Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Coldplay are like the Apple of music. Those above who are deriding them had already made the decision long before they came on stage. There is literally nothing they could have done in order for those people to say something like "I've never been a Coldplay fan but, blimey, they surprised me there. Not a bad set at all."

Disagree to a certain degree. I thought they were okay but nothing special. It was a good show but the tunes are on the whole quite weak IMO. Saying that their breakthrough song "Yellow" was and is still an awesome tune. I'd put them in the same category as Snow Patrol - they're the kind of band that blokes go to see with their new girlfriends.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
Coldplay gave me shivers! soo good i want to be there 2013 :D

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Really enjoyed watching bits and bobs from the Friendly Fires, Noah and The Whale, Chemicals and Elbow yesterday (Guy Garvey ruined the set with his embarrassing Dad syndrome). Coldplay were good to dip in and out of. They mave have become blander every year but they still have some amazing tunes like Shiver and The Scientist. The best bit about not being there is you can turn over. Interesting to hear Rumer. Dull as dishwater to watch but a beautiful voice. Pick of the day for me though was Omar Souleyman. Amazing and a real surprise, which is what festivals are all about.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
PS - did anyone get to see any of Wild Beasts? That's where I would have been last night but have not seen any footage as yet

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I Know coldplay get a bt of stick for being a bit too middle of the road but I thought they were excellent last night, if I was there I would have missed them as I would have been too busy at the Chemical brothers.

Coldplay are like the Apple of music. Those above who are deriding them had already made the decision long before they came on stage. There is literally nothing they could have done in order for those people to say something like "I've never been a Coldplay fan but, blimey, they surprised me there. Not a bad set at all."

They got hailed very quickly as connoisseur's alt-rock talented legends before they proved themselves - so they have a double-edged blessing and curse. On one hand they made bank and fame without having to put in the time, and they got resentment for it.
I guess they can shrug off the resentment as they buy nice houses and cars and date movie stars and models - I can't exactly feel sorry for them!

nick c

Mar 29, 2008
bn26
The best bit about not being there is you can turn over.

Justify's my decision every year not to go,i got to see 5 or more awesome sets yesterday,flicked over during cold play when bored to see chemical brothers smashing it,something anybody down there could never do,and the best bit,a lovely clean,warm,dry bed to finish.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seeing the photos of the INSIDE of Wifey's tent, makes me chuckle every time.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
A senior member of David Cameron's Tory constituency association has been found dead in a toilet at Glastonbury Festival, the BBC understands. from BBC

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
sounds like your Mrs is really dirty, filthy even!
Sounds like you want to be here when she comes home.

You're more than welcome, she bored the arse off me with Glasto talk before she went, she's going to be impossible when back!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Coldplay were bloody awesome end of

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Paul Simon in good form, what time are the Wombles on ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Date movie stars?...thought martin had married one and fathered child which is a tad different....not sure they wud b asking for us to feel sorry for them anyway...I think the post re apple sums it up..silly really...but as the guy sed earlier each to there own.

Seagull Stew

A senior member of David Cameron's Tory constituency association has been found dead in a toilet at Glastonbury Festival, the BBC understands. from BBC

That's dreadful news. Must have been the shock of discovering that there was no bidet!

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Whilst the incredibly dull Coldplay bored the shit out of everyone on the pyramid stage the chemical brother were simply epic on the other stage.
agreed although I get the feeling a Chemical Brothers gig you actually have to be there to REALLY get it - went to bed with a massive headache due to the strobe lighting

enjoyed the Paolo Nutini , Elbow and Tinie Tempah sets yesterday

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
right , more of a gripe with the Beeb then Glasto - but the amount of times the bands throw lines and stuff for the crowd to sing is massive , always has been

this year when it's being thrown - despite it's OBVIOUS the crowd are getting involved you can't hear a thing :( disappointing , no chance of a mic there in 2013?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here