Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grame Smith Signs

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I think that kuipers is one of the club's highest earners, earning something like 4k a week. If i am correct, then surely he will be our first choice keeper, getting payed double the amount of Smith

if slade picks a team based on who earns more, then we are going to be in a world of trouble. its exactly the sort of thing you could see adams doing, but thankfully, not slade

if this chap has been tracked by the old firm and been in the scotland squad then as has been said, you cant imagine he is not going to be better than kuipers. if he does take the number one jersey, then it will be the end of kuipers career here, as he will either put in a transfer request, or if he doesnt then there is no way his contract is going to be renewed at the end of the season without an astronomical drop in wages

to be honest, i think the only reason kuipers is still here is because he had a two year contract. if it was the other way around, and it had have been him out of contract and sullivan with a year remanining, then we probably would be discussing whether sullivan was good enough to be number one this season

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
From the Motherwell fans' forum earlier in the summer

Smith - In my opinion has always been average. Has no control over the penalty area at doesn't install confidence whatsoever at corners or crossed balls. He is a good shot stopper but there is more to being a keeper than that. He appears to have a strange misconception over this contract issue that he may get a better move and he is better than Motherwell? I would love to know why.

There seems to be a lot of bad feeling because he made it clear very early on that he would be leaving when his contract expired so suspect the comments are more negative than may be justified by his performances. They are amused that he could be benchwarming for Kuipers - can't see it myself - he is our new No1 in my opinion.
Spot on. Expect the same from some of our fans if Murray leaves.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Mick Harford to Slade:

'Can we loan a midfielder from you. We will pay 75% of his wages'

Slade

'Sure you can have El Abd'

Hardford

'He is crap'

Slade

'Oh Ok you can have Liverpate.

Doubt it.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
to be honest, i think the only reason kuipers is still here is because he had a two year contract. if it was the other way around, and it had have been him out of contract and sullivan with a year remanining, then we probably would be discussing whether sullivan was good enough to be number one this season

spot on IMO :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is there any chance whatsoever that this guy can just be welcomed to the club without this thread descending into one of the usual Kuipers binfests?

I'll check back later :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
I think that kuipers is one of the club's highest earners, earning something like 4k a week. If i am correct, then surely he will be our first choice keeper, getting payed double the amount of Smith

What? So are you saying that we should just pay Smith over £4k a week, even if he hasn't asked for it, for him to constitute being number 1?!

Makes no odds what currently players are being paid as to whether theyllbe replaced by new ones. If Michel is on that much then I wouldn't be at all surprised if we made him available for transfer.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What? So are you saying that we should just pay Smith over £4k a week, even if he hasn't asked for it, for him to constitute being number 1?!

Makes no odds what currently players are being paid as to whether theyllbe replaced by new ones. If Michel is on that much then I wouldn't be at all surprised if we made him available for transfer.

No, HG201 was making the same point you're trying to make. Foolg said Smith is coming in on 2k a week, so would be too expensive to be a bench warmer. G201 was saying kuipers gets double, so following Fool's logic he would get the nod.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

I dont think that is what he is trying to say. I think its more the suprise that our (presumably) back up keeper is going to be on 4k a week, which for a league 1 club seems a lot of money. Im not saying Kuipers should be number one because he is the higher earner btw!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
From what I remember, Kuipers transfer requests came under Mcghee who seemed to fall out with a lot of players (not the sign of someone with god man management skills) and Dean Wilkins who we were frequently told had no man management skills.

Perhaps slade has the skills to keep kuipers happy, even as a bench warmer.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
No, HG201 was making the same point you're trying to make. Foolg said Smith is coming in on 2k a week, so would be too expensive to be a bench warmer. G201 was saying kuipers gets double, so following Fool's logic he would get the nod.

I was by no means suggesting Smith should be back up based on wages, more that i presume smith will be number one given the interest he supposedly had in him, and his call ups to the scotland squad, and that 4k a week is quite a bit for a back up keeper!

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham

Thankyou, somebody that understands my post :yahoo:

Dosser

Feb 22, 2009
Did wonder about the "squeaky" nickname :lolol:

Nothing to do with his voice, or his hyperactive behaviour.

If he hadn't recently become a dad, you might wonder where the voice comes from though!

The 'Well fans are just a wee bit peeved he's left for nothing. To be fair, Smith always said this contract would be one that suited his family - just a shame he was touting himself in the press before last season had ended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here