Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hendo is CRAP

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
bristolseagull said:
dont think ive ever see him make a match changing save,

What a load of bollox! I'll be happy if he never makes a "match changing save" (if there can be such a thing) as long as he continues to play as well as he has done this season up to the last 2 or 3 games. It is imperative that he keeps his form coz if he doesnt the Wendy will be forced to give Kuipers a go, and we really dont want that.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Tubthumper said:
Whilst I will not say Hendo was 'crap', I really cannot fathom how anyone can say he did well. That is baffling. Please explain what he did well.

Conversely, what did he do wrong? He made several decent saves, including seeing off two one-on-ones. His handling was flawless, and his kicking was exceptional ... so a pretty good game for me. It completely undermines the argument of any Kuipers fan to criticise Hendo after today.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Can't see how Henderson was at fault for any of the goals. There were gaping holes in the centre of the park allowing the Yeovil forwards to run at our exposed defence. Felt sorry for El Abd having to run for two people as Chippy was so non-existant. Missed Hammond today and looking forward to getting back to Adam and Hammond in the centre of midfield so we have a bit more running in the middle of the park and an extra man to support the front two.

IMO of course!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Hendo is CRAP

The Complete Badger said:
I mean, he's only won two championships here, he's only been part of some great sides and constantly admired by a string of managers. He's only the best goalkeeper we have had in the last 15 years. I'm with you, it would be a complete NIGHTMARE if we have to actually play him:shootself

sounds very much like a certain richard carpenter - justification enough then for the midfield maestros place in the team:shootself

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Re: Re: Re: Hendo is CRAP

Oh yeah, because that would be absolutely f***ing AWFUL wouldn't it? I mean, he's only won two championships here, he's only been part of some great sides and constantly admired by a string of managers. He's only the best goalkeeper we have had in the last 15 years. I'm with you, it would be a complete NIGHTMARE if we have to actually play him:shootself

Might as well play Peter Ward then, if past performances get you a place in the team:yawn:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hendo is CRAP

Richard Carpenter has never been a TALISMAN in this team though. He is also nowhere near the required standard at the present time, unlike a certain Dutchman.

Kuipers hardly impressed when given his chance last season though did he.

Luton and Sheffield United away- he was SHOCKING in those games.

Good keeper, yes, but not half the player he was four years ago

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

Don't be a tit, Potter. That "joke" was done hours ago. If you are comparing someone who played upfront 25 years ago to someone who is currently a brilliant goalkeeper, and a superb professional, then you are more out of touch with reality than many already suspect:salute:

:yawn:

I haven't read the thread, because it is full of ridiculous opinions founded on a players performances several years ago.

McGhee picked Henderson because HENDERSON is the better keeper.
Wilkins picks Henderson because HENDERSON is the better keeper.

There is nothing more to it than that!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Richard Carpenter has never been a TALISMAN in this team though. He is also nowhere near the required standard at the present time, unlike a certain Dutchman.

i think you are wrong there thomas - there is no doubt that carpenter is currently wank, but in the division 3/2 title seasons, he was as key to that team as anyone. he was also impressive in the season in the championship, and in the promotion season under mcghee. id even go as far as to say he didn't do badly in the season we stayed up under mcghee

however, he was rushed back into the side last season when oatway went out and he clearly wasn't fit, simply due to our lack of midfield options. he has been shit since then, obviously low on confidence. conversely, kuipers came back the same day. he then went onto have poor games against luton and sheffield united, and was replaced by the signing of henderson

had mcghee not bought in henderson, there is no doubt kuipers would of been number one for the season. but judging on the way he performed when he came back, i would take a wild stab that he would of been poor - in exactly the same position as carpenter, only not as desperately woeful

henderson is just paying the price for taking the place of kuipers in the eyes of the fans - the same thing happened with roberts, and if we had of signed blayney instead of henderson i bet it would of happened with him as well

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hendo is CRAP

He came back from an injury which had kept him out for a YEAR. He was given FOUR games by McGhee to prove himself. It was impossible to be on top of his game in such a short period of time. He needed a run of 10 games or more to play himself back into form, and had he had that, I have no doubts he would be rightly established as our number 1 now. However, McGhee dropped him after some average, not poor, performances, and he hasn't been given a chance since. PATHETIC:angry:

Again, Richard Carpenter is a SUPERB PROFESSIONAL, but he's not the best player in his position at the moment.

Had Henderson had the 'average' performances, they would no doubt, in your eyes, have been 'poor' at the very least.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Nope. McGhee had Kuipers in the team, because he was, and still is, a fantastic goalkeeper. The only thing that changed this is the injury he picked up v Forest. This kept him out for a year, by which time the Irishman was in. Then, McGhee's arrogance and ego stepped in, and Michel was left to rot. To be fair to Henderson, he hasn't done too much wrong this season, so Wilkins can't be blamed too much. My only gripe with Wilkins is that Michel played a blinder at Bradford (virtually winning us the match by himself), and found himself dropped within a couple of weeks. That's pathetic.

Wise words he was awesome at Bradford and did not deserve to be dropped.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Nope. McGhee had Kuipers in the team, because he was, and still is, a fantastic goalkeeper.

and it may also have had something to do with the fact his back up was chris may:shootself

if i remember correctly, mcghee would have had another man as number one had he of not f***ed up his back majorly

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hendo is CRAP

Beach Hut said:
Wise words he was awesome at Bradford and did not deserve to be dropped.

A players place in the team is not solely based on match performances.

Kuipers had a good game at Bradford, and had nothing to do against Northwich. But Wayne found himself back between the sticks for the Tranmere game. Why? You'll have to ask Wilkins. He's the man who sees the keepers 6 or so times a week, wheras we see them a maximum of 2. Kuipers, i'm guessing, hasn't impressed Wilkins in training. Wilkins showed by picking Michel in his first game that he'll play the players who are in form, and further showed this by leaving Bowditch (a class act) on the bench, when he'd have been very tempted to play him.
Kuipers may perform well in one match, but over a fortnight period, i'm guessing that it's HENDERSON who's the form player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here