Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
She's not lip syncing, the backing vocalists are covering at times. I'm no massive fan but she has an amazing voice and from what I've seen possibly best headliner on the pyramid.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Utter shit. I can't stand this sort of shouty tuneless nonsense.

She's a hot lady no doubt but that can't excuse her terrible music.

I've switched to Kool & the Gang. Far more interesting stuff

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
well it looks to me as though there are thousands of people there quite happy. There will always be plenty of moaners at whatever act headlines. If it ain't your thing then do something else. Rather Beyonce than Coldplay in my world.

terry1

Banned
Jun 19, 2011
Patcham
well it looks to me as though there are thousands of people there quite happy. There will always be plenty of moaners at whatever act headlines. If it ain't your thing then do something else. Rather Beyonce than Coldplay in my world.

I agree, Coldplay is suicide music

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
She's not even bothering to lip sync most of the time.

Do you think she knew she was expected to do more than just dance a bit?

Kool and the gang on t'other side for quality singing,move's aren't so good though.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I'm not saying people aren't enjoying it, and I'm not complaining myself because I'm not there and if I was I just wouldn't be watching her.

Every year I've been I've tended to avoid the headliners. In fact I can only remember Stevie Wonder from last year's top bill acts. I'm just not really into mass market commercial music. But that's not what Glasto is about for me. It's good having the dreary shit on the main stage to attract the morons, so the rest of us can get on with the proper stuff in peace and comfort. It's like Brighton needing West Street to keep the riff raff busy whilst we locals can enjoy the nice parts of town without dickheads getting in the way

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I have no problem with Beyonce as an artist and she is a good performer, she can certainly sing BUT this is GLASTO, not a fuckin pop concert to 14 year olds. That is my issue with it, Party in the park YES, Glasto NO.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I'm not saying people aren't enjoying it, and I'm not complaining myself because I'm not there and if I was I just wouldn't be watching her.

Every year I've been I've tended to avoid the headliners. In fact I can only remember Stevie Wonder from last year's top bill acts. I'm just not really into mass market commercial music. But that's not what Glasto is about for me. It's good having the dreary shit on the main stage to attract the morons, so the rest of us can get on with the proper stuff in peace and comfort. It's like Brighton needing West Street to keep the riff raff busy whilst we locals can enjoy the nice parts of town without dickheads getting in the way

oh so you are better then them?

Sorry but in my life i've had it up to here with the 'my musics is better than yours' types.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I would have been at the Pyramid Stage to see what it was like. About 10 mins later I'd have done an offski.

Did the same with Springsteen who wasn't floating my boat. Ended up in a hot and sweaty tent jumping around to The Wonder Stuff who were IMMENSE.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
oh so you are better then them?

Sorry but in my life i've had it up to hear with the 'my musics is better than yours' types.

I'm not saying I'm better than anyone. But I have spent years refining my musical tastes through experimentation rather than just accepting whatever mass marketed tripe is spewed out by the radio stations.

If you like Beyonce good for you. But personally I find her music is banal, boring and actually quite irritating. Each to their own though.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I'm not saying I'm better than anyone. But I have spent years refining my musical tastes through experimentation rather than just accepting whatever mass marketed tripe is spewed out by the radio stations.

If you like Beyonce good for you. But personally I find her music is banal, boring and actually quite irritating. Each to their own though.

To be honest Beyonce isn't my thing. It's just that i appreciate that at doing what she does - she's probably the best at it.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
To be honest Beyonce isn't my thing. It's just that i appreciate that at doing what she does - she's probably the best at it.

Like I said, each to their own. But I can't tell the difference between her music and any number of similarly dull artists in the charts like Rihanna, Amerie or whoever else is polluting radio airwaves these days.

But it's not designed to appeal to me, so let them have it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here