Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray living in Brighton

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Pff, for shouting wanker at someone? While he obviously shouldnt be in any physical danger, i hope someone spray paints the word judas onto his drive or the pavement outside his house. Or some similar message.

It's a public order offence although I agree unlikely to lead to an arrest. However it's pretty pathetic at the end of the day, Glen Murray did what was best for Glen Murray and why the hell shouldn't he ? Think about it, he'll be a lot less of a threat playing for Palace than SCC or Derby in any case.

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
I dont hope he breaks both legs. I hope he has a nothing season and does not score any more than 8 goals.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I dont hope he breaks both legs. I hope he has a nothing season and does not score any more than 8 goals.

OK both legs is a bit harsh...

Just the one and a nice ping of the cruciate on the other at the same time :lol:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I really do hope that there is no damage or violence/threats made and for the vast majority of people I think we can be sure it wont happen. TYhere are however nutters out there and every club has them. They are not reflective of the wider supporter base.

On a slightly different note, I remember reading a story from Sol Campbell after he went to Arsenal. He was walking through Carnaby street and a boy walked past him and said to his dad 'that's Sol campbell' to which the dad replied 'he used to be; yes'. The son (who was about 6) followed up with 'aah yes - we now call him Judas Bastard'. At which point Campbell, his friends and the dad all started laughing.

murraymint

Aug 13, 2008
It's quite ironic than in the 3 1/2 yrs he was with us he twice tried to upsticks back up north....and now he's gone he wants to stay!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Whatever the feelings of probably 95% of Albion fans that it shouldn't matter that Glenn decides to stay in Brighton, he'd need to be incredibly thick skinned and a bit thick to do it. There are some right phsyco nutters who follow the Albion and does he really want to put him himself and even more so, his girlfriend, through the shit that they are innevitably gonna get from time to time. Worse still he won't know when it's gonna happen

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It's a public order offence although I agree unlikely to lead to an arrest. However it's pretty pathetic at the end of the day, Glen Murray did what was best for Glen Murray and why the hell shouldn't he ? Think about it, he'll be a lot less of a threat playing for Palace than SCC or Derby in any case.

Do you know Palace are our rivals ?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Go on i dare ya!

Yes it's a shame he's left us & even more of a shame he's gone to Palarse. But he shouldn't be harrassed or intimidated because he'd rather live in glorious Brighton than the concrete ghetto of Croydon.

On the other hand...

if your girlfriend dumps you and starts going out with a v.d ridden, pikey, cock juggling thundercunt would you want her still sharing your apartment?

No matter how many people protest on here, he's going to get abuse. How severe it is is a different question but it's absolutely nailed on that he's going to get some.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm all for giving him a little stick but it shouldn't affect his personal life. Thats taking it a little too far IMO.

This ... why the f*** does it matter who plays for whom. It's a game of bloody football.

We worry about where Glenn Murray lives but we don't have a clue where bail hostels are, where early released rapists and murders live; come on guys he's decided to play for another team in the same way we decide to switch footie teams, change pubs and switch f**king bank accounts.

A bit of booing, singing and laughing during a game is one thing personal abuse and intimidation IS stepping WELL over the line.

Let the binfest commence! (But I'm right)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
On the other hand...

if your girlfriend dumps you and starts going out with a v.d ridden, pikey, cock juggling thundercunt would you want her still sharing your apartment?

No matter how many people protest on here, he's going to get abuse. How severe it is is a different question but it's absolutely nailed on that he's going to get some.

During the match not outside of football

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
it's pretty pathetic at the end of the day, Glen Murray did what was best for Glen Murray and why the hell shouldn't he ?

This is football we are talking about, it may now be "just a business" but for many it is primarliy a tribal sport.

The usual employment rules don't apply in an arena so highly emotive and deeply personal. It is not an employee simply leaving HSBC to work for NatWest, football is deep seated and a huge part of many people lives.

Let me give this example of another employment exemption to draw a comparison.

If I was a highly trained intel operative working at GCHQ and the Russians came along and offered me double the money to gather evidence for them about the british. I could well argue, financially its the best offer so why not maximise my skills to the highest bidder without consideration. Politics is not my problem, I'll grab the money. Conversley why not tout my skills to our countries "extremist" rivals?

Now who would care if I worked for the Irish or the Dutch? nobody, but why should I not work for Iran, or North Korea say?

Tell me why not, its just a job is it not?

No it isn't........ it is an intricate area of employment, with competing interests and ideologies that are sensitive, where things are personal, tribal(nationalist) and matter to a lot of people.

Glenn's choice is his own and like most modern footballer "guns for hire" they care little about the fans, but in footballing terms to the fans, the lifeblood of this tribal sport, the act of joining an arch rival for whatever reason is an act of treason.

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I couldn't give a toss where he lives.

Although I'd have loved him to stay, I also don't really care he's gone, and I couldn't give a shit he's turned Pikey.

I think Our loss is their loss as well, as they have paid well over the odds for a good striker, who will never be a great striker, even though he possess the ability to be so.

I think he'll have a slow start, drop down the pecking order, and end up on loan somewhere by the end of the season.

Poyet knows his true worth, and that's why he didn't sign him for next season.

The only chant I'll send it way is "Brighton Reject" and truely think he is, because if the wanted to keep him, it would have done, but we rejected his outrageous wages demands, and Palarse being desperate were willing to pay well over the odds for him. If I was a Palace supporter (not only would I kill myself) I would not be bragging about poaching Murray, more worried about why we are paying well over the odds to get him!

World of Sport

Mar 9, 2007
WSU
I know he didn't play for th Albion, but in the 70's Palace keeper John Jackson owned a clothes shop in London Road near to where Maplins is now. Can't remember any repercussions there.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
He is a wanker signing for Palace, but moving for a bigger salary is understandable...who wouldn't if your honest. He is not likely to have much earning power after football being a thick northern monkey.

I am more pissed off that the club didn't keep hold of him, you can't have enough goal scorers.

Anyway sensible aside, whats his address Im going to egg him cos Im wellard

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
i never thought i was a neanderthal, but perhaps i am.

If he stays in brighton i hope someone breaks his nose in the street.

Bobby Zamora got DEATH THREATS ffs when he was thinking of signing for them...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here