Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grame Smith Signs

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Read the Motherwell forums and he is not rated - hopeless at crosses!!!, no loss in their view - FDM=No.1

Sour grapes I would think. Kuipers is alright, but I think the new lad will be our keeper. We'll find out on August 8th. I guess!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I feel like all my christmases have come at once. Managers of the albion have been cruel to me in recent times by taking away all my figures of ridicule (Fraser, Revell, Henderson etc) and leaving me with no fun to be had in the 'abuse the players' stakes. But this guy is just a PRESENT. He's a jock, rival to God, and dodgy on crosses. I already hate him!

Jock Joke OUT OUT OUT. Hope he gets injured in pre-season:yahoo:

My serious prediction though is this: Smith, as a Slade signing, will get the nod to start the season as number one but will fail to convince. I'm not saying he'll be Henderson-bad, maybe just a bit erratic with good games marred by a few gaffes. The fans will get a bit restless, and Russell will give Michel a chance at some point. Spurred on by the competition, he'll be decent, and we'll have a proper goalie battle again.

Or maybe we could all just support whoever Russell Slade decides to make number one (but that is probably too much to ask.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Back in the old days you would read the back of the Evening Argus that we had signed a new goalie and then pass judgement after watching his first appearance.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
As a Slade signing he will start with the shirt, no doubt about that. He hasn't come all the way down here to sit on the bench.

It's a bit like everyone saying Tunicliffe will start at rightback, we've paid money for him, he's highly rated and he's a Slade signing, he will be starting CB.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Read the Motherwell forums and he is not rated - hopeless at crosses!!!, no loss in their view - FDM=No.1

Hmm, I am trying to think of a keeper we haven't signed who hadn't - at some stage - been reported as being dodgy on crosses. Every keeper misses them sometimes.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
As a Slade signing he will start with the shirt, no doubt about that. He hasn't come all the way down here to sit on the bench.

And there was me thinking that the manager and the goalkeeping coach would assess them both during the friendlies and the training sessions and play the one that seemed in the best form.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im starting tho think it would actually be better to let Kuipers go...as it will put an end to all of this shite once and for all.

Hes not a no1 anymore, hes a very fit man at 35 granted but still injury prone.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Im starting tho think it would actually be better to let Kuipers go...as it will put an end to all of this shite once and for all.

Hes not a no1 anymore, hes a very fit man at 35 granted but still injury prone.

Yes but this shite is - at the moment anyway - just confined to NSC. We have no concrete evidence that Michel has got the hump just because Russell's signed another keeper.

I'd have thought given his individual circs that he will - for now anyway - keep smiling and take the money.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's clear that we need another goalkeeper at the club because Kuipers is reaching an age where injuries take longer to get over and reflexes become slower, etc., etc. What I don't understand is why so many on here are always ready to criticise and knock Kuipers whenever his name gets mentioned on a thread. Why the animosity towards him? I don't get it.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Or maybe we could all just support whoever Russell Slade decides to make number one (but that is probably too much to ask.

No chance Mate, until we get shot of Kipper the clown no other goalkeeper will stand a chance.

The Kipper Krew are the single biggest reason why Brighton have been struggling these past 3 or 4 years. Somehow these people have forced other managers to put a liability in goal thus making us a weaker team.

He HAS to go for other keepers to be given a decent shot.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I thinks its animosity towards the people that think he is unreplaceable and the best keeper since sliced bread.

I love Michel, great servant to the club but his time is up in my eyes.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
No chance Mate, until we get shot of Kipper the clown no other goalkeeper will stand a chance.

The Kipper Krew are the single biggest reason why Brighton have been struggling these past 3 or 4 years. Somehow these people have forced other managers to put a liability in goal thus making us a weaker team.

Oh joy....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

What a load of nonsense. Kipper the clown? How long did you take to think that one up?

Shouldn't you be supporting whoever SLADE decides to play in goal-even if it is Kuipers instead of clinging on to your conspiracy theory that 'these people' have forced a succession of managers to play Kuipers over every other keeper we've had at the club? I guess you didn't see who was in goal for us in Cardiff then? Who are 'these people' anyway? I guess I must be one of them because I don't want to join your little Kuipers Must Go Because He's Been Holding Us Back for 3 or 4 years Club.

For the record-if Smith is Slade's first choice he'll have my support. If Kuipers is Slade's first choice will he have yours?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
What a load of nonsense. Kipper the clown? How long did you take to think that one up?

Shouldn't you be supporting whoever SLADE decides to play in goal-even if it is Kuipers instead of clinging on to your conspiracy theory that 'these people' have forced a succession of managers to play Kuipers over every other keeper we've had at the club? I guess you didn't see who was in goal for us in Cardiff then? Who are 'these people' anyway? I guess I must be one of them because I don't want to join your little Kuipers Must Go Because He's Been Holding Us Back for 3 or 4 years Club.

For the record-if Smith is Slade's first choice he'll have my support. If Kuipers is Slade's first choice will he have yours?

Come on, it is well known that there are a minority of people who want every keeper to fail for no other reason than because they are not Kipper. They have never given any other keeper a chance. Even Ben Roberts who was still good enough for Premiership football when he was with us was targetted by these people for a while.

As far as support goes, if Kipper is in goal then I hope he does well (unlike his fans who want every other keeper to fail just so that he gets back in the team, and that includes him - who can forget Bournemouth when he acted like he'd won the lottery when we conceded that last minute goal to lose the match) - I never barrack players when they are on the pitch. It will be heart in mouth time every time the ball goes near him though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
and that includes him - who can forget Bournemouth when he acted like he'd won the lottery when we conceded that last minute goal to lose the match) - .

Please tell me that that statement is bollocks :ohmy:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Come on. He raped your Mum didn't he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here