Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hendo is CRAP

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Complete Badger said:
Not really. Coppout signed Petterson when Kuipers was out at the start of the season, and Roberts and Beasant later on when he got the bad injury. McGhee had Roberts and Kuipers to start with, and didn't sign anyone else (ie Blayney or Henderson) until Michel was injured again. Hardly "on the lookout."

Coppell was nearly always on the look out and as soon as Roberts was free didnt think twice.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Not really. Coppout signed Petterson when Kuipers was out at the start of the season, and Roberts and Beasant later on when he got the bad injury. McGhee had Roberts and Kuipers to start with, and didn't sign anyone else (ie Blayney or Henderson) until Michel was injured again. Hardly "on the lookout."

Didn't Hinsh sign Petterson?

Anyway, i can't remember who was in charge when Kuipers returned to fitness, but they definitely went for Roberts as number one, and thus weren't on the lookout for a replacement, as Kuipers was only backup!

Last edited:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
not read any of this thread as drunk, but to blame hendo is a joke. More to do with the fact they carved through our entire defence time and time again in my eyes.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hendo is CRAP

Scotty Mac said:
and it may also have had something to do with the fact his back up was chris may:shootself

if i remember correctly, mcghee would have had another man as number one had he of not f***ed up his back majorly
But if Kuipers hadn't been in a car crash then the man who f***ed up his back may not have been McGhee's number one. :bla:
This kind of specualtion is pointless nonsense, as are your porsts earlier in the thread suggesting Kuipers surely would've been sent off today. :lolol:

Personally I wouldn't pidgeonhole myself as a "fan" of either player, I like Kuipers as a player and as a bloke but Henderson when on his best form is the better keeper, in my opinion. Unfortunately we have only seen his best form sporadically, he has had some average games and some stinkers too. Personally I'd bring Kuipers in for the Carlisle game. Things need shaking up, the defence is struggling and I think his extra presence can help.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Hendo is CRAP

Oh yeah, because that would be absolutely f***ing AWFUL wouldn't it? I mean, he's only won two championships here, he's only been part of some great sides and constantly admired by a string of managers. He's only the best goalkeeper we have had in the last 15 years.

Yeah, note the recurrence of the past tense there!

p.s. you seem to have forgotten about Ben Roberts for that last line.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
He WAS number 1 under McGhee and Coppout - it was only injury that resulted in him losing his place, not the manager's decision.

Not true ... he was fit all summer under Coppell, yet he still went out and bought Roberts. That arguably the best manager we've had at the club chose to spend a fair bit of his meagre budget on another goalkeeper says a lot about his opinion of Kuipers.

McGhee also picked Roberts over Kuipers EVERY time both were available.

As for picking Roberts over Kuipers, I think that happened just as much as Kuipers was picked over Roberts.

???

That NEVER happened.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Scotty Mac said:
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

he was slow off his line today, but he also did bloody well to avoid bringing the bloke down, and forcing him wide enough so the angle of the shot was tight. remember a few similar situations where kuipers has bought people down like that, resulting in a red card, whioch would of been disastrous today

admitedly he does have a tendency to stay on his line, but whoever compared him to the yeovil keeper must of been clinically insane - if henderson came for balls on the edge of the box like he did he would need a step ladder to reach them

thought he did well enough today - fine save towards the end that no doubt if kuipers had made would of been evidence enough for his inclusion next week. so we conceded 3 goals, but if the keeper is not offered any protection by his centre backs being raped for pace everytime the opposition come forward, then you will generally tend to struggle

I think the fact that the bloke stayed on his feet and Hendo actually missed the ball says more for the forwards honesty than anything as he could quite easily have gone down.

I was a tad dissapointed with the third goal as it was a bit far out for him to be beaten from that distance

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
chippy was worse, think the defence were at fault more than hendo, i was in c block and some idiot had a go saying hendo doesn't come off his line, then five minutes later had qa go for him coming off his line, tell me does that make sense???? he gets a lot of stick for nothing, and kuipers would be no better.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Schrödinger's Toad said:
Conversely, what did he do wrong? He made several decent saves, including seeing off two one-on-ones. His handling was flawless, and his kicking was exceptional ... so a pretty good game for me. It

I'm not going to compare our two keepers so please don't misread this as an attempt to.

Yesterday was the first time I've seen Henderson play. I was a little dissapointed with what I saw. I'm not blaming him for any of the goals- the defence was close to useless and offered him little protection. So, forgetting the goals, I still don't think he had a particularly good game. There were several tmes when he was incredibly slow off his line which could quite easily have cost us a goal or two. His handling was good, yes, but that's what I expect from a goalkeeper. His kicking was pretty good too although I wouldn't say exceptional. In all I'd say he had a very average game, certainly not the kind of game which "completely undermines the argument of any (Kuipers) fan to criticise Hendo after today."

Was that really Henderson playing well?

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Kuipers intially came as back up to Mark Walton who then promptly left meaning Adams went out and got Cartwright who remained number 1 after Kuipers' 45 minutes against Southend until he himself got injured.

Kuipers big problem has always been his kicking and his distribution from it. Watch them when they have possession of the ball. Henderson is always looking to get the ball out quick and has a reasonably accurate kick - a fair number of those that don't reach their destination have usually been taken too hurriedly. In other words he can direct where it is going. Kuipers is quite slow and methodical and is unable to direct it anywhere except up. Whenever Kuipers took kicks you'd always notice all the players heading to one side of the pitch because they knew exactly where it would it go, something you can't say about Henderson. The result of this is that with Henderson players can remain more spread out and in turn gain a little extra space rather than all be congested when Kuipers kicks it.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We are lucky to have Kuipers as I doubt that there is a better back up keeper in this div, but Henderson has done nothing wrong and in the most part has made some bloody important saves and kept us in games and so deserves the shirt and until he has a run of bad games i can't see Kuipers getting a chance.

Why can we not support the players instead of having a go and thinking that we are better at picking players based on 90 minutes a week rather than Wilkins who gets to see them train?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Garry Nelson's Left Foot said:
In all I'd say he had a very average game, certainly not the kind of game which "completely undermines the argument of any (Kuipers) fan to criticise Hendo after today."

Was that really Henderson playing well?

It wasn't exactly a blinder - that's not my point; I think he played as well as could be expected given the protection he was offered. As I see it, though, for the usual Kuipers-lovers to come on here ranting about how crap Hendo is and how he cost us the game and suchlike just shows up their irrational bias for what it is ... at least wait until Hendo's actually played in some way poorly before calling for the return of the great mis-kicking one.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Re: Re: Hendo is CRAP

Schrödinger's Toad said:
:lolol:

What a load of laughable CRAP.

He was faultless for every goal and made several decent saves. However, I'm sure you're right - Kuipers would have kept out every one, scored the four to win us the game and staged a small UN summit in his goalmouth to solve world peace, right?

your opinion mate-

mine (as with penty of others on here) is very different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here