Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grame Smith Signs

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Sounds a great signing. Could be a really good season this year if the quality of signings are anything to go by.

i wouldnt get too carried away - last seasons signings seemed quality at this stage last year!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Great buy. A quality keeper and will be our No.1 I hope Michel will stay and am sure will get a few games.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A player with experience to challenge FDM, what's not to like, sounds good to me and will maybe put to bed the outrage at the inexperienced Sullivan being released?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He'll surely be our first choice keeper if fit, I can't believe we are even debating this. He was a midtable Scottish Premier League regular last season, a level which none (ok maybe McNulty) of our present players will ever reach.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
As you have to have an opinion on this one, I am pro-Kuipers, so for me. It looks like this.

The FDM is now 35 which is not ancient for a keeper, but he has had some terrible injuries over the years, including the mashed shoulder and the car crash. So to introduce some competition and some succession now is a good thing. Whoever starts as number one this season, it won't make the other one a bad keeper.

If Smith is the man he will have to be a bloody good keeper and that can only be a good thing. Welcom aboard

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
He'll surely be our first choice keeper if fit, I can't believe we are even debating this. He was a midtable Scottish Premier League regular last season, a level which none (ok maybe McNulty) of our present players will ever reach.

To be fair I don't think mid table SPL is much better than Championship standard. I'd hope several of our players will play for a good Championship side, hopefully us.

Though I do 100% agree that he will, and should, be our number 1.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Steve Thomson was a captain in the SPL. I reckon a fair few of ours could get into the SPL if thats the standard!

I do think he should be our number 1 mind.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Steve Thomson was a captain in the SPL. I reckon a fair few of ours could get into the SPL if thats the standard!

I do think he should be our number 1 mind.

Spoke to a St Mirren fan yesterday who said that Thomson had started slowly and come in for a bit of fan abuse ( no change there then) but came good by the end of the season. Maybe all he needed was run of games in a settled side?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Spoke to a St Mirren fan yesterday who said that Thomson had started slowly and come in for a bit of fan abuse ( no change there then) but came good by the end of the season. Maybe all he needed was run of games in a settled side?

Maybe, he did have a decent amount of games with us the season we finished 7th though didn't he? Never really looked as if he was going to be anything special IMO.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Glad we have a new number 1. Is was going to say that we would need a new No. 2 as well coz Kuipers will as usual get stroppy and hand in a transfer request, but as usual nobody else will want him so he will be our No. 2.

Now lets just hope to god that Smith doesn't get injured.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Glad we have a new number 1. Is was going to say that we would need a new No. 2 as well coz Kuipers will as usual get stroppy and hand in a transfer request, but as usual nobody else will want him so he will be our No. 2.

Joke of the week. well done sir. :D

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

You've mentioned No.1 and No.2 but what about mini me ? :rolleyes:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
coz Kuipers will as usual get stroppy and hand in a transfer request, but as usual nobody else will want him so he will be our No. 2.

Glad to see Tony Godden today describing FDM as a model professional and in the top half dozen in fitness tests at the age of 35.

Competition will be interesting although my expectation is for Smith to edge it from the start.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
great news, we have 2 decent keepers.

the new guy will be no1 for sure, more than happy to have michel as deputy and ready to step in if required, hope michel doset make too much of a fuss.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here