Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How will MM outers react if he keeps his job?

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
The Large One said:
My point was about Goring Gull's comprehensive dismissal of all things Albion if McGhee stays. To my mind, that kind of support the club can do well without.

Then excuse my outburst, this is just all getting to me- i f***ing hate feeling apathetic about the Club i have supported for 20 years. (on the playing side)

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The Large One said:
Actually sunshine, I am indifferent towards the current manager's prospects at present. If he stays, I will support him. If he goes, I will support the new one. The more important issue is about the club as a whole, not specifically about individuals within a club.

My point was about Goring Gull's comprehensive dismissal of all things Albion if McGhee stays. To my mind, that kind of support the club can do well without.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
The Large One said:
Actually sunshine, I am indifferent towards the current manager's prospects at present. If he stays, I will support him. If he goes, I will support the new one. The more important issue is about the club as a whole, not specifically about individuals within a club.

You seem to make a habit of saying the club can do without so and so's support. You've said it to me and others in the past.

If you had your way there wouldn't be anyone left.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
gerbil said:
You seem to make a habit of saying the club can do without so and so's support. You've said it to me and others in the past.

If you had your way there wouldn't be anyone left.
Of course not. What a silly thing to say.

You either support the club or you don't. What value is there in doing it in half-measures? Or of saying 'if I don't get my way, I'm not suppporting it any more...', 'McGhee goes or I get a season ticket at Palace' which is what he effectively said.

In which case, I would say 'fine, go...'.

Now, if we ALL did it, that would be a different matter. But we're not going to, are we? As I said, this shouldn't be about one person, it should be about the club as a whole.

Last edited:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I'll take my season ticket wallet to matches and include tickets to all the games I cannot attend. If we play badly I'll throw my season ticket at him (this kind of protest is very much in vogue these days), but will keep the tickets I want, thus causing a scene without putting me out of pocket.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Jimmy Saville said:
I'll take my season ticket wallet to matches and include tickets to all the games I cannot attend. If we play badly I'll throw my season ticket at him (this kind of protest is very much in vogue these days), but will keep the tickets I want, thus causing a scene without putting me out of pocket.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Richie Morris said:
Same as I have since he was appointed. Get behind the team but not McGhee.

So it was someone else called Richie Morris who started about a dozen impassioned threads on NSC across seasons 03/04 and 04/05 calling for support for McGhee? :D To be fair, you are on a run of consistency at the moment.

Jimmy Saville said:

:lol:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
The thing is, if McGhee is somehow allowed to stay, are the board really going to release anything to him in terms of transfer funds/wages? I'd be suprised if even Knight would sanction it, given the extreme tight-rope his manager would be walking in a (for him) best-case scenario.

Repugnant Toad said:
The thing is, if McGhee is somehow allowed to stay, are the board really going to release anything to him in terms of transfer funds/wages? I'd be suprised if even Knight would sanction it, given the extreme tight-rope his manager would be walking in a (for him) best-case scenario.

A more interesting question for me is the capacity of the board to financially support a successor to McGhee if we waste money on dismissing him. What will be left over? What additional investment would a new manager get?

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
There are plenty of out of work managers we could replace McGhee with.

But do we really want Andy King, Brian Tinnion, Paul Merson or Tony Adams given THEIR track records !

Let's face it, Alan Curbishley is probably at the Riverside Stadium having his interview right now !

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
surrey jim said:
Everyone should get behind him if he is the manager at the begining of next season. I would give him until Christmas and assess the situation again then, if he is making the same mistakes as he did this season the :wave:

What he said.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Ernest said:
I will still go but I will turn my back on the pitch and refuse to watch the match, maybe read the TV Times or listen to a CD instead.

a tried and tested English band/artist per chance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here