Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hendo is CRAP

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
The Complete Badger said:
Or look at it another way: If Michel wasn't so injury prone, we wouldn't have signed a goalkeeper for the last five years because the shirt would have been his:)

I think the reason we signed other keepers was because we were moving up through the leagues and away from Michels standard of football.

I really cannot see the facination in him. Why have some on here got such a high opinion of him on here? As far as "long term keepers" go he was better than Rust & Ormerod but nobody else.

Keeley, Diggers, Moseley, Beeney, Roberts - I can see why people loved those keepers but Kuipers .......... I dont get it

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hendo is CRAP

So are you saying we haven't found the "right time" for a whole year? How long does he have to wait?

Incidentally, I don't recall Michel ever claiming he "wanted to leave" so I don't think that's a fair argument. If we're talking about transfer requests, then I can think of a certain Irishman who would feature more prominently than our very own Michel.

As for next season, I guess one of them will have to leave. I'm still hoping that someone will be blinded by Henderson's international status, and take him off our hands, leaving the path clear for Michel to return a la the resurrection of Jesus:bowdown:

i dont see how hendersons request would be more prominent to be honest - he missed one game to play for ireland, came back and was dropped. yes, it was a mistake to put in the request, but he has admitted that and was on the list for around 2 days i believe

michael however was on the list for the entire second half of the season, yet despite his brilliance couldn't attract an offer from a single club - although not suprising when he let in 9 goals in 2 games at one period of boston

i have already said there was a right time - when we were down so it didn't matter if the dutch man was poor. but where was michel when his chance was there - playing for boston

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
chez said:
I think the reason we signed other keepers was because we were moving up through the leagues and away from Michels standard of football.

I really cannot see the facination in him. Why have some on here got such a high opinion of him on here? As far as "long term keepers" go he was better than Rust & Ormerod but nobody else.

Keeley, Diggers, Moseley, Beeney, Roberts - I can see why people loved those keepers but Kuipers .......... I dont get it

in fairness, myself and thomas have only been supporting the club to witness since rust onwards - and there is no doubt michel, on his day, has been the best since then, i would argue with the exception of roberts

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hendo is CRAP

Another poor argument against the great man. I remember reading Boston match reports around that time. They lost one match to Mansfield 5-0 I remember, and every newspaper reported that the score would have been twice as many without Michel.

quite similar to how a large proportion of the kuipers lovers point to leeds away as an example of us leaking goals with henderson then....

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
and also similar to the argument that conceding 3 goals today warrants waynes dropping, despite the fact of the matter being he could do nothing about them

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Did you watch us during our two Championship years? I am presuming you did, so are you seriously saying that you didn't notice Michel keep us in game after game? Did you not see that, bar Zamora, he was by far our best player? As for us signing other goalkeepers because we were moving up through the leagues, that's rubbish. The proof? Michel's best season with us was in the Championship under Coppout:clap:

Best couple of months anyway. I seem to recall ROBERTS and BEASANT excelling for most of that season, as well the shambolic Andy Petterson era before 'Coppouts' reign.

He had form, but then once again got injured, allowing Roberts to come in and impress, resulting in him being signed at the expense of Michel as the Albions number one keeper

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Hendo is CRAP

Henderson was good at Leeds. He set up two goals, and is probably the ONLY time he can claim to have performed some flair goalkeeping. It reminded me of Michel:love:

if you want to talk flair goalkeeping, there is only one name that crops up, and it is not michel!

henderson was first class that day, yet people still use the fact we conceded 3 against him. a fine example of how the blinkers are with some of these kuipers worshippers

as for kuipers being number one for several managers, i think one of the reasons was simply because of the complete lack of back up keeper. realistically, the like of will packham, andy petterson and chris may are not good enough for the conference - as is shown my packham and may now playing one division above county one. i am not doubting that michel has been a superb keeper, but everytime he has come under pressure from someone decent he has lost his place at some point - roberts, henderson, even cartwright had a period as michels superior

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
as for kuipers being number one for several managers.

Shame thats not true Scotty!

Adams - Yes
Taylor Yes
Mcghee - no
Coppell - no
Wilkins no

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Scotty Mac said:
and also similar to the argument that conceding 3 goals today warrants waynes dropping, despite the fact of the matter being he could do nothing about them

But Kuipers lets in goals with class, and when he srats on his line and gets lobbed from corners its not his fault.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Kinky Gerbils said:
as for kuipers being number one for several managers.

Shame thats not true Scotty!

Adams - Yes
Taylor Yes
Mcghee - no
Coppell - no
Wilkins no

oh but kinky, if you want to be really pedantic there was a period when CARTWRIGHT was number one for adams:bowdown:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
He WAS number 1 under McGhee and Coppout - it was only injury that resulted in him losing his place, not the manager's decision.

and it was only injury that got him into number one under mcghee!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
He WAS number 1 under McGhee and Coppout - it was only injury that resulted in him losing his place, not the manager's decision.

Who where always looking for a replacement when he was in goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here