Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will MM outers react if he keeps his job?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If McGhee turns it around next season and we get off to a great start then what?Will you return then?If we don't then he deserves the chop.It's a new season and a fresh start for everyone.By the way Did you go to Coventry away?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
[ Did you go to Coventry away? [/B][/QUOTE]

No why?

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Some of the matches i've seen this season has been superb.Only let down by a decent forward and perhaps another midfielder.We were excellent against Coventry in the first half.The fact is we don't have enough quality in the team regardless of whoever is in charge.It will be a different story in league 1.Untill we get Falmer then we just don't have enough to compete any higher then league 1.Some of the football has been better now then under Adams etc.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
You missed the point but ho hum.

So because you do not like what I might feel about what has happened with players this season you do not take it seriously, how very very typical.

Still I guess it will keep me up all night worrying, oh my life will be so empty.

Regarding Archer I would pressume his ultimate aim was to get all the money left over from the ground sale, but in the end he took more than he should have.

If anyone has missed the point it's you. I was merely commenting on my take on the worship of little Leon, not suggesting that you were one of the worshippers. No benefit to this club whatsoever in the last two seasons imo which is exactly that, just my opinion. Keep worrying though

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
If anyone has missed the point it's you. I was merely commenting on my take on the worship of little Leon, not suggesting that you were one of the worshippers. No benefit to this club whatsoever in the last two seasons imo which is exactly that, just my opinion. Keep worrying though

But then his 4 goals last season led to 10 points so that did have rather a lot of benefit for the club.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
But then his 4 goals last season led to 10 points so that did have rather a lot of benefit for the club.

If you are impressed with our star player (allegedly) scoring 4 goals in a season, what can I say?

I expect McCammon would have bettered that in the same number of games, at least he was humorous in his put downs of the club and the manager

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
If you are impressed with our star player (allegedly) scoring 4 goals in a season, what can I say?

Missing the point again.

You said he was of no benefit to the club in the last 2 seasons. However last season he only got 4 goals, but those goals were the winner against Gillingham, the winner against Watford, the winner against Sheffield Utd and the goal in the draw against Cardiff. That lead to a return of 10 points, now pretty sure we did not stay up with 10 points to spare that season.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Missing the point again.

You said he was of no benefit to the club in the last 2 seasons. However last season he only got 4 goals, but those goals were the winner against Gillingham, the winner against Watford, the winner against Sheffield Utd and the goal in the draw against Cardiff. That lead to a return of 10 points, now pretty sure we did not stay up with 10 points to spare that season.

Who's to say another player wouldn't have scored more, not really that tall an order. So hardly missing the point. It's a very unimpressive strike rate for a star striker and one of the reasons the team and the manager struggled.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Icy Gull said:
Who's to say another player wouldn't have scored more, not really that tall an order. So hardly missing the point. It's a very unimpressive strike rate for a star striker and one of the reasone the team and the manger struggled.

Do not know, but he did have some benefit last season as his poor goal return did still lead to 10 points.

Without those points we would have gone down.

Last edited:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Uncle Buck said:
Without those points we would have gone down.
And we did once he left... Not that I think we'd have stayed up anyway if he stayed with Magoo keen to play the clubs top striker on the right wing as often as possible.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Trigger said:
And we did once he left... Not that I think we'd have stayed up anyway if he stayed with Magoo keen to play the clubs top striker on the right wing as often as possible.

You mean where Jackett now plays him, when he gets off the bench???

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Icy Gull said:
You mean where Jackett now plays him, when he gets off the bench???
Difference being Swansea have 4 quality strikers, they can't all play up front at the same time... We had NO quality strikers.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Trigger said:
Difference being Swansea have 4 quality strikers, they can't all play up front at the same time... We had NO quality strikers.

I see the little shit has scored and been booked today :)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Uncle Buck said:
Well he started today and has scored.
He has displaced Lee Trundle, but oh no, he's NO good, why would we want an AWFUL player like him?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Utter rubbish. I'd rather have McCammon.

He only left because McGhee wanted to free up some funds, that's why he didn't even talk to him for months before his departure.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here