Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I think you landed one there Mr £1.49!

400_F_12102401_8NxTXEVcQm7d6ACXJC7AJFt9YoVzFI2E.jpg

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Why would Muzza want to leave Brighton and move to Croydon ??? He maybe northern but he's not that retarded.

Because with his new found RICHES he can afford to saddle up and get the f*** out of my town. Freedman should have made it a condition that he lives in Elmers (Bell)End

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Because with his new found RICHES he can afford to saddle up and get the f*** out of my town. Freedman should have made it a condition that he lives in Elmers (Bell)End

Why would he have to saddle up ? Do CPFC still give their players a horse drawn caravan ? I would have thought they can afford to shell out for a modern mobile home.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Still living in Brighton wouldn't be a problem but if he's out on the lash in pubs and clubs then there could be the potential for trouble after a few drinks.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'll say it again BHAExpress. This is football we are talking about, it may now be "just a business" but for many it is primarliy a tribal sport.

The usual employment rules don't apply
in an arena so highly emotive and deeply personal. It is not an employee simply leaving HSBC to work for NatWest, football is deep seated and a huge part of many people lives.

Let me give this example of another employment exemption to draw a comparison.

If I was a highly trained intel operative working at GCHQ and the Russians came along and offered me double the money to gather evidence for them about the british. I could well argue, financially its the best offer so why not maximise my skills to the highest bidder without consideration. Politics is not my problem, I'll grab the money. Conversley why not tout my skills to our countries "extremist" rivals?

Now who would care if I worked for the Irish or the Dutch? nobody, but why should I not work for Iran, or North Korea say?

Tell me why not, its just a job is it not?

No it isn't........ it is an intricate area of employment, with competing interests and ideologies that are sensitive, where things are personal, tribal(nationalist) and matter to a lot of people.

Glenn's choice is his own and like most modern footballer "guns for hire" they care little about the fans, but in footballing terms to the fans, the lifeblood of this tribal sport, the act of joining an arch rival for whatever reason is an act of treason.

Absolutely right. Football is different. Nobody is going to beat him up anyway, but he does deserve abuse.

I work in recruitment and moved to a direct competitor just down the road a few years ago and still have my old work mates take the piss and have a go at me for it. Then a couple of months ago I accepted an offer from another direct competitor (again just down the road and with people who I used to work with at my old company), and handed my notice in, only to get a counter-offer and pay rise so I stayed where I was. The people at that company were really f***ed off, and still give me (half-joking) abuse when I see them. And that is only in recruitment. I don't earn £400,000 a year or have 25,000 people stood around me cheering when I make a placement, idolising me and asking me for my autograph, who's happiness is directly affected by what I do. If I did, I would have thought twice about pissing off to a rival for a bit more money. Football is different, it isn't just a job. Murray deserves all the abuse he gets, as long as nobody actually gets violent, which they wont.

Last edited:

Jon_Ellacott

May 25, 2011
A Caravan in East Croydon
He's most welcome to come and stay on my plot by East Croydon Station any time hehe.

Joking aside, I agree with you here, it would be stupid if he stayed in Brighton, as unfortunately fans can be very unforgiving when players move to a rival club. As much as it shouldn't be that way, it does happen and some fans are willing to go too far. You would have thought that, if he understood the rivalry between our two clubs he would up sticks and move closer to Selhurst than stay in Brighton and risk fall out!!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
For me its a respect issue. He decided to sign for the wankers up the road, with the knowledge that he would be hated by us. He should up sticks and move out of the city. I won't personally shout anything outside of the stadium, and I certainly would not be violent in any way. But the sad fact of life, is that one or two of our morons in Brighton might. Inside the Amex and away at smellhurst, he's fair game for a lot of verbals.

Jon_Ellacott

May 25, 2011
A Caravan in East Croydon
For me its a respect issue. He decided to sign for the wankers up the road, with the knowledge that he would be hated by us. He should up sticks and move out of the city. I won't personally shout anything outside of the stadium, and I certainly would not be violent in any way. But the sad fact of life, is that one or two of our morons in Brighton might. Inside the Amex and away at smellhurst, he's fair game for a lot of verbals.

I think if that didn't happen it would be awfully strange if players weren't subjected to verbals at games, I mean we all saw what happened when for instance Sol Campbell left Spurs to Arsenal. It is just more a problem when some fans decide to take it beyond matchday, and both our clubs have sets of fans (as we all know) who would go that extra mile, unfortunately. For that reason it would be better for Murray if he did move rather than stay in Brighton. I'd hate to see what would happen if he went for a night out now in the clubs or pubs in Brighton!!

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
His bird is Brighton born and bred - she won't move, so he won't move.

I'll give him some stick when I see his **** **, parked on ********** ****.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

devonsi

"By-The-Sea"
Dec 26, 2008
Plymouth
He was a BIG part of getting us into the Championship & would still be with us if Gus & Tony had thought he was worth it, besides he's now gotta go to PalArse to work, think thats enough of a punishment for the poor Sod! eeh!

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
His bird is Brighton born and bred - she won't move, so he won't move.

I'll give him some stick when I see his **** **, parked on ********** ****.

I like that the car could be a host of things ranging from 'Audi TT' or 'Ford KA'...

Seriously though (even though this entire thread seems to be void of cast-iron facts) I'm pleased, if true, that he's decided to stay in Brighton, because it's an excellent stick with which to beat any Palace friends with.

"You do know that your new striker actually doesn't want to live anywhere near your ground, yeah...?" etc. That's priceless.

Last edited:

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011

Some of society in the UK in general.

Away from football, there's plenty of 'grime' about, looking for road or parking rage, barging in crowds or pubs, to demonstrate to their tiny brains their manliness.

Just happens, some of them like football.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
How about we stop posting stories about the bloke (im even bored of his name now!) & start talking about something more interesting,
for example any other topic apart from him....

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here