Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammonds conract offer - speculation

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Most of his work and steadying influence goes thoroughly unnoticed and I for one am sick and tired of the kind of attitude you display towards him.

He's entitled to his opinion, wrong though you and I think it is.

At least he tries to be balanced, unlike Clippedgull, The Complete B****r and a couple of others. Things like a '3' mark on his player ratings on Tuesday are just pathetic.

D

Deleted member 2719

Not Got Time to read the whole thread.

But if this is true i am sure the club have looked a Deans form and felt he is not performing to his potential so they have given him security of a 4 year deal at a lower basic with the chance of boosting his wage with win bonus etc.
Sounds reasonable to me we need winners to CAPTAIN Brighton and Hove Albion.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
He's entitled to his opinion, wrong though you and I think it is.

At least he tries to be balanced, unlike Clippedgull, The Complete B****r and a couple of others. Things like a '3' mark on his player ratings on Tuesday are just pathetic.

Sure entitled to opinions but they simply don't add up. He is very very underated and an integral part of this side.

Jeff Minton was probably the last midfield player to match his goal scoring ability and box to box displays. (I dont count Carpenter, even though I rated him, because he was mainly a dead ball goal scorer.)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
What's a better contract, £1,000pw x 2 years or £750pw x 4 years?

Less money PER WEEK, but more money over the WHOLE CONTRACT

I have NO IDEA what the offer is but just saying "he's been offered less money" doesn't really tell the full story does it?

No it doesn't. I doubt the drop is as significant as that anyway, and as others have said will surely involve a different scale of bonuses based on wins, promotion etc.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Speculation, Speculation, Speculation!

Oh so much speculation, so what if his wage has been cut what about the bigger picture, maybe they cut his basic and doubled his performance bonus a much better way of rewarding players or gave him a new car or petrol card or pension for life or......you get the picture but there I am speculating.
We don't know the details so why get all bent out of shape.

I must say that over the last couple of weeks I think the level of ranting on here has reached new levels of hilarity, keep it up it makes me laugh!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Six league goals already this season- where would we be without them?

Simple. Goals = points.

Most of his work and steadying influence goes thoroughly unnoticed and I for one am sick and tired of the kind of attitude you display towards him.

How is he a steadying influence? Is it because when he plays in that more defensive role the other players can be sure play will pass him by.

His work rate doesn't go unnoticed when you actually watch him, it's just play passes him by so much that unless you specifically watch him you hardly notice him. Imagine if we had 11 players like that.

That is not to say I don't think there should be a place for him in the team as an attacking midfielder but lets not try to read into his game some sort of efficient productiveness that isn't there.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
How is he a steadying influence? Is it because when he plays in that more defensive role the other players can be sure play will pass him by.

His work rate doesn't go unnoticed when you actually watch him, it's just play passes him by so much that unless you specifically watch him you hardly notice him. Imagine if we had 11 players like that.

That is not to say I don't think there should be a place for him in the team as an attacking midfielder but lets not try to read into his game some sort of efficient productiveness that isn't there.

Les all i'm saying is that he does alot of work that would previously have been done by someone like Charlie. Unglamorous stuff that people assume happens on its own.

He's tall, wins a plethora of headers, both defensive and attacking, plays short simple balls that take the heat out of otherwise messy situations. He can and frequently does join as an attacking force.

Personally I'm not sure what he brings to the team as captain- he isn't particularly vocal from what I hear on the sidelines, but then maybe its simply that he leads the team by example in work rate etc?

And lets face it there aren't better people queueing up to replace him!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Six league goals already this season- where would we be without them?

Simple. Goals = points.

4 (?) of them were penalties. If Hammond wasn't taking them im sure Forster would have 4 more goals. He has had more than enough chance to add to his two goals from open play

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How many CDs, and are they any good?
What do you own now, and how much do you earn before tax?

Just asking, as it is something you really might know - official!

:jester:

Dont be nosey

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Speculation, Speculation, Speculation!

Oh so much speculation, so what if his wage has been cut what about the bigger picture, maybe they cut his basic and doubled his performance bonus a much better way of rewarding players or gave him a new car or petrol card or pension for life or......you get the picture but there I am speculating.
We don't know the details so why get all bent out of shape.

I must say that over the last couple of weeks I think the level of ranting on here has reached new levels of hilarity, keep it up it makes me laugh!

Not ANOTHER one talking sense... what will become of NSC ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hmm

Not entirely convinced about the propriety of discussing an individual's remuneration package on here but it does cast an interesting (and unfortunately none too positive) light on how the club works with its most important resource.

Plus, just reading through the thread has whiled away a half hour - a more entertaining use of my time than the work I should be doing :D

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Les all i'm saying is that he does alot of work that would previously have been done by someone like Charlie. Unglamorous stuff that people assume happens on its own.

He's tall, wins a plethora of headers, both defensive and attacking, plays short simple balls that take the heat out of otherwise messy situations. He can and frequently does join as an attacking force.

Personally I'm not sure what he brings to the team as captain- he isn't particularly vocal from what I hear on the sidelines, but then maybe its simply that he leads the team by example in work rate etc?

And lets face it there aren't better people queueing up to replace him!

I know what you mean and I do think you make some valid points especially about his short passing but I think the comparision to Charlie is a telling one. While you would often notice Charlie because he would either be making tackles or at least imposing his physicality on the midfield area I don't think Hammond does. His tackling is woeful and his distribution sometimes wayward. If the game is passing him by he doesn't seem to know how to get himself back into it.

I actually think if you are going to play with Hammond you need a defensive midfielder who has decent distribution, leaving Hammond to play just in front, playing short passes into attacking areas and making late runs. Trouble is we haven't really got one, Bertin being the closest to that I've seen.

At the moment I would think Reid and Fraser would be a better option as both have a balance to their game, while not excelling in attack or defence they both have decent ability in both areas. Still trouble is one has just got back from injury and the other is young.

Do you seriously think what is said on here will have that much affect on the team? What will affect them is what they perceive to be poor treatment by the club. Maybe their expectations are too high and out of the clubs budget, but you've hit he nail on the head when you say we've done well this season, but it will not be NSC that ends that. Well I sincerely hope not anyway.

One really hopes that what is said on here doesn't effect the team (except of course for the brilliant motivation that I give with almost every post. It's incredible).
The only thought that might stop any of the players going :rant: , is the fact that supporters are probably just as bad all over the country (a clue to that, is when England players get booed in league matches after a loss).

Your average English person is jealous of success, critical of talent, and often manifests dislike of their own situation by whingeing at their own players for not making him/her a 'winner' in at least some vicarious way.

Still, that's the way it is, and it's worse in latin countries where they might physically attack players on the street for a costly blunder.

I'm sure that if left to their own free-spirited skills, without pressure of knowing they'd get pilloried by fans for any mistake, they'd be a crazy gangload of dynamic genius - freed of mind so their asses could follow.
We will probably never know.

I cannot believe how much nonsense I'm reading.

People are "entitled to have an opinion". But why the hell are people paying any attention to the opinions that are being expressed, when the whole story is certified bollocks?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here