Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hammonds conract offer - speculation

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
what aload of crap .surely this club is not in the position, financially, to offer 4 year deals

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Can a moderator remove the word official when there is nothing official about it at all and just speculation?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Wouldn't get anywhere near that amount. 250k maybe

Probabaly, but if Steve Claridge is in your management staff then we might.:D Or some other mentally lacking Championship manager who overates average players.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

It says here

With six months or less remaining on an existing contract for players aged 23 or older, they are free to negotiate with other clubs and sign a pre-contract, indicating their ability to move to their intented club on a Bosman transfer, once the next transfer window opens.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
If this is the case for the club captain, who the club should be fighting tooth and nail to keep at the club (talking generically here, regardless of Hammond's talent or performances), it will most likely lead to Dean leaving unless he is extremely committed to the Albion or extremely stupid. Furthermore, what sort of message does it send to the younger players? The longer you stay here, until a few years after Falmer, the less you will get paid. Hardly an incentive to the likes of Elphick, Lynch etc is it? I just hope DK is saving money for big signings.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Can only sign a pre-contract with another English club 6 weeks before it expires. Still means he leaves for nothing though.

EDIT:and as he is over 24 we dont get any fee for him.

So there would be no compensation involved at all?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here