Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I must admit I was watching Paul Simon (who to be fair looked extremely unwell in his interview afterwards) and thought how boring it must be watching the performance, especially in that heat.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wore my 83 shirt at Glasto. There was a lot of love for the Albion there. Sometimes I get the impression we have become the opposite of Millwall - everyone likes us - number of shouts and pats on the back you get is weird.

Anyway music-wise John Grant, Elbow, Horrors. Bono's phone call to the International Space Station was good, Coldplay made me change my mind about them. Paul Simon was the most boring thing I have ever seen.

Nice to meet you in the field Tubthumper. sorry i was so zoned out! I still am.

Ha ha. No worries. Was a nice surprise to emerge from my tent for the last time and see an Albion shirt just before I packed up and departed. Shame I didn't pick up on the fact you were practically camped next door to us a lot earlier.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats my World Hans. Everything is Black or White. There is no middle ground.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You really are an utter bellend.

EVERYTHING with you is either MASSIVELY shit, or the GREATEST thing EVER.

Coldplay's Glasto singalong was neither of those things.

See above.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Seriously though I have been to around 100 live concerts I would say over the last 30 years and seen countless others on tv and would count Coldplay on Saturday as certainly in the top 10. Beyonce is the full package with a great voice but the songs leave me cold so I turned it off after 15 minutes. I liked Jessie J ( the English Rhianna ) , U2 were middling, Elbow were good but their songs are hit and miss although the singer has one of the most soulful and beautiful voices in the business.

Jan 30, 2008
Seriously though I have been to around 100 live concerts I would say over the last 30 years and seen countless others on tv and would count Coldplay on Saturday as certainly in the top 10. Beyonce is the full package with a great voice but the songs leave me cold so I turned it off after 15 minutes. I liked Jessie J ( the English Rhianna ) , U2 were middling, Elbow were good but their songs are hit and miss although the singer has one of the most soulful and beautiful voices in the business.
SHUDDER !!!!!! please dont list all the bands :eek:

Crouch End Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Some guy is trying to argue with me that V is better than Glasto :Z

V is odious (well Chelmsford one, have no experience of Staffs one) imo Line up is always OK but the atmosphere isn't good - too many people who aren't passionate about music and too many people who can't hold their drink. it's really child/family unfriendly no kids field, nothing for them to do except collect cups (you get money for handing in the beer cups - or at least you did) and there is a seriously badly laid out bit that causes a crush between the stages. The whole commerciality of it gets constantly rammed down your neck - ads between the bands, sponsored this sponsored that, bla bla. Glastonbury's commercial too, but there's a lower bell end count and it caters to everyone PLUS everyone changes for the better at Glastonbury, there's no manners or community spirit at V just half of Essex on a jolly

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Beat, Cage The Elephant, BB King, The Wombles, Primal Scream, Kaiser Chiefs, KT Tunstall, The Kills, Paolo Nutini and Cold Play were the only bands/artists I got to see. Oh well I've got the Hop Farm and Guilfest to look forward to.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I saw BB King.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I went to V 5 years out of 6 between 2002/07. Always enjoyed myself but it isn't a patch on Glastonbury.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some guy is trying to argue with me that V is better than Glasto :Z

Really? What's the basis of his arguement? I went years ago and really did not like it one bit. I cannot find a single element of this 'festival' which is positive and which betters the Glasto approach.

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
I went to V once and it doesn't even come close to Glasto. The only other festival that I have enjoyed as much as Glasto is ATP but that is a different kind of festival experience.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Really? What's the basis of his arguement? I went years ago and really did not like it one bit. I cannot find a single element of this 'festival' which is positive and which betters the Glasto approach.

I thinks the atmosphere and lineups are better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here