Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glastonbury

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Wu Tang - dreadful
Two Door Cinema Club - fluff, don't see what all the fuss is about
U2 - a performance that summed up why they are derided by so many
Morrissey - best of bad bunch so far, good set, good band.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Whilst the incredibly dull Coldplay bored the shit out of everyone on the pyramid stage the chemical brother were simply epic on the other stage.

Similar to Friday when you could avoid Bono in leather trousers and take in Primal Scream instead

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Found Coldplay and Elbow brilliant..wher seasider gets the dull bit from no fekin idea..rock on

From seeing them live awful band, dull and soppy front man as well. Its all down to personal taste though so each to their own but for me its middle of the road radio 2 dad-rock

Interesting thread, but live vs watching on tv?
You can view thousands of hours of live material on youtube or DVDs, even from the library, and never go to a concert.
But nothing is like being there. BBKing isn't going to be around playing much longer I fear, and I'd hate to have ever had to say I'n not seen him play live. Rain is a drag but not if you're properly dressed for it and prepared for where you crash at the end of the day. We're English after all, gotta be ready for rainfall.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Coldplay are like the Apple of music. Those above who are deriding them had already made the decision long before they came on stage. There is literally nothing they could have done in order for those people to say something like "I've never been a Coldplay fan but, blimey, they surprised me there. Not a bad set at all."

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Noah and the Whale - blistering set of fabulous tunes. A less quirky and very worthy successor to the glorious They Might Be Giants.

Janelle Monae (sp) - what a pile of absolute shite. Precocious stage school girl sings Barry Manilow-style show tunes. How she is not Will Smith's daughter remains a mystery to most.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Out of yesterdays performances winners for me were Chemical Brothers and The Kills, VV :love:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I like Shiver by Coldplay. Lively and sometime-screamy. They're not groundbreaking, or particularly interesting, but they are not worthy of the derision they receive. I'm a person who doesn't generally like the over-successful, and that is a silly way to be, but Coldplay don't leave me in despair over the state of the music industry and the drab hearts of the MOR. I get more perturbed by the likes of The Feeling who for me have the complete lack of their name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here