Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Beyonce is not the type of shit i pay to watch, i saw her at the dome and she spent 50 mins saying 'hello london'

if you'd rather watch that then a band like coldplay then in my honest opinion, your f***ing bent :)

2 things.

1- so you did pay to watch her at the dome?
2 - bent because he would prefer to pay to watch a woman perform as opposed to a bunch of blokes?

and putting a smiley after being rude makes you look like an idiot.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
2 things.

1- so you did pay to watch her at the dome?
2 - bent because he would prefer to pay to watch a woman perform as opposed to a bunch of blokes?

and putting a smiley after being rude makes you look like an idiot.

Hi Normal Rob

Thanks for your comment

1- no, i didn't pay to watch her at the dome, I already said that I wouldn't pay to watch her, i had free tickets, and if I say that Katie Price was the better performer on the night, I think you'll begin to understand just how diabolical she was :):):):):):):):)

2- If your asking me if I would prefer to watch the likes of Coldplay, Oasis, Pulp, Blur, U2, you know, proper bands (or bunches of men) at Glastonbury than somebody like Beyonce then yes call me bent all day long :):):):):):):)

Thanks again for your comment

x

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Beyonce - talk about taking the piss - did she actually sing anything live beyond the occasional "Oh-oh oh oh oh oh oh oh" while the backing tapes did the rest?

I watched bits and pieces of Beyonce in between watching some of the earlier highlights on iPlayer. Her big tunes were great, but to be honest there was too much of her stuff I didn't know for me to really enjoy it.

In general, a slight issue I have with her is that she picks some really weird notes in songs - I assume it's in part due to her amazing vocals, but it strikes me that (live, at least, I haven't heard this stuff recorded) she'll jump around the octaves quite a bit just because she can.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Coldplay absolutely blew every other act out of the Water. Their set was one of the greatest rock concerts of all time. The new songs sound immense and their songs like The Scientist, In My Place and Fix You are a hundred times better than 99% of the songs performed by the other acts. I think deep down the detractors know that and are talking bollocks to keep up the anti Coldplay diatribe as they perceive this to make them cool and with it. I would respect them more if they were honest and said " ok not my cup of tea but they gave a great show ".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Coldplay absolutely blew every other act out of the Water. Their set was one of the greatest rock concerts of all time. The new songs sound immense and their songs like The Scientist, In My Place and Fix You are a hundred times better than 99% of the songs performed by the other acts. I think deep down the detractors know that and are talking bollocks to keep up the anti Coldplay diatribe as they perceive this to make them cool and with it. I would respect them more if they were honest and said " ok not my cup of tea but they gave a great show ".

Maybe a bit of a hyperbole but I agree that they were very watchable and the crowd did seem to be lapping it up. The NSC music nazis will be along shortly to diss both our opinions

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Hi Normal Rob

Thanks for your comment

1- no, i didn't pay to watch her at the dome, I already said that I wouldn't pay to watch her, i had free tickets, and if I say that Katie Price was the better performer on the night, I think you'll begin to understand just how diabolical she was :):):):):):):):)

2- If your asking me if I would prefer to watch the likes of Coldplay, Oasis, Pulp, Blur, U2, you know, proper bands (or bunches of men) at Glastonbury than somebody like Beyonce then yes call me bent all day long :):):):):):):)

Thanks again for your comment

x

erm - i never called you bent. I just made reference to the fact that misuse of smileys can make you look like an idiot.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Coldplay are a middle-class version of Oasis for me, they also had a fantastic first album with some cracking anthems, pretty good 2nd album, but cracks starting to show already. Since then, disappearing fast up their own arseholes, faster than Bono can say "Ah, to be sure, so it is"

I fear the Arctic Monkeys are to repeat history too.

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland

just got back.. well when i say that im mean my body is home but it maybe a few few days until the rest of me returns... having had the absolute pleasure of seeing this live I can honestly say Coldplay were outstanding.. the crowd of 100k + did indeed lap it up.. they did however have the advantage of day 3, sunny weather.. everyone been up for it and 'on it' all day and the set was suited to the diverse glasto audience.. missed U2 (not a fan) Primal scream were very good but driving rain and 6 inches of mud was not ideal.. other than that Beyonce stuggled to get people to sing.. she was amazing but by day 4 the mud had taken its toll.. great show though and fab glasto 2011 i.. Orbital live will be my lasting memory.

Jan 30, 2008
Maybe a bit of a hyperbole but I agree that they were very watchable and the crowd did seem to be lapping it up. The NSC music nazis will be along shortly to diss both our opinions
pretty drab , no ones doubting their appeal , bearing in mind Glastonbury's commercial appeal how about Example headlining next year

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

You really are an utter bellend.

EVERYTHING with you is either MASSIVELY shit, or the GREATEST thing EVER.

Coldplay's Glasto singalong was neither of those things.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I am surprised to say gareth I completely agree with you. Just got back myself and Coldplay's set was a real highlight. For me it was the audience that made it memorable, they just went nuts and it was impossible to not get sucked in by the surrounding euphoria. I thought the band were terrific and the show spectacular. Totally revised my opinion of Coldplay after that, I think Yellow was a highlight of the weekend for me. Have to say in terms of tunes I preferred the U2 set who had to work hard in front of a non partisan crowd. Pretty much every tune was a belter and just showed what a huge amount of great songs they have.

All in all a terrific week in the muddy fields of Somerset. 90% of the bands I saw I had not seen, or in some cases heard, before, so it was great to discover some new stuff. I've already banged on about Sparrow who can be found on the new bands segment of the BBC website, but there were people like Yuck and Dry The River who made a good first impression. Thought Jimmy Cliff and Kool and The Gang were awesome too. Shangri-La was an absolute hoot as always and I manged to find the Church of the Blessed Bono this year which was hilarious. The Common was top too, as was the late night goings on in the Circus and Cabaret fields.

Still the best festival for me, it is just an utterly unique experience.

Last edited:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Did you see all the other acts? Di you see any of the other acts? How many rock concerts have you seen to say that was one of the greats of all time? Just curious to know from what position of authority you make this statement. 100 times better than 99% of the other acts? Hmm....methinks you're getting a tad carried away.

I'd respect your opinions more, you know, if you weren't so black and white about everything.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
according to the people there, lazy Habits played an excellent set ( it was a packed stage on at the same time as Beyonce) and received some excellent reviews.

Worth all the hassle seemly!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

I absolutely LOVE it when US posts like this - after photos of the bogs at the Amex they are my favourite things about NSC, ever. Keep it up!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here