Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will MM outers react if he keeps his job?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tom Hark said:
Indeed. Turned our 25 goals a season man into a 5 goals a season man by playing him in midfield or on the wing or leaving him on the bench in favour of a 4-5-1 with C-K-bloody-R upfront. Instead of just telling Leon to get in the damn box and stay there while the rest of the team aim the ball at him. I mean Doh! :dunce:

Have you got a spare copy of " The simpleton's guide to Championship football" that I could borrow? Shame you didn't think to send one to MM :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Large One said:

Do you know for a fact McGhee isn't happy working with BB and DW? Assuming he stays, the management set-up wouldn't be - isn't - purely about McGhee. It's about everyone, including the players, and the players may well be perfectly happy with Bob Booker around, whatever talents he may possess or lack.

This may not be the case, of course, but I am not a position to say one way or the other. Are you?

No I am not but at least he should be given the chance to make the decision himself if he stays.

When he was appointed it was a condition of the appointment that whoever took the job had to keep BB and DW because DK had given them extended contracts. This may be regarded by you and others as showing loyalty to existing staff but I believe that it was misplaced.

How can MM be expected to shoulder all of the blame? There must be some that should be passed down to his subordinates.

If he choses, for whatever reason, to keep BB and DW you are then putting the results early next season down to him directly and could if the situation arose say on Dec 1st we are not in the position in the division that we expected so you are sacked for gross inefficiency then would you have to pay up his contract? I would think not!! We are thus getting the best of all worlds keeping McGhee and the investor happy, being top of the division on Dec 1st and keeping the supporters happy and if not changing the management completly with sufficient time remaining to make a realistic 2nd challenge for promotion..

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BensGrandad said:
No I am not but at least he should be given the chance to make the decision himself if he stays.

When he was appointed it was a condition of the appointment that whoever took the job had to keep BB and DW because DK had given them extended contracts. This may be regarded by you and others as showing loyalty to existing staff but I believe that it was misplaced.

How can MM be expected to shoulder all of the blame? There must be some that should be passed down to his subordinates.

If he choses, for whatever reason, to keep BB and DW you are then putting the results early next season down to him directly and could if the situation arose say on Dec 1st we are not in the position in the division that we expected so you are sacked for gross inefficiency then would you have to pay up his contract? I would think not!! We are thus getting the best of all worlds keeping McGhee and the investor happy, being top of the division on Dec 1st and keeping the supporters happy and if not changing the management completly with sufficient time remaining to make a realistic 2nd challenge for promotion..

I agree.

TLO do you know for a FACT that mm prefers working with bb and dw than Knoxs?

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I will be mildly peeved.

The bloke in Sainsbury's I spoke to today, who goes to all the games and I think he is something to do with the coaching side recons DK has put his foot down and McGhee stays.

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here