to the crap football we have had to watch under MM.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
So sitting at home works does it?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
algie said:
So sitting at home works does it?

No it doesn't but people have the right to choose. You have your dye hard supporter who goes what ever but also you have fans that choose to come when the teams doing well, there's a big game, the suns out etc etc. Clubs need to look at attracting these type of fans. Season ticket sales are pretty much constant each year but the club can not survive on these alone. I do not believe its really the fact we've gone down but the lacklustre way we've done it. As mentioned I'm moving some 170 miles away, I would happily continue to be a season ticket holder if I thourght we would be playing entertaining football next year but I don't. Its been like watching Mike Bailey's team of 1983/84 without the results and that resulted in people leaving in droves. Those that know me know that I'm an ardent fan but I've had enough and if that makes me and others like me a lesser fan so be it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here