Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grame Smith Signs

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
You need help. I thought Withdean Wanderer and The Badger were biased, but you are obsessed.

If we are back on the Kuipers thing then I think if you ask Badger or East London Seagull (two of the people I have spoken most about him to) they will both tell you that I dont actually think Kuipers is an awful keeper. In fact for a 3rd tier team like ourselves then he's probably OK. What annoys me is the blinkered view a lot of people have of him and also the way other keepers are not given a chance or put under so much pressure that they find it impossible to perform.

I just think that that kind of "support" is no good for our team.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
At the end of the day lads, does anyone truely believe Smith comes here without being told he will be the number one come the 1st league game?

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
At the end of the day lads, does anyone truely believe Smith comes here without being told he will be the number one come the 1st league came?

You dont give up being a regular starter in the SPL to go and sit on a bench at a league 1 club do you, Signing Smith has signalled the beginning of the end for the big Dutchman.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Amazing isn't it. Here we have a guy who has served the club superbly for nearly a decade, putting in consistently brilliant performances over all his time here. Indeed, even during the Zamora years, when we had our best player since the 1980s, Michel was just as important to us. And he's been pretty damn good since then also. But to some people that isn't good enough. "He can't kick" people still whinge, despite the fact his kicking has been as good as any other keeper for a couple of years now. And the old favourite, "Other keepers have replaced him as number one," always comes out too. So what? Outside a TINY group of players, you show me anyone who has been first choice for one club for ten years. There aren't many at all. The man is a legend, and his legacy will live on for years after he finally departs. There may be a few idiots like Chez who slag him off for no reason, but I'll tell you a FACT: there is no more popular player currently at the club than Michel Kuipers.

It is amazing how none of the Kuipers is god crowd understand other people's views. Most people who argue with you don't question his ability, they question whether if Russell Slade chooses Graeme Smith as number one (as he hopefully will do) you will accept that and support him or criticise him as often as possible as your comment earlier in this thread suggests. What annoys a lot of fans is some people believe Kuipers is god and all other keepers are crap and only there to slag off.

In a previous thread I remember you saying Henderson's mistake at Bournemouth and booing him off were a great moment. Personally I support all players who play for Brighton (which does not mean I believe they should all be selected or are good enough) but I question whether that is true with you.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I just want to say welcome to our great club Graeme... may the best goalie win the place... I will support either one who is playing on the day... we needed 2 good goalies, and now we have them... this is fantastic news for our club...

Can you honestly say you said that when Henderson initially came in for Kuipers.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Can you honestly say you said that when Henderson initially came in for Kuipers.

Yes... however, soon realised he (Hendo) was a liability... as I always say, we MUGGED PNE with that sale...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here