Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will MM outers react if he keeps his job?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
He has displaced Lee Trundle, but oh no, he's NO good, why would we want an AWFUL player like him?

Because we needed him to score goals regularly in the Championship, his inabilty to do that and to lead by example to younger players is one of the reasons that we are back in the division that is Knight's zenith. But keep bigging up the League 1 striker

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Icy Gull said:
Because we needed him to score goals regularly in the Championship, his inabilty to do that and to lead by example to younger players is one of the reasons that we are back in the division that is Knight's zenith. But keep bigging up the League 1 striker
Yep. It's all Leon Knight's fault. Nothing to do with a manager who is tactically inept, has no man management skills, is a poor coach, and wouldn't know a decent striker if one kicked him off the team bus.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
Yep. It's all Leon Knight's fault. Nothing to do with a manager who is tactically inept, has no man management skills, is a poor coach, and wouldn't know a decent striker if one kicked him off the team bus.

The clue was in the phrase "one of the reasons" even I wouldn't blame LK 100% :rolleyes:

But don't let that stop you blaming MM 100%

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't blame McGhee 100%, of course the situation is always going to work against us, but survival this year was VERY achievable and the fact that we have not only gone down, but gone down without so much of a whimper is largely due to poor management.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Icy Gull said:

You can knock it, but don't you think a striker who scores so many goals at that level might be just a little handy next season?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Silent Bob said:
I don't blame McGhee 100%, of course the situation is always going to work against us, but survival this year was VERY achievable and the fact that we have not only gone down, but gone down without so much of a whimper is largely due to poor management.

I do know what you are saying and to a degree I agree with you but.....we're not going to agree on this are we?

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
dougdeep said:
Fair weather fan, I expect you'll be back for the play-offs.

I done 40 games last season, i intend to do around 20 to 30 next season and if that makes me a fiar weather fan then so be it.
If sussex makes the c&g final or the twenty20 finals day at lords which both events are being held on a saturday in august then id rather go to them than the football (all the time mcghee is in charge!)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Icy Gull said:
I do know what you are saying and to a degree I agree with you but.....we're not going to agree on this are we?
It doesn't seem likely.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
algie said:
Agreed Doug These fair weather fans are annoying.The only thing they are hurting is the club.If they have that much disapproval for the current manager then turning up to games and letting there feelings known does more damage then sitting at home or watching Chelsea play.The fact is Mcghee isn't unpopular with all fans.Regardless of Dick Knight if the fans really wanted McGhee out they would cause suck a stiink or have demos outside Withdean which would force the directors to think again.It hasn't reach that stage yet so give McGhee the benefit of the doubt for at least ten of next season.If theses so called fans just stay away then you would just have to doubt there comitment.Prawn sandwhiches springs to mind

Blimey, mind you don't hurt yourself falling off that high horse!

I'm sure you're a wonderful fan, donate every penny you've got going to the club and have never been seen to so much as frown in disapproval ... however, do you really think you and the few thousand others who fall under the same category are going to keep the club running at Falmer?

Some people actually do have one or two other things going on in their lives than following the Albion. Get used to the idea.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Silent Bob

I hope you include the chairman and the board in your poor management.
The events of the last few days have shown what standard of board we have.
These are the people who can really tie a managers hand.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck said:
Do not know, but he did have some benefit last season as his poor goal return did still lead to 10 points.

Without those points we would have gone down.
Without the points Mark McCammon gave us, we would have gone down. That still doesn't stop you repeating the same dull Trolley joke that sums up the extent of your sense of humour.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
fosters headband said:
Silent Bob

I hope you include the chairman and the board in your poor management.
The events of the last few days have shown what standard of board we have.
These are the people who can really tie a managers hand.

The man speaks some sense others would do well to take notice.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BensGrandad said:
The man speaks some sense others would do well to take notice.

Since you've added you support to that post you've just destroyed its credibility.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Repugnant Toad said:
Blimey, mind you don't hurt yourself falling off that high horse!

I'm sure you're a wonderful fan, donate every penny you've got going to the club and have never been seen to so much as frown in disapproval ... however, do you really think you and the few thousand others who fall under the same category are going to keep the club running at Falmer?

Some people actually do have one or two other things going on in their lives than following the Albion. Get used to the idea.

He's only on a 'high horse' thanks to his low opinion of you, he has has a point.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
bhaexpress said:
Since you've added you support to that post you've just destroyed its credibility.

I am sorry but even I can say the right things sometimes what I do not do is change my course midstream and bat for the winning side.

I still maintain that sacking MM would only be a cover up for the mistakes made by others. Sack BB and DW and allow MM to bring in who he wanys as No 2 if he choses one of those two so be it.

Give him the funds to bring in the new players to get us promoted and then if we are not in the top 3 on Dec 1st give him the boot.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
bhaexpress said:
He's only on a 'high horse' thanks to his low opinion of you, he has has a point.

Not really - So you are telling me withers is full of die hard albion fans? utter tosh.

Because the club are really well off to turn away peoples money no matter who they support as a first team.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
BensGrandad said:
I am sorry but even I can say the right things sometimes what I do not do is change my course midstream and bat for the winning side.

I still maintain that sacking MM would only be a cover up for the mistakes made by others. Sack BB and DW and allow MM to bring in who he wanys as No 2 if he choses one of those two so be it.

Give him the funds to bring in the new players to get us promoted and then if we are not in the top 3 on Dec 1st give him the boot.
Oh, that old chestnut. Hadn't thought of that.

Do you know for a fact McGhee isn't happy working with BB and DW? Assuming he stays, the management set-up wouldn't be - isn't - purely about McGhee. It's about everyone, including the players, and the players may well be perfectly happy with Bob Booker around, whatever talents he may possess or lack.

This may not be the case, of course, but I am not a position to say one way or the other. Are you?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Silent Bob said:

Indeed. Turned our 25 goals a season man into a 5 goals a season man by playing him in midfield or on the wing or leaving him on the bench in favour of a 4-5-1 with C-K-bloody-R upfront. Instead of just telling Leon to get in the damn box and stay there while the rest of the team aim the ball at him. I mean Doh! :dunce:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here