Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Glastonbury 2024

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll admit to finding The Coldplay hate just bizarre.

There'a a whole world of music that doesn't work for me, but I don't call it shit/shite/<insert another abusive term here>.

Me not liking something doesn't make it objectively shit.

I recall eagerly awaiting the arrival of Springsteen at the Pyramid Stage on the Saturday night way back in 2009. I'd not seen him live before, but his live sets were legendary. After half an hour I'd had enough - it just wasn't for me. It wasn't shite, it just didn't vibe with me. I staggered off and found The Wonder Stuff playing Dizzy in a tent somewhere and got involved in the bouncing around, having all kinds of fun.

Springsteen isn't shite. Coldplay aren't shite.

Music is a big, broad place. Enjoy what you like. Don't slag off the stuff you don't, nor the people who enjoy it.
In case it matters: I've not seen a single second from this year, including Coldplay. I'm currently watching random nonsense on YouTube.

Reactions: A1X

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Jesus, she looked like she had Dion Dublin & Errol Brown in a head lock.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I listen to BBC6 everyday and am sick of Glastonbury this and Glastonbury that fgs. Everywhere I go all I see and hear is that living hell. The last concert I went to was the last Jam concert at the Brighton Centre a few years ago.
I love Deadletter, Sprintz, Idles, English Teacher, CMAT etc but am made to feel I’m a second class citizen because I HATE festivals.
Am I alone ? Rant over.
In the least mean way possible, don’t listen to it during Glastonbury if you dislike it?

As per this thread, it’s a massive deal that most people love. It’s one of the biggest hits for the BBC and their coverage reflects that.

It’s a bit like being at work during the Euros and having people go out of their way to tell me that they dislike football and aren’t going to watch any of it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Watching disclosure on the other stage. Odd set but pretty decent if that’s your thing.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

There'a a whole world of music that doesn't work for me, but I don't call it shit/shite/<insert another abusive term here>.
Music is a big, broad place. Enjoy what you like. Don't slag off the stuff you don't, nor the people who enjoy it.
Are you new here? :wink: :smile:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it's a counter-reaction to many in music media fawning over everything they did, even when it wasn't particular special, or quite self indulgent. it became cool to hate on them. to be fair they deserve some of it, then again they entertain crowds 20-odd years on. :shrug:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are you new here? :wink: :smile:
First time caller - love the show.

On reflection, I probably could have worded that better, so Il'll try again...

I find that so many seem to feel the need to tell everyone how much they hate Coldplay a little bizarre.

There are, presumably, many other musical acts that don't float their particular boat, but I suspect they don't feel the need to tell everyone at every available opportunity about that.

Coldplay though? Utter SHITE. You over there - do you like Colplay? You're a f***ing idiot - they are the worst band in the history of the world. You know nothing about music. Get in the music bin you idiot.

Why do people think is something they need to do?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

I find that so many seem to feel the need to tell everyone how much they hate Coldplay a little bizarre.

There are, presumably, many other musical acts that don't float their particular boat, but I suspect they don't feel the need to tell everyone at every available opportunity about that.

Coldplay though? Utter SHITE. You over there - do you like Colplay? You're a f***ing idiot - they are the worst band in the history of the world. You know nothing about music. Get in the music bin you idiot.

Be fair, you have a soft spot for them. Me? I think they are one of the most cringe-worthy bands that became 'big' in the past 20+years.
And CM is a knob.
Just my opinion, but I'll defend it for all time! :D

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

I definitely got your point but the same happens every year and on many other music threads

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here