Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray living in Brighton

D

Deleted User X18H

He lives in Hove actually . Quite near St Annes Wells in fact!

Quite frankly, if you don't see the need to shout abuse at Murray Iscariot then you lack the emotional capacity to support this great club. Off to Crawley with you please.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There are, what, 250,000 people in Brighton & Hove. We have about 18,000 season ticket holders....maybe half of them live in the city itself (if that). Murray has been, until now, a third/fourth division striker his entire career so his face isn't exactly well known. So roughly 5% of the population know who he is, and the greater majority of them wouldn't in a million years start gobbling off at him in the street, let alone contemplate keying his car.

This isn't Liverpool, or Manchester, or London, where the players are all instantly recognisable to millions. I reckon Murray has probably weighed up the odds of being subjected to abuse or whatever and has concluded that he'll be quite safe...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We do seem to have a high proportion of soft-lads supporting this club. Could you imagine if Gerrard went to Man Utd or Giggs to liverpool. They wouldn't be able to set foot in the town again. With our lot it's all "well he took a higher paid job, no harm in that"

That's a rubbish comparison though. Gerrard is a Liverpool boy, not a gifted, but emotionally uninvolved transient footballer, like Murray. Tevez is a better example, and he's had no issue.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I do think a lot of people who SAY they'd abuse him, would actually think twice about it if they saw Murray in Churchill Square. Particularly if they were with the wife & kids at the time for example.

Then again if you're the sort of person who would quite happily shout "judas ****" at a bloke in front of your kids, then I suppose reason isn't your strong point.

Don't get me wrong, it pisses me off that he's gone, though I'm becoming more and more "meh" about it by the day, but even though I might think he's a cock, I would no more shout that at him in the street than I would run up to him and give him a slap.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
He'd better watch out if I see him in town. I'd give hime such a DIRTY LOOK.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The fact he is staying after the reason the transfer request was he wasnt settled just makes it all worse

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He'd better watch out if I see him in town. I'd give hime such a DIRTY LOOK.

Oooh, and I might actually GLARE, possibly involving a curled lip and the raising of an EYEBROW. Don't try and stop me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oooh, and I might actually GLARE, possibly involving a curled lip and the raising of an EYEBROW. Don't try and stop me.

I'm going to practice at home, so I'm ARMED and READY. The look needs to invoke UTTER disgust, and CONTEMPT, but with a pinch of PITY, and a healthy dose of DISAPPOINTMENT.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm going to practice at home, so I'm ARMED and READY. The look needs to invoke UTTER disgust, and CONTEMPT, but with a pinch of PITY, and a healthy dose of DISAPPOINTMENT.

I've seen you do that toward Dean Hammond - he was literally QUAKING in his boots

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

I think the contempt/pity look is the way to go, perhaps with a frisson of DERISION coming from deep within the eyes, the tilt of my head conveying just the right amount of MIFFED to ensure he knows he's not welcome, all finished off with a final sprinkling of MEH.

He will RUN to Croydon when he sees it.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
It's a bit like when Rab C Nesbitt is caught evading his fare on the Glasgow metro. As he's thrown off he starts shouting at the other passengers;

' I know your faces. I know your faces. And if I see yous on the street............. I'll ignore yous'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here