Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Brown Labour Speech - Sickening

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
I am not saying worthy people do not deserve state support. I am saying with this Government unless you have kids, lots of, preferably from a home where the couple are not married you do not exist. There comes a point when things are so bad you have to say " what about me ". I am saying " what about me " and all the other people who are contributing without taking anything out and getting nothing from this government.

'What about me', 'what about me'.......

as much as it breaks my heart to hear of the terrible situation you find yourself in US, please don't play the emotional card.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
'What about me', 'what about me'.......

as much as it breaks my heart to hear of the terrible situation you find yourself in US, please don't play the emotional card.

:thumbsup:

You have replied to a genuine concern that Cameron is immoral and less than forthcoming with his ideals with some childish tit for tat point about Michael Meacher owning 6 houses.

If that's the best you can do in favour of the Tories, it doesn't paint them in a very good light does it?

Are you seriously suggesting that because Cameron was a PR man for a firm that went bust, he's somehow immoral? You accuse Rusthall of stooping low in his defence of the Tories, is that how low you have to sink to find something to accuse him of in the first place?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You have replied to a genuine concern that Cameron is immoral and less than forthcoming with his ideals with some childish tit for tat point about Michael Meacher owning 6 houses.

If that's the best you can do in favour of the Tories, it doesn't paint them in a very good light does it?
no i highlighted the genuine lack of morals in the higher echelons of the labour party,michael meachers house ownership being one of many instances of this " snouts in the trough" mentality that labour seems so keen to paint the tories and the city with, along with many incidents where conflicts of interest have been highlighted , such as share ownership and board membership to name but a few, oh and the hinduja brothers passport affair, oh and mandelson lying on his mortgage application , oh and the sexing up of the iraq dossier,oh and the cash for honours affair, but perhaps i shouldnt mention that because they were cleared with their integrity " intact", and theyve gt the f***ing nerve to go on about tory sleaze ?? :censored:

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
no i highlighted the genuine lack of morals in the higher echelons of the labour party,michael meachers house ownership being one of many instances of this " snouts in the trough" mentality that labour seems so keen to paint the tories and the city with, along with many incidents where conflicts of interest have been highlighted , such as share ownership and board membership to name but a few, oh and the hinduja brothers passport affair, oh and mandelson lying on his mortgage application , oh and the sexing up of the iraq dossier,oh and the cash for honours affair, but perhaps i shouldnt mention that because they were cleared with their integrity " intact", and theyve gt the f***ing nerve to go on about tory sleaze ?? :censored:

So, what's the point in changing one sleazy, pile of shit, lying government for another? ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Anyway, if we're talking myths - you're in no position to talk. There is a myth that Labour tax us too highly. That is simply not true.

My council tax bill says otherwise !!!! Less and worse services but for huge increases in the last 11 years. Labour hasn't had the guts to sort the unfairness of the Council Tax either - at least everybody paid their bit with the Poll Tax - much fairer.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I just LOVE these political mass debates.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
so all of a sudden Labour are in favour of more regulation. Do you know how many speeches Ed Balls made less than 2 years ago advocating a light touch regulatory approach?

It's simply not good enough to try and pin this on the Tories. In power for 11 years, the only western nation facing recession, inflation out of control, borrowing at record high, confidence in the PM at record low and a third more children in poverty than when they took office according to radio 4.

Time for a change.

What is the change that the Tories are proposing? Can you tell me? You haven't got a clue, because they haven't.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Are you seriously suggesting that because Cameron was a PR man for a firm that went bust, he's somehow immoral? You accuse Rusthall of stooping low in his defence of the Tories, is that how low you have to sink to find something to accuse him of in the first place?

I actually highlighted he was party to actions that impacted us as football supporters of a league side. He is in PR and for people to hide behind him as 'obeying orders' over that is a bit rich.

I'm not sure if he is Immoral - I dont know enough about his policies (he's done a good job of keeping those relatively quiet). I do know that something I care about was negatively impacted by his actions and his attempt to spin that situation. A deal was struck and it was welched on - is that immoral? is somebody who defends that being immoral?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Depends what you class as tax. Council tax, TV licences, road tax, MOT, passport fees, costs of PNC checks, parking fines, speeding fines, music licences, duties on petrol, we have the 8th highest corporation tax in Europe and on and on and on and on.

University fees, dentist fees, prescription charges. All risen well above inflation and well above rates 12 years ago.

What would you call the raid on pensions, OUR pensions but nothing more than a tax.

And what exactly do you think Government debt is? Quite simply deferred taxation. A f***ing great big tax on us.

Bollocks do we "not pay enough tax".

All those 'taxes' have been with us for donkey's years, and it's not as though the rest of Europe doesn't pay some kind of taxation on all or most of those items.

Prescription charges index since 1997 - 125.7
Inflation index since 1997 - 135.3

ref: another post. We are not the only country in Europe destined for recession. The EU is reporting Spain and Germany are heading into recession.

Everything, everywhere is looking shit, not just here.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Who asked you Alan :censored:

I actually highlighted he was party to actions that impacted us as football supporters of a league side. He is in PR and for people to hide behind him as 'obeying orders' over that is a bit rich.

I'm not sure if he is Immoral - I dont know enough about his policies (he's done a good job of keeping those relatively quiet). I do know that something I care about was negatively impacted by his actions and his attempt to spin that situation. A deal was struck and it was welched on - is that immoral? is somebody who defends that being immoral?

It was Simster that highlighted him as being 'immoral'. As I said before, he was a PR consultant for a firm that went bust. They didn't 'welch' on a deal. It can be argued that ITV 'welched' on the deal, as they probably could have supported ITV digital had they wished to pour money into a black hole. However ITV Digital simply ran out of money.

I'm not sure what the labour supporters on here want. When he talked about making changes to inheritance tax (one of his policies), labour jumped on the bandwagon, and there were people on here crowing about how Brown had played Cameron for a fool by getting him to reveal some policy details. But now you want to know his entire manifesto?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It was Simster that highlighted him as being 'immoral'. As I said before, he was a PR consultant for a firm that went bust. They didn't 'welch' on a deal. It can be argued that ITV 'welched' on the deal, as they probably could have supported ITV digital had they wished to pour money into a black hole. However ITV Digital simply ran out of money.

I'm not sure what the labour supporters on here want. When he talked about making changes to inheritance tax (one of his policies), labour jumped on the bandwagon, and there were people on here crowing about how Brown had played Cameron for a fool by getting him to reveal some policy details. But now you want to know his entire manifesto?

who said I am a labour supporter?

I just want to know what I'm being asked (encouraged) to sign up to.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I didn't actually say it, but I do agree with the person who did ROSM on his point about "change". WTF are we changing to?

who said I am a labour supporter?

I just want to know what I'm being asked (encouraged) to sign up to.

OK fair enough, sorry for implying that. However, the point still stands. You aren't going to see a manifesto from any party (certainly not the Opposition) for as long as it would be possible for other parties to jump on it and implement it before an election, given how similar the parties currently are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here