Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Brown Labour Speech - Sickening

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The whole Labour Ethos and maifesto is support the losers in Society. Sorry if that is not pc but its true.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why Tom. What is there from Labour for a single person or people without children who want to work hard and succeed ?. There is nothing. If I bang up a local woman and we have 3 kids. I could sign myself off through stress through job hardships, get paid every week not to work, get a computer and boradband, get hundreds of pounds each month for the brats. Hell I can even take us all to see The Wiazrd of Oz for free at the Theatre Royal this Xmas when every one else will have to pay £ 20 odd quid for a ticket.

Its a fecking joke.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
The whole Labour Ethos and maifesto is support the losers in Society. Sorry if that is not pc but its true.

Oh I agree, but it is not just singletons that are screwed. Plenty of married couples, families etc. are getting screwed just like you. It grates on my last nerve that with the internet and theatre tickets from today amongst plenty of other stuff, too.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I am a fair minded bloke but the whole Labour ethos is to support and provide for single mums and families who breed without a thought and because of their lack of planning they are broke and we have to pick up the tab.

Why the f*** should a family will kids get £ 700 for a computer and broadband, why the f*** should families with kids get free theatre tickets. What about the hard working people who have no kids and try to work damn hard to not have to rely on any state benefits. I have contributed for 30 years and not taken a single penny in state benefits.

Its all support the people with all their brats and f*** the hard working singletons.

Hahahahahahaha

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
PIPE DOWN ALAN. :angry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
PIPE DOWN ALAN. :angry:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Behave. You're better than that. Or if you're not, at least look at it SELFISHLY. Your company could go belly-up overnight. Heaven forbid, but you could suffer a stroke or a heart attack or some old thing that makes you reliant on care for the rest of your life. Any one of us could. Starting right now. Does that suddenly make you a 'loser'? Of course not. Maybe it's only then that you'd appreciate the safety net (NHS, Income Support, Minimum Wage etc etc) for what it is. You might even sometime come to appreciate the party that is guardian of the safety net. And it sure as f*** ain't the Tories.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I see it all around. Theres lots of people I see in Southwick who don't work, ever. They potter about all day on long term sick pay without seemingly anything much wrong with them. They certainly seem capable of working to me.

The singletons and hard work double incomes with no kids are there to be screwed over to support the lazy and bone idle.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Hey Uncle, isn't your mob that have got us into this economic mess, mortgage lenders and their ilk. If the US finance industry had more regulation and hadn't lent to sub prime crap then the global credit crunch would probably not have arisen. Banks would be lending to banks who would lend to the public. Northern Rock would not have had to have been bailed out etc. etc.

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007
It's all about finding a middle ground.

I work 2 jobs fulltime and partime one...60 hours every week and the mrs works fulltime. We have 2 kids and we just get by. What help do we get...none.

The current system makes people more likely not to work as they are better off not working. Thats where the problem is imo.

You need a system that recognises people who are trying to help themselves.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hey Uncle, isn't your mob that have got us into this economic mess, mortgage lenders and their ilk. If the US finance industry had more regulation and hadn't lent to sub prime crap then the global credit crunch would probably not have arisen. Banks would be lending to banks who would lend to the public. Northern Rock would not have had to have been bailed out etc. etc.

Yes, its ALL my fault.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
By the way I am not a mortgage lender.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I honestly don't understand why these speeches get so much coverage and analysis. Its just a drawn-out series of meaningless soundbites.

"And why do we always strive for fairness?
Not because it makes good soundbites.
Not because it gives good photo opportunities.
Not because it makes for good PR.
No.
We do it because fairness is in our DNA."

:rolleyes:

Struth, what a load of glib, meaningless, vaccuous TWADDLE.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And when he does that forced smile as the PR people have said he is too serious it literally makes me want to heave.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Not sure what anyone was expecting from a leader's speech at party conference. The last one of any substance from any party leader was probably 20 or more years ago. I would no more expect Brown to see 'we have f...ed up bigtime' than I would expect Adams to have said 'ok I admit it, I keep playing Virgo out of position, I have no idea how to motivate the team and I haven't kept up to date with developing football tactics for the past five years' after Saturday's abysmal performance.

It's a party conference ffs - and US you are not invited to the party (not that you want to attend, in all probability).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not todays speech, but i found Darlings position on doing something about the "city bonus culture" quite dispicable. first off, he's not doing anything, he batted it to the FSA. secondly they cant do anything as there's no power to do so. unless Labour are going to change the law to have a wage cap then theres nothing that can be done. and any simplton will realise that a wage cap will be easily circumvented. so just political grandstanding with f*** all substance.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Good old true blue US. Actually, that sums up DC as well, completely US. The tories have no policies and all they want to do is put more money in the pockets of the rich. Take their stance on Inheritance tax. Abolish it on estates less than £1,000,000. Well which members of society does that benefit, if you exclude those estates less than £300,000 (or £600,000 for married couples. You can also kiss the NHS goodbye under the tories as they don't give a shit for it. Brown is no superhero but is probably the least worst option on offer at the next election.

Oh do shut up. Absolute bollocks from start to finish.

The future's TRUE BLUE. Better get used to it. They're gonna be in power a long long time

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This man is the one who spouted on for years about prudence and stopping the boom and bust, but meanwhile he was borrowing huge amounts of money and selling our gold, incidently for the lowest price known in years, and for what? To throw money at the NHS and most has been wasted, throw money at the lazy (mainly labour heartlands). He has bred an underclass within this country that have no intention of ever contributing to the nation. His spending has now come home to roost and this country is well in the shit. To spend such as he has you have raise money and all he has ever done is borrow.

Labour as always bfore has f***ed this country for many a year.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I am a fair minded bloke but the whole Labour ethos is to support and provide for single mums and families who breed without a thought and because of their lack of planning they are broke and we have to pick up the tab.

Why the f*** should a family will kids get £ 700 for a computer and broadband, why the f*** should families with kids get free theatre tickets. What about the hard working people who have no kids and try to work damn hard to not have to rely on any state benefits. I have contributed for 30 years and not taken a single penny in state benefits.

Its all support the people with all their brats and f*** the hard working singletons.

So then, The French move is back on then again ? :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here