Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Brown Labour Speech - Sickening

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
so all of a sudden Labour are in favour of more regulation. Do you know how many speeches Ed Balls made less than 2 years ago advocating a light touch regulatory approach?

It's simply not good enough to try and pin this on the Tories. In power for 11 years, the only western nation facing recession, inflation out of control, borrowing at record high, confidence in the PM at record low and a third more children in poverty than when they took office according to radio 4.

Time for a change.
Agree with quite a lot of that, but if you want change, don't vote Tory.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
How on earth is the Government responsible the reckless activities of currency speculators and irresponsible lending by banks?
how the f*** have currency speculators got anything to do with it ?

or is this just another case of jump on the " city is evil" bandwagon by somebody who doesnt really have a clue.

Yes, Spielberg, doff your little cap to your Old Etonian betters while slagging off the disabled and the poor. You, and all those like you on here, should read 'The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists' by Robert Tressell. Divide and rule....

Now there's a book worth reading; the only one Tressell wrote I think - anyone know any decent painter and decorator firms in Hastings?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't know why people get so worked up about politics in this country. Whoever is in power who can tell the difference ? We all know that a politician will say anything they think will get your attention and your vote yet seldom do we see any evidence that they will make the changes they offer.

At least we get the chance to vote for somebody unlike some, despite for futile they are.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Mrs Brown starting and introducing my husband, er, Gordon Brown, Cheap and cynical shot. - yuck

I do not use my children in photoshoots " my children aren't props there people " - yuck.

I value the NHS ever since my glass eye was put in - yuck.

So basically, to some up your political beliefs form that quote, you'll vote for anyone that's against the NHS and likes using their children for publicity purposes?
It's quite a manifesto

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What makes me so F***ING ANGRY is the way that ordinary people who are having a rough time pick on other ordinary people who they perceive as having 'a cushy time' rather than, say, the super rich scum who flaunt their wealth in our faces....and menace our savings, and our futures, for their own personal profit....

Yes, Spielberg, doff your little cap to your Old Etonian betters while slagging off the disabled and the poor. You, and all those like you on here, should read 'The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists' by Robert Tressell. Divide and rule....

Don't play the emotional card. there are too many skivers and shirkers allowed to sit and home and doing nothing. I see it all around me. The Labour government have been and continue to be a very soft touch for people who do not like the idea of having to work and contribute to society to get by.

I agree the super rich are on bed with Labour, like Alan Sugar and the City fat Cats which is even worse, its the middle band who are screwed especially if you have no kids.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Don't play the emotional card. there are too many skivers and shirkers allowed to sit and home and doing nothing. I see it all around me. The Labour government have been and continue to be a very soft touch for people who do not like the idea of having to work and contribute to society to get by.

I agree the super rich are on bed with Labour, like Alan Sugar and the City fat Cats which is even worse, its the middle band who are screwed especially if you have no kids.

Bollocks.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Very intelligent, you've convinced me anyway.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I still don't understand how US has seen all these shirkers sitting at home doing nothing. He must be the dirty old man many here had him down for, staring through council house windows and rubbing himself off over the proles' lethargy

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am not saying worthy people do not deserve state support. I am saying with this Government unless you have kids, lots of, preferably from a home where the couple are not married you do not exist. There comes a point when things are so bad you have to say " what about me ". I am saying " what about me " and all the other people who are contributing without taking anything out and getting nothing from this government.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I still don't understand how US has seen all these shirkers sitting at home doing nothing. He must be the dirty old man many here had him down for, staring through council house windows and rubbing himself off over the proles' lethargy

Diry Old Man :D

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I thought he did quite well, played on his experience, came out with some sound bites that will help his party start to fight back; 'not the time for novices' and some examples of how they differ to other partys i.e putting Northern Rock in public owenership, minimim wage and making the Bank of England independent. Came across as sincere when talking about losing his sight (support for NHS) and not wanting to use his kids as political tools.

I am sure he is like all politicians these days he has to spin and do sound bites, perhaps he is the best of a bad bunch.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
so all of a sudden Labour are in favour of more regulation. Do you know how many speeches Ed Balls made less than 2 years ago advocating a light touch regulatory approach?

It's simply not good enough to try and pin this on the Tories. In power for 11 years, the only western nation facing recession, inflation out of control, borrowing at record high, confidence in the PM at record low and a third more children in poverty than when they took office according to radio 4.

Time for a change.

even if you're not sure of exactly what that change is?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
he was a pr man, not an "advisor".

Cameron advised them on PR matters. PR people dont just do what they're told, they advise and shape and can walk away if it is against their morals.

Morals and Cameron - not words often found in the same paragraph.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Cameron advised them on PR matters. PR people dont just do what they're told, they advise and shape and can walk away if it is against their morals.

Morals and Cameron - not words often found in the same paragraph.

a bit like michael meacher and hypocrisy, often found in the same sentence, i saw him doing the usual slagging of fat cats on tv, he owns six houses for fucks sake!

even if you're not sure of exactly what that change is?

My personal beliefs are that I want less money spend on the state (black holes such as the NHS) and less state support for those not needing/deserving of it. I'll vote Conservative at the next election because they are more likely to deliver these things. Not likely, I'll grant you, but more likely than if we have Labour for another four years, no? At least we may get steps along the way.

Yes politics in this country is stuck in a rut to some degree, but ultimately we have to vote for the party that (historically, at least) has supported our viewpoint. How else are we expected to get postive (from an individuals perspective) change?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
a bit like michael meacher and hypocrisy, often found in the same sentence, i saw him doing the usual slagging of fat cats on tv, he owns six houses for fucks sake!
You have replied to a genuine concern that Cameron is immoral and less than forthcoming with his ideals with some childish tit for tat point about Michael Meacher owning 6 houses.

If that's the best you can do in favour of the Tories, it doesn't paint them in a very good light does it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here