Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammonds conract offer - speculation

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
How exciting... an unsubstantiated and frankly ludicrous bit of speculation about a players contract. Excuse me.. I have to go and change my pants...

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Unless things have changed, if he is offered less than his current contract he automatically becomes a free agent if another club comes in for him.

So it would be an irrelevant offer and offensive to the captain of our club.

And as he is a free agent anyway, we're banking on his loyalty, or no one else wanting him.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
If the club or the player had wanted to share their negotiations with NSC I'm sure they would have.

You haven't named your source (they should be disciplined for sharing confidential information) so name them

This isn't in the interest of the club or the player or the fans - so why start such an irresponsible thread?

It goes beyond speculation because you claim it's a fact.

Get a brain and think about what you post before you start bellowing "look at me....look at me" in future. Do you need attention this desperately?

Irresponsible tw@t.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
If the club or the player had wanted to share their negotiations with NSC I'm sure they would have.

You haven't named your source (they should be disciplined for sharing confidential information) so name them

This isn't in the interest of the club or the player or the fans - so why start such an irresponsible thread?

Get a brain and think about what you post before you start bellowing "look at me....look at me" in future. Do you need attention this desperately?

Irresponsible tw@t.

Bless. Feel better now?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Irresponsible tw@t.

No need to be so superior if you ask me, the guy that started the thread has not been taken too seriously.

If your looking for discipline, responsibility then I suggest you dont look on here very often...it really isn't the most serious place on the planet !!!

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
No need to be so superior if you ask me, the guy that started the thread has not been taken too seriously.

If your looking for discipline, responsibility then I suggest you dont look on here very often...it really isn't the most serious place on the planet !!!

It has had the mixed response I expected. I said I didn't expect some people to believe it.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

I accept that, but there has been so much chat on here in the last few weeks about contracts and all it's done is unsettle people...not sure what is to be gained from it.

I have already put my hand up and admitted I was being a bit of a huffy knob.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
It has had the mixed response I expected. I said I didn't expect some people to believe it.

I believe it - it's entirely possible - sacrifice some of the income for the security of what amounts to a very long contract these days. Seems like a reasonable starting gambit. Trouble is, we don't know if it's true or where that offer (if made) occurred during any negotiation. That means people will take it as fact and then form a view based on a non-contract.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I accept that, but there has been so much chat on here in the last few weeks about contracts and all it's done is unsettle people...not sure what is to be gained from it.

I think maybe you're right, it doesn't help. But, this is a direct result of the unsettled state of the club.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Fairplay ...... :D

I am sure you can find out lots on here about tiffs, injuries and indescretions of players, but even in the murky world of contracts players very rarely tell fans or acquaintances of their terms and the people that do know would never offer this information to fans forums !!

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
Whilst this 4 year pay cut may be true or false there is a more worrying point
Surely DHs situation should have been sorted out before he hit the 6 months from end of contract position?

Many fans have rubbished George O'Callaghan going on the record about player unrest. However you don't have to be a genius to realise that things are not right on the contracts front

Here's another purely speculative idea- Dean Hammond may well appeal to Mark McGhee. He could be in the frame for a move to Motherwell in the summer unless DK gets it sorted out asap

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here