Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammonds conract offer - speculation

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Fairplay ...... :D

I am sure you can find out lots on here about tiffs, injuries and indescretions of players, but even in the murky world of contracts players very rarely tell fans or acquaintances of their terms and the people that do know would never offer this information to fans forums !!

I can completely accept why you would think that.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Here's another purely speculative idea- Dean Hammond may well appeal to Mark McGhee. He could be in the frame for a move to Motherwell in the summer unless DK gets it sorted out asap

Motherwell could sign him on a pre-contract now if they wanted to. Purely speculative obviously but Hammond was playing fairly well under McGhee in the Championship, he could take a punt given its not going to cost anything other than wages.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Sagaman - that's really what I'm getting at.

The thread about Alex Revell's celebration and non-congratulatory team-mates - the O'Callaghan outburst - Baz going etc etc etc all make the fans believe that the club is in a bit of a state behind the scenes. I suspect it is. So why destabalise it more be sharing this half-formed, unsupported info.

The Albion have done so well this season and have so much potential and it feels like it's starting to unravel for no obvious reason.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Here's another purely speculative idea- Dean Hammond may well appeal to Mark McGhee. He could be in the frame for a move to Motherwell in the summer unless DK gets it sorted out asap

Wouldn't rule it out but i think MM has the brains to realise DH wouldn't cope in the SPL.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I believe it - it's entirely possible - sacrifice some of the income for the security of what amounts to a very long contract these days. Seems like a reasonable starting gambit. Trouble is, we don't know if it's true or where that offer (if made) occurred during any negotiation. That means people will take it as fact and then form a view based on a non-contract.

I get the feeling that many fans really do not recognise the importance of Dean Hammond to Brighton.

He is a young player that really is highly thought of within the game, not just at this level but Championship Level too.

I agree that he aint at his very best this year but still a big player for us.

The Club also will recognise not only his playing worth but his financial worth if they can tie him down on a decent contract .......

We get a top league 1 players service for the duration of the contract whilst the club would be at liberty to cash in on him at any time within that period should one of his many suiters wish to make a move for him.

Of course the spanner in the works is that maybe the club hasnt made it obvious of their admiration of his talents ( not Management ) and negotiations have been sluggish and of course he is free to leave and receive favourable terms at another club.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Sagaman - that's really what I'm getting at.

The thread about Alex Revell's celebration and non-congratulatory team-mates - the O'Callaghan outburst - Baz going etc etc etc all make the fans believe that the club is in a bit of a state behind the scenes. I suspect it is. So why destabalise it more be sharing this half-formed, unsupported info.

The Albion have done so well this season and have so much potential and it feels like it's starting to unravel for no obvious reason.

Do you seriously think what is said on here will have that much affect on the team? What will affect them is what they perceive to be poor treatment by the club. Maybe their expectations are too high and out of the clubs budget, but you've hit he nail on the head when you say we've done well this season, but it will not be NSC that ends that. Well I sincerely hope not anyway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We know Butters and Kuipers have taken pay cuts to stay at the club. Maybe this is the case for Hammond as well. It isnt beyond the realms of probable.

Given that the Argus said Hammond had a 4 bedroom house and Merc and is only 24 he seems to be getting a bloody good salary at the moment. When I was 24 I had little more than the clothes I stood in and some CDs.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
well if he's in two minds about signing a new contract accepting the pay cut im sure that having read through a few threads on here shall put him right off you bunch of miserable fools

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I dont really rate him. Maybe we could do better?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Can somebody explain to me why are we as supporters concerned about players contracts. Do you care how much your plumber earns when all you want is the water leaked fixed.

I dont care if our players earn £100 per week or £10, 000 provided they perform on the field and we get good results and a high position in the league. If they dont ship em out and bring in new, that is not my problem it is the problem of the board who OWN this club.

We know Butters and Kuipers have taken pay cuts to stay at the club. Maybe this is the case for Hammond as well. It isnt beyond the realms of probable.

Given that the Argus said Hammond had a 4 bedroom house and Merc and is only 24 he seems to be getting a bloody good salary at the moment. When I was 24 I had little more than the clothes I stood in and some CDs.

How many CDs, and are they any good?
What do you own now, and how much do you earn before tax?

Just asking, as it is something you really might know - official!

:jester:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Unless your "Source" is Dick Knight or Hammond himself then I'll wait for some real information on the subject thanks all the same.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can somebody explain to me why are we as supporters concerned about players contracts. Do you care how much your plumber earns when all you want is the water leaked fixed.

I dont care if our players earn £100 per week or £10, 000 provided they perform on the field and we get good results and a high position in the league. If they dont ship em out and bring in new, that is not my problem it is the problem of the board who OWN this club.

Its not about the actual figures though is it? Its about whether we percieve that the club is doing enough to keep certain players.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Am I on my own in thinking we won't be hugely worse off if we lose him. Hasn't been anywhere near worth a starting place this season. I cant think of one game I have gone away from thinking " What a good captains display from Hammond"

Six league goals already this season- where would we be without them?

Simple. Goals = points.

Most of his work and steadying influence goes thoroughly unnoticed and I for one am sick and tired of the kind of attitude you display towards him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here